Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well??

Anyone know whats its actually all about?

All I know is that Ireland :)o), are the only ones to have said "no" and therefore
the EU can't proceed until a decision is reached.

Anyone got views or avdice on the issue?

S

·
0 Posts
From what i can gather the Lisbon Treaty was a proposal
that all European countries swap shoes with their nearest
neighbours every friday. ie France with Belguim etc.

This was voted against by Ireland as Friday was unacceptable
and they prefered swapping on the monday after they had chance
for shoes to air out after the weekend.

This has lead to total confusion throughout Europe as Holland
had passed on their clogs to Germany, Germany had passed on their
jackboots to France and so forth untill the exchange reached
Ireland where they said a resounding NO. Leaving the Dutch
barefoot and sore.

The European Union has now call upon NATO to invade Ireland
every friday to confiscate all left shoes and on Mondays to confiscate
all right shoes.

My view is that it's the only sensible solution to the problem.

My advice...dont buy any new shoes in the next month or
so untill this matter is resolved.

·
Banned
503 Posts
Lets hope this saves Britain's sovereignty, Im all against the EU Treaty & all i can say is thank you ireland for giving us hope

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
good on the paddies . screw europe for handouts for decades and then when they finally see the well running dry they stick two fingers up to the whole shebang . us dumb brits have been subsidising most of europe for over 35 years now and do they love us for it ?

nil points !!!! lets stop bailing johhny foriegner out with millions each year pronto .

they will still hate us but at least we wont be paying them to hate us .

we saved the necks from hitlers jackboot by laying down hundreds of thousands of lives but does johhny frenchman pat us on the back ? no he blocks the ports burns our lambs and refuses to give directions if we are lost . concrete the tunnel up and tow the u.k to the east coast of the usa sharpish . the 51st state sounds good to me . american petrol prices and cheaper big macs for all vote haggs and it will be so ---- damn as a parting gift to europe we can give them the contract to build the tug-boats

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I still cannot believe Gordo did not let you lot vote on the treaty, what a bare faced liar!

And as for those arrogant european bureaucrats, SCREW THEM!

NO intelligent person can understand the treaty and yet they expected us to say yes to it.

Well done People of Ireland, I am proud to be Irish!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
I still cannot believe Gordo did not let you lot vote on the treaty, what a bare faced liar!

And as for those arrogant european beuracrats, SCREW THEM!

NO intelligent person can understand the treaty and yet they expected us to say yes to it.

Well done People of Ireland, I am proud to be Irish!
The UK didnt have to have a vote cos its not essential to their constitution (technically the UK dont have a constitution) Ireland has one of the most modern constitutions in the world, its an excellent to have that kind of power!

I'm glad we said no (I voted no!) I dont want our neutrality in jeopardy nor do I want sick things like abortion to be legal in my country.. the arguments for the treaty weren't good enough, the campaign the government ran was a farce and I'm glad it lost!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
eoininho said:
The UK didnt have to have a vote cos its not essential to their constitution (technically the UK dont have a constitution) Ireland has one of the most modern constitutions in the world, its an excellent to have that kind of power!

I'm glad we said no (I voted no!) I dont want our neutrality in jeopardy nor do I want sick things like abortion to be legal in my country.. the arguments for the treaty weren't good enough, the campaign the government ran was a farce and I'm glad it lost!
Yeah, I know that. However, Gordon still promised them a vote!

Our government is unbelievably arrogant, they just expected us to vote yes because they told us to! :rolleyes:

I am delighted with the result.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Are you guys talking about the Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:
Most boring topic ever.
I wasnt arsed voting ( I always do) cos they werent arsed explaining
to the public wtf it was about.
hence the No vote came about.....

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Are you guys talking about the Lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:
Most boring topic ever.
I wasnt arsed voting ( I always do) cos they werent arsed explaining
to the public wtf it was about.
hence the No vote came about.....
Does that constitute bad language? :rolleyes:

Anyway, you should have voted No!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Does that constitute bad language? :rolleyes:

Anyway, you should have voted No!
That's rich coming from you bitch ;)

and you cant tell me I should have voted No.:rolleyes:
fyi I was going to vote yes at first but was then undecided and therefore
decided to spoil my vote.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
That's rich coming from you bitch ;)

and you cant tell me I should have voted No.:rolleyes:
fyi I was going to vote yes at first but was then undecided and therefore
decided to spoil my vote.
lol, I just don`t understand the rules here anymore, if I said that in the shoutbox zuco would warn me :rolleyes:

Why were you going to vote yes?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Our government is unbelievably arrogant, they just expected us to vote yes because they told us to! :rolleyes:

I am delighted with the result.
im with you, their campaign was a joke, 'vote yes it'll be good for you and Europe'...

just cos they said it was ok doesnt give me any confidence... they're hardly going to go against europe!

my neighbour is a TD and he voted no, he reckon at least 1/3 of the politicians also voted no!!!

the campaign should have gone through in detail what will change.. what will be good and what will be bad.. weigh up your options and make your decision.. not just vote YES with no explanation! Delighted, and I did vote no!

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Alright Paddies.

Usually the rest of Europe ignores your existence but now Europe will be
on tenterhooks watching you so make sure you enjoy the attention.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The country gets a shitload of money from europe over the last few decades but then suddenly europe is bad once they want summat back. The no campaign are a bunch of knobheeads who think we'll believe that the minimum wage will go down to €1.84 if we vote no. Also a load of people will vote no just to have a go at ther government, the government a lot of em probably voted in even after finding out that they were a bunch of corrupt cnuts. Overall most people are idiots.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
I think it's pretty straight forward myself...
In order for the EU to grow and enable it's members to work better with each other, and provide better governing for it's citizens, a new treaty needs to be ratified, since the current sets we have are over a decade old and severily limiting.

EUROPA - Treaty of Lisbon - The Treaty at a glance

For our irish members that want to be better informed on what they're gonna vote on next Friday, here's a helpful site:

The Lisbon Treaty, Lisbon Treaty 2009,The Lisbon Treaty Referendum Commission Official Site

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This one.

don't you find it curious that you're asking a foreigner about a referendum in your country...? ;)
I'm living in England now so haven't really heard much about it.
I was intending to go home to vote. Not sure if I can go home this Friday though. I was hoping it was next week so I could nip home.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Europe

The votes have been cast, by tomorrow evening we should know if the Treaty
of Lisbon will come into force. The process for Tony Blair to become the first
"President" of Europe is already on its way and it seems that we have made
another step towards Federal Europe. My distrust of America is quite well
documented so I won't go on but I think that Europe is the future for all of us,
the English can keep their patriotism and national pride but the fact of the matter
is that Europe is in our best interests. The other day I heard someone on Question
Time question our "special" relationship with America, stating that America's true
special relationship could be with Israel, Japan and a host of other countries.

Obama's rhetoric is pleasing on the ears but we should be regarding America as
a sinking ship, the future is Bruxelles.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts