Manchester United Talk banner

Leighton Baines

59K views 843 replies 125 participants last post by  SuperPro69 
#1 ·
Cut price £5m deal apparently linked today, see it as very unlikely myself, lazy journalism because Fabios out on loan, they assume he has no future...

#8 ·
For 5 million I would take him but he will never be as good as Evra was at his peak in my opinion and when Evra is finally replaced, we could possibly do with someone who will be just as good as him when on fire. Fullback is a massive position for major clubs in my opinion and as great as he is with his delivery and set peices, lacks agility and is not a great defender either.

I think he lacks the improvisation and technical ability of Evra too and would offer less support to the wingers than Evra does. In dangerous positions he would without question have a better cross than Evra though I don't dispute that.

Tricky one for me.

pz!:cool:

#12 ·
5 Million? Something not quite right. i think itd be a good signing because he has improved defensively with Everton and his crossing is pretty damn good.

1. He gives Evra a big challenge to keep his place.
2. He would work well with Fabio the year he returns. We could switch them in and out as necessary.
3. He offers a viable left footed option down the wings which is something weve lacked for years. nobody apart from when giggs occasionally plays there is able to put the right sort of cross in consistently.

EDIT: i forgot to add hes the type of character that fits at United, quite and professional.

#13 ·
Don't think Fabio will make it as a left back though its through no fault of his. The problem is we have very right footed left wingers in Nani and Young so employing a right footed left back will kill off any width on the left. Evra is only playing ,currently, because of his left foot because his form has been shit since the world cup.

#18 ·
Well, it's Fergie's fault for not having any left footed winger. I was mad we signed Young, I didn't want him here, I was ready to sell my ass on the street and sell drugs to gather enough money and try and keep him away from Old Trafford.
And you know the reason? Because we are in a bad need of a left footed winger, and we don't have one.

#27 ·
Am I missing something? Why would Everton sell Baines for £5mil?

He's a high quality, low wage player who fits in perfectly at the club and I can't think of a single player who they could buy to improve that position. Everton only sell on their terms.

#30 ·
Fellaini is not good enough for a top four club. Nowhere near good enough. I fucking hate it when people suggest that we buy the likes of Dempsey, Henderson and Fellaini. It used to be let's buy Cahill. They're not good enough for a club of this stature. Good players, no doubt. But good enough for us? I don't think so. We'll turn into Liverpool if we start buying these type of players.

#42 ·
Fellaini is not good enough for a top four club. Nowhere near good enough. I f**king hate it when people suggest that we buy the likes of Dempsey, Henderson and Fellaini. It used to be let's buy Cahill. They're not good enough for a club of this stature. Good players, no doubt. But good enough for us? I don't think so. We'll turn into Liverpool if we start buying these type of players.
While i think your right and i do agree to some extent, Barcelona have some of the best players in world football and then some distinctly average players... Every top club has some "good" players that will never be great, we could sit here all day and list the United players that arent classed as great, just to name a few would be Park, Brown, Blanc, Blomqvist etc etc

I think its different signing someone like Dempsey or Fellaini compared to Henderson, he was young and yet to realise his potential while the latter players have shown on a consistent basis they have attributes that could really compliment a top club.

#37 ·
Yes sir, definitely mad, if you couldn't tell from the sarcastic retort i posted, filled with anger...

Whilst we're on the subject, can you tell me which players we need, which ones we will sign, which ones aren't good enough and the lotto numbers for next Saturday please?

Some pompous numpty, who constantly gets into arguments with others because they disagree with his word being law calling me a dickhead, thats probably more ironic...

#38 ·
Nox, you're a joke. Finish a fucking sentence instead of using the same three ...'s all the time.

You're one of the biggest transfer muppets on the forum. And you're always giving foreign fans abuse. You have a personal vendetta against abo. Just admit that you're jealous of him.

Constantly gets into arguments? The only people who I argue with are Flash, SimplyGiggs, peterswellman, TFIA and now you. And that's mainly over Berbatov, Messi vs Ronaldo and Barcelona.

A dickhead like me has twice as many likes as you. That's just cruel. At least you're popular in the real world.

#39 ·
I enjoy winding Abo up, as i'm sure he does me, i actually have a lot of points where i've agreed with Abo in the past...

Didn't realise my grammar got you so heated, i'll be more cautious with my ...'s in future, would hate to upset you...

Oh shit, you've got more likes than me? (7'000 more posts too :()

Throw enough shit at a wall, and some of it will stick eventually...

I also... post... a... lot... of... meme... pictures... this... probably... aggravates... you... aswell...

Apologies... in... advance...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.