Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Martin Set To Move!!??

2K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  carlyluvsunited 
#1 ·
Manchester United winger set for Blues move

Lee Martin is expected to join Birmingham City Football Club this week.

The winger has failed to establish himself in the Manchester United first team setup, although he has impressed during their preparations for the coming season.

Despite this Sir Alex Ferguson is willing to let the 21-year-old, who impressed at Sheffield United last season, leave Old Trafford to gain regular first team football.

The Blades would like to take Martin back on a permanent basis this summer, but it is believed that Alex McLeish will win the race and take him to Birmingham City for £1.5million.
________________________________________________________________________________

United youngsters like Campbell, Jonny Evans, Lee Martin, Danny Simpson, Chris Eagles, Darron Gibson, Sam Hewson, Danny Welbeck and Ben Amos are all considered stars of the future.

Fergie claims they are among the best youngsters he has seen. "They're all really good players," he said. "They've got good potential and some of them will go on loan, some have come back from their loan periods and will now have to push on and show that improvement that's going to get them into the first team squad."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why SAF is not giving these guys their chance to play in the first team!! Ok, he has a fully fit squad but why would he go and buy berbatov for £25m, when he has such a wide selection of young and talented player from the reserve team!!

He already sold Eagles, who i believe was not given his chance last year, the lad refused to go on loan to prove a point!

SAF was not so confident in the youngsters as he was with the 95/96 season when he put youngsters like scholes,beck,butt and the neville brothers in the mix with the greats of that time like King Cantona..

I'm not judging him but after saying that thay were the best reserves he had seen over the years i think he could atleast given a chance to the best of them.
And for me the best of the selection above is LEE MARTIN who was on loan at sheffied united last season and did well. He can be the perfect replacement for Ronaldo [on who i don't want to make any comments!!] if only he gets his chance to play in some of the premier league matches>

After all why not!!!
Look at the team Arsenal played yesterday and beat R.Madrid!!
Wenger is just trying to copy what Fergie did best in his time and can still do it the only thing is that Wenger is snathing talents from around the globe while Man Utd have triple of that talent right here in our reserves!!!!

P.S : I was not critisizing SAF or praising our enemies but it was just to prove my point!!!
:) :) :) :)

See less See more
#3 ·
hes got high hopes for Campbell and Jonny Evans there both going to get there chance in the first team this season for sure so dont get to down just yet we have a big squad with classy players and some reserves will make the grade some wont its just down to how they play and if fergie dosnt think there good enough then i have every confedance in him

#5 ·
maybe he aint putting his faith in these players simply because he does not believe they have the potential. on a serious note here, do you really think chris eagles was the next david beckham

to have the players come through in 95/96 was a freak it wont happen for a long time again. tbh i would rather us sell players like lee martin to smaller clubs gain a small profit and then one day watch them doing well for mid table teams in the premiership and say we produced them, rather than let them rot in the reserves. personally i dont see lee martin being good enough for our team. others may disagree but at the end of the day this question is simply because fergie dont think they are good enough obviously and while his the boss thats that

#15 ·
I'm just going to copy a post I posted in the youngsters thread;

"I can't say I'm too surprised tbh.

He looks an average player (in our position) and hasn't really impressed me that much when he's played. He did score a good goal against the Orlando Pirates, but apart from that hasn't done enough for me.

Also, hes well down the pecking order, just like Eagles was."

But, I do get annoyed sometimes at Sir Alex for not giving the young players a chance. Eagles didn't grasp his opportunity when he played, and obviously theres my views on Martin ^.

But players like Rossi and Pique, were promised first-team football, but didn't get any, or enough. Especially Pique, who was treated badly by us imo.

Hopefully the Silva twins, Possebon, Evans, Campbell etc get more opportunities than Pique and Rossi.

#20 ·
if anyone saw him play vs juventus , i think he has the quality required to be a man utd player!!!!!!!!!, He was not afraid of The italiens at all he even had the best opportunity with the penalty which was refused!!!!!!! if only he got that << everybody would have been on his side then YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.