Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking after reading the prediction league thread. How about a post of the month competition. A thread is made to nominate the post of the month. This thread stays there for the month and if one of us including an Admin member thinks the post is really good in some way they can nominate it to win. The winner gets 200 Vcash lets say. Leave it in the Pub section for example. If there is a draw split the money. All helps. Any suggestions to improve it PLEASE mention! Then it can be put forward!

EXAMPLE

Post of the month Thread ... September
Copy that post that you have nominated and submit.
At the end of the month, you'll probably have a winner
You can say why you have if you want - that you have nominated the post.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
im guessing out of the nomiations, a mod could make a poll with the options, leave it open for a certain amount of time then the post at the end with the most votes wins

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
im guessing out of the nomiations, a mod could make a poll with the options, leave it open for a certain amount of time then the post at the end with the most votes wins
I was thinking this too actually - if there are many, many posts though this may be hard to do because 10 is most you can have in poll. Maybe we ask the boss man what he thinks.....

Good idea though I think. With a prize too.....and then we have nice collection of good posts.........to look back on :)

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I was thinking this too actually - if there are many, many posts though this may be hard to do because 10 is most you can have in poll. Maybe we ask the boss man what he thinks.....
ok then, if theres 14 posts nominated.......make 2 different polls with 7 posts in each.

Then leave them open for like a week, then take the top 3 posts from each poll and put them into a new one to find an outright winner. Or is that too much work? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - Everyone can nominate
2 - For whatever reason - Funny, good point ect!
3 - Not aloud to nominate yourself
4 - Not aloud to influence others to nominate your post
5 - 10 votes wins or if not 10 closest one to it. If more - all the better.
6 - In case of a draw - a voting poll is set up for a week to decide the winner
7 - If still a draw - Prize Vcash is then spilt.

·
Registered
987 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I was asking him a serious question you know - I am interested in how he wants to make this work..........why do you laugh at this huh :confused:
i wasn't laughing off the idea sorry---why would i even do dat --- i dont do dat

i was laughing cy=uz i was thinking of my posts you know like all my posts :D

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I'll see if big boss man like this idea too.........see what he thinks we should do ........if he say no then we hold a coup and we overthrow him and do it ourselves ok :p :p

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SeanUnited said:
Could be a good idea, people get rewarded for making well thought-out posts :)

Good think man! I like it!;)

Jazz 16 said:
Fantastic idea! Could add an extra dimension to an already wonderful forum.

Another one agrees with the idea :D

thats it, take the bait:D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Anderson's God said:
1 - Everyone can nominate
2 - For whatever reason - Funny, good point ect!
3 - Not aloud to nominate yourself
4 - Not aloud to influence others to nominate your post
5 - 10 votes wins or if not 10 closest one to it. If more - all the better.
6 - In case of a draw - a voting poll is set up for a week to decide the winner
7 - If still a draw - Prize Vcash is then spilt.
That means Carly will never win. Hahaha :p

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Anderson's God said:
I was just thinking after reading the prediction league thread. How about a post of the month competition. A thread is made to nominate the post of the month. This thread stays there for the month and if one of us including an Admin member thinks the post is really good in some way they can nominate it to win. The winner gets 200 Vcash lets say. Leave it in the Pub section for example. If there is a draw split the money. All helps. Any suggestions to improve it PLEASE mention! Then it can be put forward!

EXAMPLE

Post of the month Thread ... September
Copy that post that you have nominated and submit.
At the end of the month, you'll probably have a winner
You can say why you have if you want - that you have nominated the post.
As most of your threads in here are cut and pastes that leave either Carly or me the winner each month!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Red Devil said:
As most of your threads in here are cut and pastes that leave either Carly or me the winner each month!!
A wee bit presumptuous there perhaps? There are others on this forum as well.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
good idea ! the only thing that keeps me away from putting good threads is alot of the answers and comments are way to generalized, especially when the thread is more thought provoking or difficult!

like who and why and because are usually left out ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts