Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PREMIER LEAGUE stars dominate an all-star team of 2007 with SEVEN players chosen in the first eleven.

French sports newspaper L'Equipe has named it's best football side of the year – comprising the finest talent the beautiful game has to offer.
Juventus shot stopping god Gianluigi Buffon keeps goal, while FC Sevilla's maurauding defender Daniel Alves – a summer transfer target for Chelsea, takes the right back spot.

A strong central defensive pairing of Arsenal's William Gallas and Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic are joined by fellow Red Devils' defender Patrice Evra at left back to complete the rearguard.

In midfield, the Premier League's dominance continues as Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas, Liverpool's Steven Gerrard and Manchester United's third representative Cristiano Ronaldo join new FIFA World Player of the Year 2007 Kaka in a fearsome quartet.

The awesome looking line-up is completed by Chelsea's Didier Drogba, who partners Real Madrid's Ruud Van Nistelrooy up front.

FC Barcelona fans will be astonished to see Argentinian wizard Lionel Messi missing from the line up, and Andrea Pirlo's omission will leave AC Milan fans baffled.

The fulll L'Equipe team of the year in full is: Buffon (Juventus), Alves (Seville), Vidic (Man Utd), Galla (Arsenal), Evra (Man Utd), Kaka, (AC Milan), Fabregas (Arsenal), Gerrard (Liverpool), Ronaldo (Man Utd), Drogba (Chelsea), Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)

Subs:petr Cech(Chelsea),Rio Ferdinand(Man Utd),Andrea Pirlo(AC Milan),Lionel Messi(FC Barcelona),Wayne Rooney(Man Utd)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
im surprised by the omission too..........messi is 2nd in FIFA best player and he is left out of the squad.............i dont know abt pirlo though...........he is not as gud as the players we already hav in this squad.........others all are almost right

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i'm glad 3 of our players got in the first 11...:)...that show a lot of Manchester...though...i don't know why Ferdinand is a reserve instead of Gallas...

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Scholes is easily as good as Pirlo so I don't know why people would be querying that decision.

I am delighted for Evra and Vidic as they thouroughly deserve to be on the team.

Ronaldo of course had to make it, just unbelievable.

I can't argue with that team at all and Gerard of course deserves to be on it.

Anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about football or is just being biased.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i'm not surprised at all by messi's ommission.... i mean how the hell did he manage to squeeze past ronaldo in the world no 2 spot...what the hell did he do last season - scored some marvelloues goals and that's it ! plus he was injured for the most of the season....so was gallas

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scott 4 evra said:
messi is a right wing forward. his best position is playin on the right of a 3 man forward line.
That's absolutely right. Also,u juz' hve to put Stevie G into the team no matter what. He's the most complete box-to-box midfielder in the world currently. FFS,stop being biased juz' b'coz he's playin' 4 the f**kin' Scousers! He can tackle,defend,attack,shoot,run & pass very well. Plus,he can chip in the goals too.
He's the only player besides Fernando Torres who can make it to United's first-XI.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
why does stevie 'silver bullet' gerrard keep getting into these teams !!!!

i honestly believe he waits til the 90th minute to get winners!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts