Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eek

Liverpool won tonight Besiktas just 8-0 in the best Europian league:eek:
So I am asking myself a simple question.WTF do they eat??
and i was thinking that they are in bad shap,and they won one europien club,just like that......

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Don't worry about it, the Liddypuddle fans will tell you that they "are back" but this result was against one of the worst teams to have qualified for the group stages EVER!

The result means nothing except something in the record books, for what it was worth, 1-0 would have sufficed.

Liverpool are not out of the brown stuff yet, they have just extended their lifeline slightly.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i've sky + all the games tonight i was gonna watch them tomorrow, cheers for telling me the score, i do like watching the bindippers get beat so now i know they won 8-0 i can just fast forward it :0)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Haha. My mate is such a hardcore Livershite fan, it's going to be hard to not bite the next time he mentions the 'record breaking feat'. I don't really care, they are still boring and Gerrard is still overhyped. They are still not in poll position to qualify from their group yet anyhow.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The funny thing is that Liverpool may not quality for the knockout stages even though they won 8-0! This is defo a one off, Liverpool will be thinking that they are the dogs bollocks now. But i'm not to worried about this result, I couldnt care less TBH.

They still have too hard games to come against Marsielle and Porto and they need to win both and Porto need to win against Liverpool next so this result means sweet FA.

Its the one good time they have played this season, Liverpool have no consisteny!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Fair play to Liverpool winning 8 nil, albeit against a dreadful Besiktas performance....
However as RD pointed out it has only extended their lifeline...
It will be even more sweet now when they don't get through.....but if they do get through it will show magnificent belief and inner strength and they will have to be one of the top favourites in that case...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Of course i have my opinion of the effect this result might have on the team, but im curious to know what you Man Utd fans make of this result?

Do you think its a fluke? Is Turkish football just shit? Is this what will kickstart Liverpools season?

Interesting to hear what the rival fans make off this, so speak up

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think why couldn't you beat them 2 weeks before as they are shockingly bad, also why do liverpool fans think they have won the champions league again when they might end up in the uefa cup?

·
Registered
788 Posts
The funny thing is that Liverpool may not quality for the knockout stages even though they won 8-0! This is defo a one off, Liverpool will be thinking that they are the dogs bollocks now. But i'm not to worried about this result, I couldnt care less TBH.

They still have too hard games to come against Marsielle and Porto and they need to win both and Porto need to win against Liverpool next so this result means sweet FA.

Its the one good game apart from derby they have played this season, Liverpool have no consisteny

I think it will bring Liverpool much needed confidence but question is can they continue this into the next few games? I dont think they will!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
yes turkish football is shit. yes it was a good result. but to be honest, what result would you prefere, roma 7-1 in the knock outs or besiktas 8-0 in the group stage. im sure it will give you some confidance but knowing liverpool itll be another 0-0 or 1-1 come the weekend

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Turkey is a hard place to got to and get a result all the same....

Crouch was immense on tuesday...

He got on every ball hit up to him, he headed balls down to Voronin, he tormented the back four of Besiktas and imho he ws the difference....
He got you going and set the tone of the match....

Also the advantage of playing in Anfield and the dreadful performance of the Turks helped...

1.I don't think Kuyt is good enough for Liverpool.....

Considering you had Owen who is far better imho.....Kuyt would be good enough for teams like Blackburn and Portsmouth but not Liverpool

2.Squad rotating will get you nowhere in the league, which was proven last season and is also sarting to prove this season...

3. Don't take Gerard off when he's playing the football of his life and practically running the team on his own....
Let Mascherano play and pass the ball aswell as tackling and marking...

4. Find your best team and stick to it, barring injuries, especially in the big games....

5. Do not underestimate teams, United I feel have done this in the past, I don't know if it's arrogance or what, but on any given day any team can beat you, so field a strong side always...

These are just a few of my views which I think would improve Liverpool F>C>

Don't tell Benitez...lol..

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I watched the game, lots of goals but they didn't look like a completely great side or anything. Some of the goals were very scrappy. Just a lucky night imo.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It was a good result but the Turks were absolute rubbish last night and froze at Anfield. Not sure if it will kick start your season though. Qualifying to the next stage will still be very tough. Porto winning was a bad result for you guys. Its always nice for your team to win 8-0 so well done on that front but I still think its too late. I think you will be waiting a while longer for the league also. Theres always next year eh....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Red Devil said:
Don't worry about it, the Liddypuddle fans will tell you that they "are back" but this result was against one of the worst teams to have qualified for the group stages EVER!

The result means nothing except something in the record books, for what it was worth, 1-0 would have sufficed.

Liverpool are not out of the brown stuff yet, they have just extended their lifeline slightly.

Very true. It was like when they beat Derby by 6 or 7 earlier on this season, and suddendly they was talk about them becoming Premiership Champions :p
Give me a break. 8-0 was decent and it should get them into the Uefa Cup :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
besiktas...who are they?:)...we beat 7-1 with Roma...who finished second in Italy...not Turkey..so..don't give a damn about their result....

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
You beat the worst team in the history of the CL to qualify; read nothing into it. If you compare it to our thrashing of Roma last season, you can see the difference.

I have merged this thread with "eek" - both on same subject.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Fair play to Liverpool winning 8 nil, albeit against a dreadful Besiktas performance....
However as RD pointed out it has only extended their lifeline...
It will be even more sweet now when they don't get through.....but if they do get through it will show magnificent belief and inner strength and they will have to be one of the top favourites in that case...
newcastle was in a worst senario a few years back after 3 games they had no points and qualified

1 - 20 of 29 Posts