Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor who will NEVER play for Scotland again!

Wooooooooo, nice one SFA :thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl:
Dirty ********.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I know they stuck two fingers up, but what was bad about it?

I haven't really paid much attention to it other than the fact that they stucj there fingers up at while sitting on the bench.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the captain of Scotland swearing in front of the camera's at the fans doesn't really set a good example. Anyway, im glad he did it, now everyone can see how big a tit he is :thumbsup:

Also the fact that they broke team rules and stayed up drinking doesn't help their case lol

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Bit harsh really. I mean a lifetime ban?!?
cant believe 2 Scots (Solsk and 004) are actually happy about this.
ferguson is an important player. Who will play in there instead of him?
Being happy about having your team weakened is a bit strange but I can kinda see where you are coming from.
They acted like twats but a lifetime ban is so harsh.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Bit harsh really. I mean a lifetime ban?!?
cant believe 2 Scots (Solsk and 004) are actually happy about this.
ferguson is an important player. Who will play in there instead of him?
Being happy about having your team weakened is a bit strange but I can kinda see where you are coming from.
They acted like twats but a lifetime ban is so harsh.
Sorry, but I disagree with you in this case Jazz.

Ferguson is a vastly over-rated player. He always has been, and he's only had two good games for Scotland out of his 42 or so caps (against England in the 99(?) play-off and against France at Hampden). The Rangers fans have been wanting him gone for months, so if he's not good enough for Rangers how can he be good enough for Scotland? He also continually pulls out of squads whenever he feels like it.

As for his attitude, it has always been disgraceful. He's an arrogant tosser who has always thought he's bigger and more important than the team (both club-wise and internationally.) He's supposed to be captain of both, yet he goes on an all-night boozer and sits making childish and disgraceful hand gestures. As for McGregor, he's is also an over-rated keeper imo, and he's on the front pages more than he's on the back. Craig Gordon is our best keeper, and David Marshall is better than McGregor imo.

Both acted disgracefully and let the whole country down. It's not just me who thinks this either, as the SFA were swamped with complaints about their behaviour. Tommy Docherty (who managed Scotland obviously) said as soon as this happened that if he was manager they'd never play for Scotland again.

As for midfield, Fletcher and Brown make a good partnership and are both better than Ferguson. Eidur Gudjohnsen also said afterwards that we are a better team without Ferguson.

SolskjaertheLegend said:
Ferguson IS OVERRATED!
And Gordon is MUCH BETTER than McGregor!

We'll be fine.
Or then again, you could just say ^ :p.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Anyone who gives a gesture like that from the bench, in plain view of thousands of fans, on live tv, with dozens of photographers around and hoped to get away with it deserves a :fish:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Smith opens door for banned duo

Smith said he wanted to clarify the situation regarding the axed pair

Scottish Football Association chief executive Gordon Smith says Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor could return to the national side.

The Rangers pair were told they would not feature for Scotland again after making V-sign gestures from the bench before April's 2-1 win over Iceland.

But Smith told BBC Scotland that the pair could be recalled if manager George Burley felt it was merited.

"There could be some sort of spirit of reconciliation," he said.

Ferguson, 31, and McGregor, 27, apologised for their actions while on the bench during the World Cup qualifier at Hampden on 1 April.

But the SFA issued a statement following the incident saying that the pair would not be chosen for Scotland duty again.

Smith said the media had wrongly indicated the players had received life bans, and the chief executive was keen to clarify the situation.

"It wasn't a life ban," Smith told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme.

The press came out with the terminology 'life ban'. They're not being chosen at the moment, but that could change.

"Most players only play up to a certain age; they don't play for their whole lives. The statement from the SFA never said a life ban. It said they weren't going to be chosen again.

Smith added: "Another manager in the future could decide to play them. That's the whole point. Now we're being judged to have been too harsh in handing down these bans.

"George Burley gave his approval to the decision that was made."

Burley would need the approval of the SFA board if he wanted to recall the pair, Smith added.

The Scotland chief executive said the SFA was judged to have been "too harsh" in handing down the bans, while Rangers manager Walter Smith was praised for his "strong" response to the matter.

The Rangers manager stripped Ferguson of the captaincy and suspended the midfielder and goalkeeper McGregor for their V-sign gestures.

Ferguson returned to the Rangers side before the end of the season, but the pair, who apologised for their actions, face an uncertain future at Ibrox.

Once a bluenose, always a bluenose, eh Gordon? :fyou: :fyou:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Sets a bad precedent. If you tell players they're gone for life then let them back in what... 2 months later?

It shows you don't stick to your word. People will take advantage of that. He could've just banned them for 6 months.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Probably because he needs them for qualification :cool:
probably...

Lads, can you clear something up for me?
Holland are through to the WC as group winners.
What happens to the 2nd placed team?
I know you are in a smaller group so can you still get a playoff or what?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
All champions go through.

All runners-up (bar the worst runner-up) go into a playoff.
Ah I see. Was gonna ask my next question but it was answered in the link Ive been posting in the Irish thread : 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification - UEFA Play-offs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Results against the 6th placed team in groups DONT count.....
Ireland are still pretty low on that list :eek: It would be an epic sickener to get 2nd and be knocked out before getting to a playoff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts