Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Does that kind of behaviour surprise anyone? A lot of professional sportsmen act that way, not just in football. Sure it's disrespectful, but if the player is really affecting the team that much, then they should be trying to sell him quickly, not hold out for more money!

Also, I love how this talk always comes out once the player starts playing well! Had Berba not been doing so well, i'm sure Levy wouldn't care much ;)

Tottenham's loss, our gain!

· Registered
57 Posts
You're right, I mean were the tables turned and United were faced with a similar situation, I wouldn't like it at all.

All I'm saying is that

1) What's with the timing of this statement? He really could have come out with this a while back...not that it matters too much

2) Clubs can't be controlled by the demands of players all the time, Ronaldo is a perfect example at the end of last season...but if you as a coach / manager / chairman, feel that the player is disrupting the team morale or anything as drastic as that, then you have to make a decision; either suffer while keeping the player there, or let him go.
It might be argued that he was one of their best players and they didn't want to let him go...it happens in other sports (Terrel Owens in the NFL?!), teams just need to decide if they're willing to sacrifice team morale just to hold on to one player.

· Registered
57 Posts
haha don't worry, I didn't think you were having a go at me...just to clear that up :D

you might be right though, it might have been said earlier and just published now.
I'm just glad he's on our side for now...playing some excellent football!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.