Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never mind Liverpool's biggest win... United are now the bookies' tip for the 2008/09 title, after Chelsea dropped two points on Christmas Sunday.

Betfred price the Reds at 5/4 favourites with Chelsea as 7/4 second choice following their draw in the West London derby at Craven Cottage. Frank Lampard looked to have given the Blues another win when his brace overturned Fulham's early lead through Clint Dempsey, but the latter netted a last-minute equaliser to dent Chelsea's challenge.

Liverpool are still only third favourites at 11/4, despite scoring five goals away at Newcastle. The Magpies are 5/1 to be relegated after losing 5-1 to Rafa Benitez's men.

Stoke are favourites to go down after losing 2-1 at West Ham and fighting among themselves - Ricardo Fuller was sent off for shoving his own captain Andy Griffin.

Sunday also saw Arsenal recover from their Boxing Day draw at Aston Villa, where they led 2-0 at one stage. This time, the Gunners had no such trouble, beating Portsmouth 1-0.

Wigan enjoyed the same scoreline at Bolton, to move up to seventh place in the league. Manchester City snatched a point at Blackburn thanks to Robinho's injury-time equaliser.

Everton and West Brom were the other Sunday victors, beating Sunderland 3-0 and Tottenham 2-0 in their respective home fixtures.

A full league programme will be completed by United's match against Middlesbrough on Monday and Hull at home to Aston Villa on Tuesday.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6624472&page=2

·
Registered
542 Posts
i think we all secretly feel liverpool are gonna slip up somewhere along the lines.
we got game in hand and liverpool has to come to ot

its gonna be chelsea and united again i think

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, as I've said a couple of times we're in the driving seat.

We are 7 points behind, with 2 games in hand. Win those, and we'll obviously be one behind Liverpool and 2 in front of Chelsea. We've then got the other 3 of last season's top 4, and Villa, City etc to play at Old Trafford.

I think we've got to get more urgency in our game, but I have a feeling we're going to win the title.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Its rare the bookies are ridiculously wrong....ive already got 750 quid on United ,banged it on when they were 3/1
Seriously :eek:

I'm not surprised we're favourites now our games in hand aren't the hardest but the way we're playing I wouldn't be surprised if we lost them both, Liverpool must of been worth a punt at the beginning they were 8/1 most places; still I think they will slip up.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Its rare the bookies are ridiculously wrong....ive already got 750 quid on United ,banged it on when they were 3/1
:eek: can i have a loan of a 10er in may please?:) :p

thiink the bookies are right to put us as favourites as we have all our hard away games over and with 2 winable games in hand and then only going to be a point behind the pressure is on liverpool who have never been on this possition

the only thing imo that will **** our season is our lack of goals

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
well, it is bedfred, united's official bookmaker. but nonetheless, games in hand and chelsea at home pending, we should be close enough to liverpool, and just like arsenal last year, everyone is expecting that the scousers will fall away with lack of experience sometime in march, hopefully coinciding with a thumping loss at old trafford.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Now that Gerrards imprison, all it takes is for Torres to feel a bit achey after getting out of bed again to turn liverpool back into a UEFA Cup side. Chelsea are literally **** at the Bridge and....

I'm sure there was another top 4 team but... I cant seem to remember there name? ********? Arselol? Ohhh Arsenal. Enjoy your UEFA Cup with Liverpool Wenger, if you're still there next season that is :p Usmanov will sack you the minute he gets in and you suffer another shock defeat to Wigan or Fulham or Bolton. Villa to make 3rd.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Justice said:
Now that Gerrards imprison, all it takes is for Torres to feel a bit achey after getting out of bed again to turn liverpool back into a UEFA Cup side. Chelsea are literally **** at the Bridge and....

I'm sure there was another top 4 team but... I cant seem to remember there name? ********? Arselol? Ohhh Arsenal. Enjoy your UEFA Cup with Liverpool Wenger, if you're still there next season that is :p Usmanov will sack you the minute he gets in and you suffer another shock defeat to Wigan or Fulham or Bolton. Villa to make 3rd.

what id give to see that happen :eek: would be the best season ever :p

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
if liverpool are still there come end of feb then they got to be considered serious challengers. if you have won it then that is worth 3 points to any team which is why imo its man utd and chelsea any maybe even arsenal before 'pool.

We need to kill teams off earlier and put fear in them when they line up against us.

·
Registered
488 Posts
True that the scoucers are playing well, but I still can't see them lifting the trophy by the end of the seasons... I guess the 3 of us including Chelsea would be biting onto one another for till the very last game.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Let the first half of this season buried and hopefully our top form slowly flow and let open a new book in the second half of the season..Our next BPL game against Chelsea will should us, can we really retain our crown..I believe this will be our turning point of the season...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts