Manchester United Talk banner

Liverfool close on Dossena - Who?..... Exactly!

1K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  dlan4327 
#1 ·
Italians concede left-back is on his way to Anfield
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3602798,00.html

Udinese coach Pasquale Marino has conceded Liverpool are closing in on the signing of left-back Andrea Dossena.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has earmarked both full-back positions as being areas of his squad he wants to improve and has already brought in a new right-sided defender in the form of Philipp Degen.

And it now looks as though a left-back could also be on his way to Anfield, with an £8million bid reportedly having been lodged for Dossena.

Marino has confirmed that discussions are running smoothly and that the 26-year-old is keen on a switch to the Premier League.

"I think that a deal with Liverpool for Dossena is on the way," Marino told Italian station Radio Kiss Kiss.

"Everything is going smoothly. The requirements are in place and the player has given his consent because he wants to test himself at an important club after the season he has had.

"Our director general was in England partly because of that just two days ago."

- Garreth Barry, Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena. Next season could REALLY be Liverpool's season!

See less See more
#9 ·
What Liverpoo need to do is replace there average mediocer players with quality players...degan, barry, dossena as far as I have heard from people or watched aren't really that much better than their current crop of players...maybe they will be awsome buys like agger was for them or vidic was for us but we must wait and see...but none of them have experience in CL so that will be interesting to see how they go

#17 ·
Yeah, yeah. I'm beginning to think that players who learn their trade in Serie A have the most trouble adapting.

Players going from La liga to the Premiership & vice versa seem to adjust better.
Yeah, pace-wise la Liga is faster than Serie A and the decision-making has to happen quicker.

It looks like we can laugh now :rofl:

Oh we are laughing.... :)

#19 ·
Considering he scored against us at Old Trafford, I'd venture a guess that the Liverpool fans are laughing much harder than you RFR.
Considering he's shit, a complete failure of a signing who cost something like £7m and never plays for them. He scored - in terms of the title race - a meaningless goal (please don't come back to bite me goal difference!) nah, pretty sure RFR and many other Utd fans are laughing more.

G
#20 ·
Considering he's shit, a complete failure of a signing who cost something like £7m and never plays for them. He scored - in terms of the title race - a meaningless goal (please don't come back to bite me goal difference!) nah, pretty sure RFR and many other Utd fans are laughing more.
Do you remember Evra's first season? He played even less than Dossena and was considered a failure. Now look at him.

I can just imagine how a conversation would go.

United fan: "That Dossena lad is shit, what a flop!"

Scouser: "He scored against you lot :rofl: "

United fan: "Ermm...well...yeah...:( "

#21 ·
Do you remember Evra's first season? He played even less than Dossena and was considered a failure. Now look at him.

So every player who scores against us is quality?

#23 ·

Maybe because Patrice Evra was signed in mid season?! :rolleyes::whistling:

How about the following conversation:

United fan: "Ermm...well...yeah... but what else has he done this season and is he worth 6mil?
He's not even as good as Leighton Baines, is he?

Scouser: "Ermm...well...yeah...:( "

G
#26 ·
translates to - I don't have a good response.
The proper translation is as follows:

I've never treated you with disrespect so I think your reply of "Duh" was uncalled for and offensive. It's how I expect five year olds to argue in the school playground and to be honest I've come to expect better from you. Posts of said nature make me not want to waste my time replying to them because to be perfectly honest the author is usually not worthy of the time it would take me to reply. The only reason I've written this much is because this seems out of character for you. I hope you've got it out of your system and we can go back to debating respectfully instead of implying that the other person in stupid by means of one syllabled insults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.