Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have signed Berbatov and loaned out Campbell.

Lets hear it lads , new formation ? who would you bench ? What formation ? 4-3-3 perhaps ?

Currently : With Ronaldo Injured AND Giggs injured

VDS

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Haregreaves Anderson Carrick

Rooney Tevez

Berbatov​

Full Fitness : Everyone available

VDS

Neville/Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Carrick/Haregreaves Anderson/Scholes Nani/Giggs

Rooney/Tevez Berbatov​

* I would rather play Rooney+Tevez for fast flowing attacking style of play.

* Rooney is STILL a key part of our attack

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
FB, I actually love your first line-up. :D

But who would we be relying on to provide width? wazza and tev?

I don't believe it is in their natures to play wide consistently. BUT there is no doubt they can, they are both wonderful on the ball, great crossers and passers....

We still have park and nani to bring in for additional width...and hargo has proven he can play wide as well.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine Rooney Tevez and Ronaldo in a free role behind Berbs.Anderson. Nani, Giggs and Park can fill in where need be. 4-2-3-1 sounds about right. I'd put Rooney just behind Berbatov though with ronaldo on the right and tevez as a left wide forward. Although things change during the anyway. Tevez should not be on the bench right now. He's looked like our best player so far.

More Ideas :

------------------------------------Berba

----------------------------Rooney-------Tevez--------------

-Giggs/Nani------------Ando/Harg/Carrick/Scholes-----------Ron/Park

---Evra/Fabio-----------Rio----------Vida---------------Brown/Gaz/Rafael

The attacking potential is immense and thats what we require

Defensive : (very)

Berba
Park Scholes Carrick Giggs
Evra Rio Vida Brown

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
From futbol ''Tevez should not be on the bench right now. He's looked like our best player so far."

Absolutely...

If anyone sees the bench, it will be wazza...he seems a little disinterested right now. Is he ****ed about the cr saga?

I wonder....

·
23,699 Posts
futbol said:

VDS

Rooney Tevez

Berbatov​

Full Fitness : Everyone available

VDS

Neville/Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Carrick/Haregreaves Anderson/Scholes Nani/Giggs

Rooney/Tevez Berbatov​

* I would rather play Rooney+Tevez for fast flowing attacking style of play.

* Rooney is STILL a key part of our attack

Thoughts?[/I]​
I was just thinking of starting a new thread on our new attacking options while buying lunch and you beat me to it...

Hargreaves is injured and God knows when he will return.

I don't think after all the troubles and drama to get Berbatov at 30.75m, I doubt he will be on the bench much, in addition to our current toothless performance upfront. With our MOTM elect, Tevez, in such red-hot form and with such impact, it is actually Rooney that is a question mark, no matter how unthinkable the idea is.:eek:

Will come back later perhaps. Let me take my lunch first. :D

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I do feel that Tevez has more impact coming off the bench than Rooney. What do you think ?

·
23,699 Posts
futbol said:
But I do feel that Tevez has more impact coming off the bench than Rooney. What do you think ?
Heaven forbids!! Remember the thunder and lightning that it may attract to bench our MOTM? :D

I thought Rooney may really need a break and may have more impact coming off the bench than Tevez instead. Lol.

Pretty interesting and tricky now with Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney and hopefully Manucho soon. Suddenly, we do look a bit embarrassed with our options on hand.... assuming Berbatov does really give us something different of course. :rolleyes: ;)

P.S. Fish noodle for lunch. Not that great as compared to the usual store I frequent that is closed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
as i sit and try to figure it out, i come up with the players i want to start with the defensive line-up easy, so following players i really want in the lineup is : berba,rooney,tevez,ron,nani and anderson. Which gives me

vds
brown-vidic-rio-evra
ron-anderson-nani
tevez-rooney
berba

this seems f-up. but this is the most attacking lineup we can get imo. but i bet carrick and scholes still will be in th eline-up so idontknow really.

·
23,699 Posts
Andreas_svan said:
as i sit and try to figure it out, i come up with the players i want to start with the defensive line-up easy, so following players i really want in the lineup is : berba,rooney,tevez,ron,nani and anderson. Which gives me

vds
brown-vidic-rio-evra
ron-anderson-nani
tevez-rooney
berba

this seems f-up. but this is the most attacking lineup we can get imo. but i bet carrick and scholes still will be in th eline-up so idontknow really.
Not at all mate. It only shows that we have all the players we need. The rest is really up to the delicate formation and performance on the pitch.

The formation would be most contentious and difficult. :eek:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Here's what I think:

Playing Rooney and Tevez upfront will only work, if Ronaldo is fit. Without Ronaldo there is not enough cutting edge and pace.

Line-Up Nr. 1

Rooney - Tevez

Nani - Anderson - Carrick - Ronaldo

Evra - Ferdinand - Vidic - Brown

VDS

However, Berbatov wasn't bought at 30 million pounds to be a sub, so just use the same line-up and exchange Tevez with Berba:

Rooney - Berbatov

Nani - Anderson - Carrick - Ronaldo

VDS

In case we need a more defensive set-up, we can play Hargreaves in a 4-5-1 formation without Nani:

Line-Up Nr. 2

Berbatov

Rooney---------------------------Ronaldo

Anderson------------Carrick

Hargreaves

VDS​

However, my ultimate dream set up would be 4-3-3 with Rooney, Tevez, berbatov and Ronaldo:

Line-Up Nr. 3

Rooney - Berbatov - Tevez

Anderson - Carrick - Ronaldo

VDS

Please allow me to clarify that while Line-up number 3 would be the ultimate way to get Rooney, Tevez, berbatov and Ronaldo in one line-up, I personally htink a traditional 4-4-2 set-up would be best, so I would go with
Line-Up Nr. 1
and omit either Tevez or Rooney, whoever isn't fit.

It's painful, but I think it would result in a more balanced line-up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
vds
brown vidic ferdinand evra
scholes carrick
ronaldo rooney tevez
berbatov

scholes and carrick to hold the midfield, while ronaldo, rooney and tevez enjoying free roles around berbatov, the main striker

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
not a bad team that without ronaldo

VDS

Rooney Tevez

Berbatov

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
There's loads of possible formations, and some suit different games more than others, so I'm just gonna go with our average home game formation:

This is what I'd Like:

--------------------------------------VDS---------------------------------------

---Hargreaves------------Rio--------------Vidic---------------------Evra---

--------------------------Carrick------------Scholes--------------------------

---------Ronaldo-----------------Rooney--------------------Tevez---------

-----------------------------------Berbatov-----------------------------------

Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez all have free roles, and now that we have Berbatov Rooney and Tevez can drop deep to help the midfield.

Carrick and Scholes are 2 deep CM's who can use there positional sense to whipe up any danger.

Hargreaves and Evra are our 2 best attacking fullbacks and could provide our width brilliantly.

I don't think we'll play all 4 attacking players though. We'd need atleast 1 to be an 'option' on the bench.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
TheManc said:
There's loads of possible formations, and some suit different games more than others, so I'm just gonna go with our average home game formation:

This is what I'd Like:

--------------------------------------VDS---------------------------------------

---Hargreaves------------Rio--------------Vidic---------------------Evra---

--------------------------Carrick------------Scholes--------------------------

---------Ronaldo-----------------Rooney--------------------Tevez---------

-----------------------------------Berbatov-----------------------------------

Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez all have free roles, and now that we have Berbatov Rooney and Tevez can drop deep to help the midfield.

Carrick and Scholes are 2 deep CM's who can use there positional sense to whipe up any danger.

Hargreaves and Evra are our 2 best attacking fullbacks and could provide our width brilliantly.

I don't think we'll play all 4 attacking players though. We'd need atleast 1 to be an 'option' on the bench.
im loving that formation my biggest worry was what we are gunna do with our fantastic midfielders but youve just solved it in one
but looking at our attacking options with a fully fit team is pretty damn good aint it
it gets me a little exsited infact i just think a little bit of pee came out :p
id hate to think what the teams we are aginst feel

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just think what our first choice 18 will be now!
Van Der Sar
Foster
Brown
Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
O'Shea
Scholes
Hargreaves
Carrick
Anderson
Giggs
Nani
Rooney
Ronaldo
Tevez
Berbatov

·
Banned
292 Posts
This would be my preferred line-up when everyone is fit and available:

----------------------------------Tevez---Berbatov

--------------------Anderson-------------------------Ronaldo

---------------------------------Carrick---Scholes

-------------------------Evra-------------------------Brown

---------------------------------Ferdinand--Vidic

----------------------------------Van-Der-Sar

The reason for this line-up is that I do not have total confidence in a flat 4-4-2 formation with only two central midfielders, with so many teams playing 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 I think we could be outnumbered in midfield in many matches. Anderson is left footed and is natural on the left, but he could move more into the centre of the pitch during matches and make it easier for us to retain posession, with Evra playing like a winger down the left as always. I have faith in Rooney's talent and ability but he needs to improve his fitness and sharpness to warrant a place in our team now, with Berbatov now at our club Rooney will have to improve his performances and will not be a guaranteed choice.

I am not totally convinced with Nani yet, his performances are very up and down from one week to the next so I don't think he is a first choice player yet. Many here consider Ryan Giggs as the fourth choice wide player now but he could perform a similar role to Anderson coming into the centre from the left side in matches, he does not have the pace that he had obviously but he is still a very clever player and can spot a great pass that no-one else will see. I think it is important that we have 3 central midfielders on the pitch, Anderson and Giggs can both perform this role starting on the left hand side but moving more into the centre of the pitch with Evra providing the width down the left.

·
Registered
310 Posts
As the saying goes, "Competition breeds success!"
Players having to be at there best to make the team can only point towards a bright future!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts