Manchester United Talk banner

841 - 844 of 844 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The party line at OT for the past 3 seasons as been "We will only buy a player if he is better than what we have". Truth of the matter is the party line should be "We don´t have the money to spend." People seem to forget the debt - we will never compete in the transfer market with the likes of our "Nasty Neighbours" or Chelsea. I firmly believe that the appointment of David Moyes was brought about because of this. DM is a ´hands on´coach who gives it 100%. Marinio isn´t in the same league as DM. The Portugese would be totally screwed if he didn´t have an open cheque book to splash around on importing players. I reckon Man United´s budget is circa 40 million per season so any talk of buying in players in January is a non-starter. We are good enough to secure a top 4 place which is good enough to earn Champions League wonga on a season to season basis.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
[quoteit, we replaced one parsimonious scot with another."redallover, post: 1562104, member: 18870"]The party line at OT for the past 3 seasons as been "We will only buy a player if he is better than what we have". Truth of the matter is the party line should be "We don´t have the money to spend." People seem to forget the debt - we will never compete in the transfer market with the likes of our "Nasty Neighbours" or Chelsea. I firmly believe that the appointment of David Moyes was brought about because of this. DM is a ´hands on´coach who gives it 100%. Marinio isn´t in the same league as DM. The Portugese would be totally screwed if he didn´t have an open cheque book to splash around on importing players. I reckon Man United´s budget is circa 40 million per season so any talk of buying in players in January is a non-starter. We are good enough to secure a top 4 place which is good enough to earn Champions League wonga on a season to season basis.[/quote]
Nails I

·
Moyes Out
754 Posts
What a load of tosh. Other big clubs have changed managers / backroom staff and not completely gone to pot in the transfer market, so it shouldn't be used as an excuse for us. It was just a very poor showing from Moyes and Woodward, and it shouldn't be dressed up as anything else.
Woodward coming in for Gill was also a big factor. Woodward is a novice when negotiating for players and spending money. His forte is bringing money into the club. If Gill had of stopped for another 3 months then maybe another player or two would of come. Who knows?

·
Chicharooney!
353 Posts
If Baines is the only transfer in January, i'm going to be very disappointed. Not that Baines isn't quality, but all funds should be thrown at the midfield at this point in time, because it's evident how terrible it is.

841 - 844 of 844 Posts