Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Next year we must go for the champions league!!! :mf_tongue:
You don't have a team (nor a coach) to win the CL and you know it...

Still.... in Porto nothing is impossible!
Yeah, well, let's not discuss past "merits", then...

And seeing as the only competition is us, and we all know how great we performed this year, I honestly think you should think about next year, because we don't give freebies twice.

BTW, :rofl: at benfica wasting €30m for a beer cup. :rofl:

·
Registered
39 Posts
You don't have a team (nor a coach) to win the CL and you know it...

Yeah, well, let's not discuss past "merits", then...

And seeing as the only competition is us, and we all know how great we performed this year, I honestly think you should think about next year, because we don't give freebies twice.

BTW, :rofl: at benfica wasting €30m for a beer cup. :rofl:
Next year will be hard. But i think we can manage to get the title.
And yes, we have twam to win the champions! :first:

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
exactly. :whistling:

Next year will be hard. But i think we can manage to get the title.
And yes, we have twam to win the champions! :first:
No, you don't. Look at the teams that made it to the semis. You couldn't get past any of them. Maybe arsenal, with a LOT of luck, but even then, I doubt it.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Benfica spent €30m this season to win just the carlsberg cup, a small trophy! :D
€30m? I only really followed Suazo & Reyes transfers to Benfica although I didn't know the price of either.

Who else did the buy to spend €30m? To be fair Reyes & Suazo are top class players.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
€30m? I only really followed Suazo & Reyes transfers to Benfica although I didn't know the price of either.

Who else did the buy to spend €30m? To be fair Reyes & Suazo are top class players.
Those two, plus I think they had to pay for Cardozo, plus Aimar and a few others.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
And it's over...

Leixões 1-0 Marítimo
V. Guimarães 3-2 Académica
Rio Ave 2-1 E. Amadora
Naval 2-2 V. Setúbal
Benfica 3-1 Belenenses
P. Ferreira 1-0 Trofense
Sporting 3-1 Nacional
F.C. Porto 1-1 Sp. Braga

1. FC Porto 70 30
2. Sporting 66 30
3. Benfica 59 30
4. Nacional 52 30
5. Sp. Braga 50 30
6. Leixões 45 30
7. Académica 39 30
8. V. Guimarães 38 30
9. Marítimo 37 30
10. P. Ferreira 34 30
11. E. Amadora 34 30
12. Rio Ave 30 30
13. Naval 29 30
14. V. Setúbal 26 30
15. Belenenses 24 30
16. Trofense 23 30

Next season, Belenenses and Frofense will play in the 2nd league, while Olhanense and Leiria return to the top. A special note to Olhanense, who've put the Algarve back on the 1st league after quite a few years without a proper southern club, and, of course, for beeing a sponsor club of Sporting ;)

On a sadder note (not), boavista were relegated to the 2nd division B, along with their good corrupt friends gondomar, and hopefully, they'll keep on going down. It's just a shame the top dog of corruption remains untouched...:fyou::fyou:

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Those two, plus I think they had to pay for Cardozo, plus Aimar and a few others.
Im guessing the four mentioned didn't live up to the expectations huh?, well I have heard good things about cardozo, but to be honest Aimar, Reyes and maybe to a lesser extent Suazo are becoming a shadow of their former selfs.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Im guessing the four mentioned didn't live up to the expectations huh?, well I have heard good things about cardozo, but to be honest Aimar, Reyes and maybe to a lesser extent Suazo are becoming a shadow of their former selfs.
No, actually, it's benfica that are a shadow of their former selves. Not that I care much, mind you...

They're the liverpool of Portugal, next year is their year, but unlike the scousers, these guys buy new players and get new managers every year, and keep on failing.

so cheers to them, keep up the mediocre job ;)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts