Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 844 Posts

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut price £5m deal apparently linked today, see it as very unlikely myself, lazy journalism because Fabios out on loan, they assume he has no future...

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,946 Posts
I'd take him here, quality player.

Bit late to be signing him now though at 28 (I believe).

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Good player but I don't see us signing him considering the fact that Evra is pretty much undroppable in Fergies eyes no matter the form he is in.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would also be great to have someone able to take a freekick in the team for a change

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
For 5 million I would take him but he will never be as good as Evra was at his peak in my opinion and when Evra is finally replaced, we could possibly do with someone who will be just as good as him when on fire. Fullback is a massive position for major clubs in my opinion and as great as he is with his delivery and set peices, lacks agility and is not a great defender either.

I think he lacks the improvisation and technical ability of Evra too and would offer less support to the wingers than Evra does. In dangerous positions he would without question have a better cross than Evra though I don't dispute that.

Tricky one for me.

pz!:cool:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
For £5m I'd take him, even tho I'm not his biggest fan. (In my opinion he's poor defensively)

Edit: For a £5m he'd be a hell of a signing.

·
Not a fan of current United first team
898 Posts
I think we need a left back to replace Evra now,not to back up for him.Although he'd come for cheap price I don't see him better than Evra now (being poor defensively is the problem of both at the moment)

·
Registered
434 Posts
5 Million? Something not quite right. i think itd be a good signing because he has improved defensively with Everton and his crossing is pretty damn good.

1. He gives Evra a big challenge to keep his place.
2. He would work well with Fabio the year he returns. We could switch them in and out as necessary.
3. He offers a viable left footed option down the wings which is something weve lacked for years. nobody apart from when giggs occasionally plays there is able to put the right sort of cross in consistently.

EDIT: i forgot to add hes the type of character that fits at United, quite and professional.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Cut price £5m deal apparently linked today, see it as very unlikely myself, lazy journalism because Fabios out on loan, they assume he has no future...
Don't think Fabio will make it as a left back though its through no fault of his. The problem is we have very right footed left wingers in Nani and Young so employing a right footed left back will kill off any width on the left. Evra is only playing ,currently, because of his left foot because his form has been shit since the world cup.

·
But sureley its illogical
1,072 Posts
Intersting timing though, anyone else think that maybe theres a little psycological warefare going on here as we're playing them today?

·
Chicharooney!
353 Posts
For that price I wouldn't mind seeing him over at United. A bit old tho, and we have Evra, who is also old, we need a young talent if anything, but Fabio is good enough either way.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Don't think Fabio will make it as a left back though its through no fault of his. The problem is we have very right footed left wingers in Nani and Young so employing a right footed left back will kill off any width on the left. Evra is only playing ,currently, because of his left foot because his form has been shit since the world cup.
Well, it's Fergie's fault for not having any left footed winger. I was mad we signed Young, I didn't want him here, I was ready to sell my ass on the street and sell drugs to gather enough money and try and keep him away from Old Trafford.
And you know the reason? Because we are in a bad need of a left footed winger, and we don't have one.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
he could be the ideal option to provide the back up for Evra (or in other words give a kick in the back to Evra) and be able to bridge the years before Fabio is completely ready for the first team spot

1 - 20 of 844 Posts