Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Everybodys thought on this guy?

I mean he is some talent all you have to do is look at hes goals he scored like that run a few months back and an hatrick against Real Madrid :eek:

But did anyone see him last nite against Villareal? it finished 0-0 but he was played through and when the keeper came out he Calmly lifted the ball over the keeper before heading in on the line... (Whats wrong with that i hear you say?)... Well what i wrote above is all true but the bit were he liftwed it over the keeper was with his hand.

And hasnt he also done this before? Didnt he score a diving punch?

I think hes a great player when he uses his feet but he cheats to much (i remember a dive to get a chelsea player sent of 2 years back)

He also has Hand Of God in Argentinian stiched on his boots.

I would love somebody with his (FOOTballing) talents at United but just not him hes a disgrace which is a shame realy as like i said when he plays right hes brilliant.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You make a good point Damian and its not particularly nice to see him 'cheating' in these ways. This guy came 2nd in World footballer of the year and along with Ronaldo will go on to be one of the best the world has ever seen.
Its frightening what this kid can do. He is the next Maradona and even that magic goal he scored was a carbon copy of that wonderful goal in the '86 World Cup.

Different people have different views of the hand of God episode. Having that stitched into his boots is no big deal imo. Its a symbol of his hero (maradona). Even Diego has a huge big painting of the hand of God hanging proudly in his home. The Argies dont see it as cheating, where as it still greatly pisses the English off, especially RD :p

Anyway, I do believe he needs to cut these things out of his game, but whether he does or not will not stop him becoming one of the greatest ever.
It didnt do his hero any harm did it?
The truth is there are lots of footballers who 'cheat' or embellish things, and you need look no further than our very own Ronaldo. He has been known to dive many times, including some bad ones this season......so whats the difference????

Not much in my eyes. We have already had the discussion on Ronaldo:
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/man-utd-chat/4819-ronaldo-huh-bloody-ronaldo.html?highlight=ronaldo+diving ....

They are 2 of the 3 best in the World. It doesnt mean they dont have their faults, but damn are they exhillarating to watch. Hopefully in March Ill be getting to see them both playing live in Barcelona and Manchester :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
ronaldo and messi have cheated lots....but the cheat i most remember was by none of these players......i remember robben sending off reina in a match after he dived.....

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Damian said:
Whats Everybodys thought on this guy?

I mean he is some talent all you have to do is look at hes goals he scored like that run a few months back and an hatrick against Real Madrid :eek:

But did anyone see him last nite against Villareal? it finished 0-0 but he was played through and when the keeper came out he Calmly lifted the ball over the keeper before heading in on the line... (Whats wrong with that i hear you say?)... Well what i wrote above is all true but the bit were he liftwed it over the keeper was with his hand.

And hasnt he also done this before? Didnt he score a diving punch?

I think hes a great player when he uses his feet but he cheats to much (i remember a dive to get a chelsea player sent of 2 years back)

He also has Hand Of God in Argentinian stiched on his boots.

I would love somebody with his (FOOTballing) talents at United but just not him hes a disgrace which is a shame realy as like i said when he plays right hes brilliant.
I agree, but I don't think he dived against Chelsea, he overreacted a bit which is not the same imo...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
he may cheat but our boy ronaldo does a bit too...

they get bad tackles put on them every game, as well as cheap digs and pinches etc that many of us never see.

i was at the milan united game in milan 2 years ago, you may remember rooney and ronaldo and scholes havin poor games, i was behind the goal (that crespo scored on) and the half rooney was playin up there he had to deal with nesta constantly pinchin his back, ass, balls, stampin on his feet... all behind the refs back of course (italians are masters at this sort of shit)

few wankers gettin sent off or penalties given away is just desert in my eyes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts