Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prem: Lawrenson on Rooney | Setanta

Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson And Wayne Rooney Had Bust-Up, Reveals Lawrenson - Goal.com

Former Liverpool player Mark Lawrenson has claimed Wayne Rooney had a ‘massive row’ with Sir Alex Ferguson before the Fulham game.

Having played the full 90 minutes in the 4-1 defeat to Liverpool, Rooney was left on the bench for the following game against Fulham.

He was introduced as a half-time substitute at Craven Cottage but, as United went down to a 2-0 defeat, the England star was shown two yellow cards and reacted furiously as he left the field.

And Lawrenson, speaking to Radio 5 Live, has now said that Rooney did not start against Fulham due to a training ground row with Ferguson.

According to The Mail on Sunday, Lawrenson said: “Everybody knows he had a massive row with Fergie after the Liverpool game and was then left out.

“It’s an ongoing problem but, if anyone can deal with it, it is Sir Alex.”

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I mentioned it on another thread , i heard he fell out with phelan and had a massive row with him.
Words were exchanged and rumour has it he said something like you are nowhere near as good as carlos, fergie stepped in and dropped him to show support for phelan.
how much of its true , i do not know

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm sure arguments break out all the time after horrible losses like the Liverpool one was. It'll blow over and build characters no doubt.

By the way on the subject of Phelan not being as good as Quieroz, did anyone else read that aparently Roberto Mancini rejected the chance to be assistant manager in the summer?

I think that maybe after pursuing Mancini for and missing out, Fergie had little time to pursue anybody else so he appointed somebody 'in house'.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
I mentioned it on another thread , i heard he fell out with phelan and had a massive row with him.
Words were exchanged and rumour has it he said something like you are nowhere near as good as carlos, fergie stepped in and dropped him to show support for phelan.
what --dropped him with a roundhouse right ? what really happened is wayne threw his boot at phelan in a strop which cut his eyebrow --saf gave him a roasting and benched him .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
things like this happen more often than we ever know- it shows passion and that all concerned care about united. they have got over it and it will be sorted within house , why some muppet has to make a big thing of it is just typical.

rooney will get his head down again and get on with channelling his agression back into his game rather than let petty frustrations get the better of him.

you wouldn't think we were top of the league would ya??

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
lawro seems to be one gene away from downs .
he has questionable dress sense
he was once a scouse
i am enthusiastic over euthanasing him .

i have a pillow and when i can get abo to stop biting it i will smother lawro with it forthwith

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Could well imagine it. Phelan strikes me as a deer in headlamps at times.

Hopefully, if this is true, Fergie had a little word with Wayne who is ok now... ;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If that is true, then im with sir alex. Im sure its obvious enough that Phelan cannot be compared to Carlos & Rooney should know that. Its disgusting how players do that, telling them their thoughts is fine just as long as they did it in the right way. But then again, how truthful this is no one knows. Im sure sir alex will handle it well.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
This is just Lawrenson talking sh*t, making more out of something that was small..
He's an ex-dipper and he's hoping Fergie will respond to these stupid comments..
Fergie will handle this well i'm sure and laugh it off!!

Z

·
0 Posts
This is just Lawrenson talking sh*t, making more out of something that was small..
He's an ex-dipper and he's hoping Fergie will respond to these stupid comments..
Fergie will handle this well i'm sure and laugh it off!!
My thoughts exactly.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I did wonder if there was more to the fall-out story than met the eye after he was dropped against Fulham. After all, he wouldn't be the first to have been the receiving end.

But it's hard to judge how much is in it though if it is true. But there's no doubting that Sir Alex can deal with it.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
think its aloud of B.S TBH lawro is abit of a fool IMO and is just trying to stir shit! i wouldn't believe a word of it! even if it did happen nothing will come of it IMO Fergie will deal with it like he always does

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Hmm read this earlier today but I dont think theres much truth in the matter
Looks like the Dippers are trying out their mind games again :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts