Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts
No it's all but proved that you don't have a f**king clue when it comes to judging players' ability.
Yeah, sure. Gazza outstanding PL player.

You're not in my league sorry. Very few on here can debate with me, you're just not one of them. I'll file you with the rest that try, but just end up embarrassing themselves. See also: TheManc, Flash, MikeyM.

Yeah, sure. Gazza outstanding PL player.

You're not in my league sorry. Very few on here can debate with me, you're just not one of them. I'll file you with the rest that try, but just end up embarrassing themselves. See also: TheManc, Flash, MikeyM.
You only embarrass yourself when you claim Van Persie isn't world class which is the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum.

I'm not in your league? Don't think you're in a superior league to people because you're not, you don't have a clue, especially when it comes to judging the ability of players.

You only embarrass yourself when you claim Van Persie isn't world class which is the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum.

I'm not in your league? Don't think you're in a superior league to people because you're not, you don't have a clue, especially when it comes to judging the ability of players.
You might have had something about you, but then you had those shockers in the Vidic thread and draft game. And of course your breakdown when you didn't win.

I can't rate your opinions because you don't give any. You just sit on the fence then jump in after a few people. Reminds me of maco, but at least he's slightly useful.

Yeah, the good ol' PFA. It's not like they're retarded or anything like that.

Walker is a big ****** in the wrong body. He sounds like a girl.
Can't have it both ways. If the Walker decision is retarded I can claim the same for RVP's award.

Best, most impressive young player in the whole league. Hopefully Rafael is still in tears now.

His records are second to none and proves that he is a phenomenon ,but at same time he is under huge pressure in
In Argentina cos the majority of their fans and pundits don't gives a s***t how good he is for Barca in Spain and CL. They want from him to lead the International squad to the WC trophy or even to reach a WC final .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/27/lionel-messi-argentina
fill sorry for the lad
Being labelled the natural successor to the second greatest player of all time is a burden indeed. But Messi definitely has the ability to match Diego. He really needs that defining tournament (such as Diego had in 86) to lead Argentina to victory almost singlehanded.

The battle between him and Ronaldo is football's Nadal V Federer - two insanely talented players who had they avoided each other, would have dominated their eras by miles. Sadly for Ronaldo, even his brilliant talents cannot match Messi - who is so good sometimes it's a joke.

To be honest though, I enjoy watching Ronaldo more because he's more spectacular.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
In case you didn't know it, he has done it, breaking Muller's record of 85 goals in a calendar year with 3 more games to spare before the turn of the year. He scored all the 2 goals that helped to beat Real Betis 2-1 which makes you wonder at times how are Barca going to cope without him, going by his huge percentage of total goals scored.

But there may yet be a twist....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-goals-this-year-to-break-record-8411530.html

Lionel Messi has been lauded across the world this week after his brace against Real Betis saw him overtake Gerd Muller's 40-year-old record for the most goals scored in a calendar year.

The Argentine's tally for the year was taken to 86, one more than the 85 scored by Muller in 1972.

However, according to the Zambian FA, the record was never Muller's to be broken, but was rather Kabwe Warriors striker Godfrey Chitalu who scored 107 goals, also in 1972.

The five-time Zambian player of the year's feat was never officially recognised by Fifa, and the Zambian FA is launching a bid to have his goals officially recorded.

Should they be successful, it would mean Barcelona forward Messi needs another 22 goals before the end of the year. With just three games to do it in, even for arguably the most gifted player of all time, it might prove a struggle.

"We have this record, which has been recorded in Zambian football, but unfortunately it has not been recorded in world football," said a Zambia FA spokesperson. "Even as the world has been looking at Lionel Messi's record, breaking Gerd Müller's, the debate and discussion back here has been why Godfrey's goals are not being recognised.

"What we are doing is, we have commissioned an independent team locally to go back into the archives and record minute-by-minute each of those goals. The team that we have put together is going to calculate all of those goals, recording whichever game or tournament they were scored in.

"We will then send that to CAF [Confederation of African Football] and Fifa so that we can show that, while Messi's record is there, while Müller's record is there, the actual record holder in terms of goals per calendar year is actually an African. It's actually Godfrey Chitalu."

Chitalu scored the goals across at least four domestic competitions as well as appearing for the national side. He went on to become the national coach of Zambia before he died in 1993 when a plane carrying the team crashed.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.