Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have no Heinze and Richardson now. After Silvestre also left us, who else can be the left back if Evra got injuried or suspension? O'Shea? Park? Hargreaves? Or change the back row to three only?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i assume oshea will fill in when needed. evans can be used as a lb in emergency, and we have one exciting prospect in fabio, and time will tell whether he is up to the challenge.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Fabio Da Silva is a great option as well as O'Shea as that was his natural position before he became our versatile man. Hargreaves can also play there as I have seen him do before and of great quality just like he did at right back last season so if all comes to worse I would think he would get the job. So yeah we got:

Evra
O'Shea
Fabio Da Silva &
Hargo

·
Registered
566 Posts
we have lot of quality players to vying for the starting spot. dont worry mate.
im sure o shea or fabio will be an able backup

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I didn't think we should of sold Silvestre, and let him be back-up this season, and that would have given Fabio time to adapt to England. But we sold him, he got injured in his first training session for Arsenal so maybe hes turned injury prone after his bad injury so we've done the better thing :p

But anyway, we have O'Shea and Fabio to cover, and Hargreaves has played there for Bayern Munich and Evans has played there before as well, so we're well covered.

I wouldn't want Evans playing there personally, but the rest would be fine.

If I was to choose, I would put them in this order;

1) Evra (Obviously)
2) Fabio
3) Hargreaves
4) Evans

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
manutd004 said:
I didn't think we should of sold Silvestre, and let him be back-up this season, and that would have given Fabio time to adapt to England. But we sold him, he got injured in his first training session for Arsenal so maybe hes turned injury prone after his bad injury so we've done the better thing :p

But anyway, we have O'Shea and Fabio to cover, and Hargreaves has played there for Bayern Munich and Evans has played there before as well, so we're well covered.

I wouldn't want Evans playing there personally, but the rest would be fine.

If I was to choose, I would put them in this order;

1) Evra (Obviously)
2) Fabio
3) Hargreaves
4) Evans

yea agree with you we should not have sold Silvestrte would have been good back up lb

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We have loads of cover there.
Fabio and O'Shea for main cover.
People like Nev, Brown, Anderson, Hargo can also play there....
and there is another left back who plays his international football in that position
and he is very good. Mr.Evans.
No problem whatsoever here.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i have to agree with jazz weve got plenty of cover for left back and you honestly think fergie would have sold if he wasnt 100 per cent sure we had exelent cover? for me its gota be fabio though! even though o shea is the best player in the world dont understand how ppl rave about ronaldo ahead of o shea :confused: ;) :p

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I wouldnt have Fabio anywhere near the first team right now. He's been exposed defensively in the reserve's so he could be in serious trouble if he was thrown in the first team.

Lets let him fully adapt the Reserves for now and then after Xmas we can
re-asses his 'situtation' as to weather he's ready yet.

Obviously Evra is the number 1, and I would put O'Shea as the second LB for now.

I've never seen Evans play LB for N. Ireland but from all acounts he's been brilliant there, so I have no worries there.

In the short term I think we're ok, and the long term looks OK aswell but I'm slightly worried about the medium term as we'll need 2 good left backs, so its really a case of how well Evans plays there and weather Fabio can adapt and progress quickly.

For me right now it goes:

1. Evra
2. O'Shea
3. Evans
4. Hargreaves

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hargo in at number 4??Anderson has played there before and is great in the
tackle and going forward. Also, we could just play Nev at RB and put Wes at LB.
Surely that would be a good option?
You make some valid points about Fabio but if Rafael is good enough, then
surely his brother could do a bit of a job?
But as I said in my previous post, its not a worry.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Yep, agree with you there TM.

Rafael has impressed me much more than Fabio.

O'Shea and Evans have played left-back internationally. Hargreaves played there for Bayern Munich and I think Anderson played there for Gremio.

We have plenty of cover imo.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Hargo in at number 4??Anderson has played there before and is great in the
tackle and going forward. Also, we could just play Nev at RB and put Wes at LB.
Surely that would be a good option?
You make some valid points about Fabio but if Rafael is good enough, then
surely his brother could do a bit of a job?
But as I said in my previous post, its not a worry.
Yeah but for me Hargreaves is an excellent RB, not a LB (though obviously we've never seen him there) wheras Evans is a natural left footer and has played there before and done very well (apparently)

Also Rafael and Fabio are different players. I read something on them a few days ago, I think it was from Possebon in the United magazine where he says Rafael is the stronger, quicker, more explosive player who is more 'nippy' wheras Fabio is better technically i.e control, passing, crossing ect, so I think Rafael's game fits into the Premiership better than Fabio's, so Fabio has more work to do in order for him to fully adapt.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Several years ago, when Silvestre got injuried, Heinze transferred to be LB. When Heinze also got injuries before World Cup, Evra was taken to MU. I wonder LB could only be played well by left footers.

Except Giggs and Evra, who else are also natural left footers?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts