Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The United boss said: "We don't always get great joy in January and I think the squad is good enough. It takes time for players to settle in when they are midway through the season — so we are conscious of that. Maybe we are short of cover in the left-back area now Gabriel Heinze has left, but other than that we are okay."
Staff writer, The Sun

who would you bother with at left back? doesnt look like we'll be gettin any strikers in Jan

Sagnol has been linked a bit...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sagnol's a right back.

I'd love his teammate though. Philippe Lahm. He's supposedly avaliable aswell.

He wouldn't be cup tied for the Champions League either because players who appear in the UEFA cup now in the first half of the season can appear in the CL latter stages.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Sagnol is a right-back.

I was a bit disappointed we didn't sign Bale.

I saw a report saying that Shorey could be available for £2.6m. I can't think of any other left-backs at the mo.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
For God's sake,Willy Sagnol is a right-back throughthout his whole career. Oh yeah
anyway,Reading manager Steve Coppell,admits that England's left-back Nicky Shorey wants out. Worth considering though...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i agree with reddwarf...Bale is a great prospect...and it would have been excelent if he had signed with United...but his young...maybe in the future

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
reddwarf said:
Sagnol is a right-back.

I was a bit disappointed we didn't sign Bale.

I saw a report saying that Shorey could be available for £2.6m. I can't think of any other left-backs at the mo.
i'll have to disagree with you there mate....i don't think he's good enough for us....not even as cover

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I wonder if Nani can play at Left Back.......:D

Philippe Lahm would be superb but I'm not sure if he would settle being cover for Evra considering he is the left back for the German National team......

Sheasy is always useful to have as cover at left back but I suppose we do need a long term cover for Evra.......

I remember all these players who everyone used to rave about......

Bardsley, Stepehn Warnock, Leighton Baines...........are they good enough for United as a cover at left back.....??

Wayne Bridge would be ideal imho........

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
unitedred said:
Sagnol's a right back.

I'd love his teammate though. Philippe Lahm. He's supposedly avaliable aswell.

He wouldn't be cup tied for the Champions League either because players who appear in the UEFA cup now in the first half of the season can appear in the CL latter stages.
Phillip lahm hs already signed for barca.He's just playing for munich until his contract expires.Shame we did'nt snap him up when we had the chance

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Shorey probably isn't good enough, its very unlikely he'd perform against top teams.

I think we should hang on in there for now and wait until summer personally.

O'Shea can play there if needed and i heard Silvestre was making good progress

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya ya sagnol is right back my bad, he was mentioned as a target in the same article...

j o'shea is grand for cover, this'll sound stupid but i think silvestre getting injured was a great thing for us cos at least we dont have to worry about any cock ups from him at least!! he should be cleared out asap

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
andycole9 said:
i'll have to disagree with you there mate....i don't think he's good enough for us....not even as a cover
I gotta disagree with u though. The lad has scored 2 goals & created 4 assists in 14 games for the Royals this season. He's 26,which is young compared to Willy Sagnol who's past 30, got the goals & assists, & put up a rock-solid performance against Brazil,which ended up in a 1-1 draw. Moreover he's absolutely FREE,
his contract has expired and he's not signing a new one, so why not?!:confused:
I personally thinks his a great defensive cover.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I don't think we need anybody, and would be very surprised if we actually went and signed a left back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the rumours are true, that we are chasing sporting lisbon's miguel veloso, he is a natural left footer who can play in the centre of midfield, centre-back and left-back. Another young, versatile long term option. Not to mention our relationship with the club so no doubt SAF could go for him in January.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
davster23 said:
If the rumours are true, that we are chasing sporting lisbon's miguel veloso, he is a natural left footer who can play in the centre of midfield, centre-back and left-back. Another young, versatile long term option. Not to mention our relationship with the club so no doubt SAF could go for him in January.
Not needed. We have loads of very capable midfielders who are better than Veloso. Veloso is a MF player so he wouldnt be signed to play in our defence, no way. He is a good player but we dont need him at all. We need a striker(wouldnt mind Berb, Anelka or Villa maybe? and possibly a versatile defender like Ivanovic.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
i agree with reddwarf...Bale is a great prospect...and it would have been excelent if he had signed with United...but his young...maybe in the future
I don't see why. We're gonna have Fabio/Rafael coming up soon....

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
carlyluvsunited said:
He's right back.....

Thread asks for left back :p
ya hes a right back but hes surely experienced and versatile enough to play left or right full, with gary out as well this lad could do a good job for us short term!!

also have you ever been a soccerette on soccer am?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts