Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- I'm sick and tired of people's " I love Ronaldo, so I must hate RVN " attitude.

RVN did not slow us down !

RVN was the best goal poacher we've ever had. A fact.

He was unstopabble.

Sure - he did have a bad ending of his last season( an injury had something to do
with it too ) , but as I've said before - it wasn't due to his slow movement, it was
due to our incapability in center of midfiled area which was being run by not so
fast Giggs and even slower Sheasy, thus enableing us of making great chances.

I have already made a post about it and I'm going to copy paste it again.

so - here we go :

- Performances with him in the team were most of the times scincilating,
mesmerising ( especially that season when he first came overhere )just great
displays overall.

I'm saying most of the times because for the last couple of months with him in the
team - we weren't playing as good as we could.

He left - we won a league, people started saying that our incapability to win the
league was most due to Ruud's presence, that he was slowing us down and
stuff, forgeting that we had just lost both of our first choice midfielder
s(scholes,keano and even smith afterwards) so maybe the main reason for our
underperforming was down to lacking a good pair of playmakers.

That's what playmakers are for= Play - making.

So, as I said - he left we won the league and everything was great. But there is a
different side of the story - he ALSO won a league, and was the TOP SCORER of
his league, and overall the best player I think. Furthermore - we won a league
with the fewest number of points any team had won it in 4 years. Does that
mean we would have won it had other teams continued working on the same
standards they had set during the years ? If not - than what the hell Ruud's
departure had to do with us winning it? I mean - if Ruud had gone a year before
our performances of last season would have been forgotten considering we
would have finished 2nd.

With this season almost over and we all agree that our performances haven't
been as good as last season's I must ask you - are we really that good without
Ruud ?

Quality wise - we lack a true goalscorer-predator.

Now i wrote that around 15th oh march I think when we were still struggleing to
find our consistency...so no one can prove me that we don't need ruud - we have
a great counter attacking team , true - but as I said - having a player in Ruud's
mould waiting for his chance when things don't go our way would be perfect imo


...oh and i'd like to add that we haven's changed our style a lot.. we still put
crosses in the box, we still play long balls to rooney and tevez ( who are dwarfs
compared to ruud ) , the difference is that ronaldo replaced ruud - style hasn't
changed - we have had the same style for ages - and again that last couple of
months of us playing poorly with ruud in the team had very little to do with him.

The sad thing is that people remember him ONLY by that last season !
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Great post CROo, I remember the person in the shoutbox
saying that Ruud is not a legend and another person
slagging him off for saying he said his time at Old Trafford
was 'rubbish' (real word he used was a swear word ;)).

What Ruud actually said was that he was going through
a 'rubbish' time towards the end of his United career, not
that his whole time at United was 'rubbish'.

He was, as stated, the best goal poacher we have ever
had. But when he played, we were slightly one dimensional
in the way we attacked. He could play centre forward and
centre forward only, whereas all the forwards we have now
can play anywhere across the forward line making them
interchangeable. What we need now is not another Ruud,
but a player who can play left, right and centre who is a
great finisher and has the pace to keep up with the players
we already have. in my opinion, that player is Benzema.

Ruud van Nistelrooy IS a United legend though, no doubt.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
Sorry, haven't read the whole post; can't be bothered. Not split up. Sorry.

However, I agree that van Nistelrooy is one of the best attackers we have had. Excellent player. And today he has said he would like Ronaldo to join him at Madrid. No hard feelings.

We let van Nistelrooy go at the right time. Our style of play did not suit his penalty box type of game. We moved on when Keane left.

Would love Ruud back though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,167 Posts
I also miss Ruud greatly and have said i still think he is one of our best ever players. I think people forget easily what he did for us. He is in our top 10 goal scorers ever. He deserves respect for that alone.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,511 Posts
RichardsReds said:
I also miss Ruud greatly and have said i still think he is one of our best ever players. I think people forget easily what he did for us. He is in our top 10 goal scorers ever. He deserves respect for that alone.
Not really. (on the best ever players).

Not really that close. We had him in the side to score goals, that is what he did. Like Fergie said, we only brought him in for a short term.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
503 Posts
To me RVN was a great when we had beckham, Since beckham's departure to madrid he lacked scoring goals, But i liked him & respected him for all of his effort's at united
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i would like to add - to say that we were one dimensional just for having such a predator must be ridiculous ... if we ever were one dimesnional that was the last season when ronaldo was on fire . just look at our goalscorers with ruud in the team and with ronaldo in the team. so everyone who says that we're better off, more dangerous, tha we've evolved must back it up with facts . facts i'm not seeing. as i said - still long balls, still crosses, still GOAL POACHER . To me, only the name of that poacher has changed

Dynamite said:
To me RVN was a great when we had beckham, Since beckham's departure to madrid he lacked scoring goals, But i liked him & respected him for all of his effort's at united
huh ? sure he wasn't scoring 44 every season but he certainly didn't lack scoring goals. just to give you example i will tell you that he scored 16 goals in 25 league apparences in his last season for the club - and that season was known as his worst season in united shirt
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
503 Posts
CROoney said:
also i would like to add - to say that we were one dimensional just for having such a predator must be ridiculous ... if we ever were one dimesnional that was the last season when ronaldo was on fire . just look at our goalscorers with ruud in the team and with ronaldo in the team. so everyone who says that we're better off, more dangerous, tha we've evolved must back it up with facts . facts i'm not seeing. as i said - still long balls, still crosses, still GOAL POACHER . To me, only the name of that poacher has changed


huh ? sure he wasn't scoring 44 every season but he certainly didn't lack scoring goals. just to give you example i will tell you that he scored 16 goals in 25 league apparences in his last season for the club - and that season was known as his worst season in united shirt
My point mate that he werent the same when beckham left for madrid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Dynamite said:
My point mate that he werent the same when beckham left for madrid?
... and Ole got injured as well. Don't forget he'd adapted to playing on the right by then and was a good source of supply for Ruud.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
292 Posts
CROoney I completly agree with you, Van Nistelrooy is a legendary striker and was an incredible player for us. You are of course correct that the reason we were not very successful while Ruud was here is because the squad was so small and we were so lacking in central midfield. It is Ruud who kept us going and stopped us collapsing completely during that period. I think we would be a stronger team now if Ruud was still with us.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
503 Posts
kingstreet said:
... and Ole got injured as well. Don't forget he'd adapted to playing on the right by then and was a good source of supply for Ruud.
True but not as good as when beckham was with us, Im not disrespecting rvn in anyway of course he was good?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
All we have to do is go back to one of our highlight dvds and listen. For a very longtime all we heard was " van nistelrooy!" again and again just like this season with ronaldo. Ruud is a legend and one of the most prolific finishers in the world . He has all my respect.
 

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
Joined
·
2,659 Posts
I dont miss RVN one bit....not one bit...Moan at me if you want but its what i think :)

Yes he was good, but i dont miss him!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
I can prove to you we don't need Ruud. We won the Premier League and Champions League Double without him. That is proof and you can't say it's not.

I liked Ruud and he was prolific but through no fault of his own we didn't play with as much style as we do now. Ronaldo has just been as prolific but he has a lot more to his game than Ruud obviously. Can we please stop questioning Ferguson have people not learned by now.
 

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
Joined
·
2,659 Posts
Exactly mate, i was reading some thing about fergie and how he rates different teams...He said when we had RVN the tactics going forward was to get the ball to RVN...Now its Tevez Rooney Ronaldo running all over they could create and amazing partnership bewtween them selves!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
sean2689 said:
Exactly mate, i was reading some thing about fergie and how he rates different teams...He said when we had RVN the tactics going forward was to get the ball to RVN...Now its Tevez Rooney Ronaldo running all over they could create and amazing partnership bewtween them selves!!

Here here Sean we are simply far more mullti dimensional with the forward players we have.With Ruud I feel he was a victim of his own success in many ways. He was so prolific in his first 2 seasons that we became overly dependent o him to some degree.The goals definitely did dry up in the last 2 seasons and together with I feel the more honest team playing of louis saha he lost his place. He wasnt exactly Mr charisma in the dressing room either as according to fergie he had three times asked for a transfer starting a full year before he left.morale and camaraderie are so important to the functioning of the team and ruud by the time he left had simply become a big time charlie who threw his dummy out whenever he was dropped.

Fergie has been absolutely vindicated in letting him go from the subsequent trophies we have won .
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sean2689 said:
I dont miss RVN one bit....not one bit...Moan at me if you want but its what i think :)

Yes he was good, but i dont miss him!
it's your god given right not to miss him as it's mine to miss him :p
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scott 4 evra said:
I can prove to you we don't need Ruud. We won the Premier League and Champions League Double without him. That is proof and you can't say it's not.

I liked Ruud and he was prolific but through no fault of his own we didn't play with as much style as we do now. Ronaldo has just been as prolific but he has a lot more to his game than Ruud obviously. Can we please stop questioning Ferguson have people not learned by now.
i can't believe you didn't take one minute to read my inital post. i've already explained our "different style " since he left. there is no different style. nor will ever be - united have played the same since cantona era - beautifull football with crosses AND occasional long balls .
and back to your proof of us not needing ruud ( i don't know why you brought this up, my post was just to explain ruud's greatness and dellusion about our different style ( just remember games against west ham or pompey or liverpool away when we just kept crossing it in the box without any end product ).
WE ALSO WON THE TREBLE JUST AFTER CANTONA HAD RETIRED - DOES THAT PROVE ANYTHING ? DOES THAT PROVE THAT WE WERE BETTER OFF CANTONA . GREAT PLAYER IS A GREAT PLAYER - YOU CAN'T BE BETTER OFF - YOU CAN BE A BIT DIFFERENT BUT STRIKER IN RUUD'S MOULD WOULD COME HANDY !
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top