Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come from a small town in Ireland which is heavily populated with Liverpool fans. Given the start to the league that they have had I was expecting to hear the usual amount of c**p from them that they usually talk. They seem to think they will be contending for the PL every year before the season starts. But even though they are on top of the league, most of the games played without Torres, any of them I talk to are convinced they wont last the distance. To be honest I dont really believe they will stick it out either, but why do you think they have no faith... or confidence

Z

·
0 Posts
i thought it was great last night that they were rewarded for rising to the top of the table by being booed by their own fans :D

S

·
0 Posts
Armagh Red Sean said:
why do you think they have no faith... or confidence
I don't think about dipper fans at all mate.

More to the point...who cares why they have no faith or confidence. ;)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
They have no confidence, because they've never won the Premier League, and this is the deepest in the season I can EVER remember them being on top of the table.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Armagh Red Sean said:
I come from a small town in Ireland which is heavily populated with Liverpool fans. Given the start to the league that they have had I was expecting to hear the usual amount of c**p from them that they usually talk. They seem to think they will be contending for the PL every year before the season starts. But even though they are on top of the league, most of the games played without Torres, any of them I talk to are convinced they wont last the distance. To be honest I dont really believe they will stick it out either, but why do you think they have no faith... or confidence
perhaps because theya re not as stupid as alot of you think, they have never looked like winning the league and have been fairly lucky so far this season (something most liverpool fans would agree with). What is the point of building yourslef up when really you are not in with a great chance of doing anything. If united where in the same situation i would be calling half the fans idiots for thinking we where favourites or going to win the title.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Liverpool fans are fickle they have never had a better chance for years and they boo there own players . One thing I have to admit robbie keane has been a major floppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Armagh Red Sean said:
because they are a crap team thats why

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I found it interesting to watch You're on Sky Sports on Monday.

There were A LOT of Liverpool fans saying Rafa wasn't the right man for the job, Keane isn't good enough, their squad doesn't have enough quality and they rely too heavily on Gerrard and Torres.

Sounded like they knew what they were talking about. :eek: :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Liverpool Fans Deserve The Title - Steven Gerrard
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1713/liverpool/2008/12/03/993832/liverpool-fans-deserve-the-title-steven-gerrard

Steven Gerrard wants to win the league title as a reward to Liverpool's loyal fans...

This season, many believe that Liverpool have the squad and the desire to finally end their 18-year wait for and English championship.

That last win came in the 1989/90 season, when Aston Villa were runners-up, Arsenal and Chelsea finished in fourth and fifth respectively, with Manchester United struggling in 13th.

Times have changed and those standings won't be repeated, but the Anfield faithful won't care. They just want to shake their domestic also-rans tag and see skipper Steven Gerrard hold the Premier League title aloft.

England midfielder Gerrard feels the same way and wants to do it for the Reds' fans and to bolster his treasure chest of success.

He told Sky Sports: "From a personal point of view it's the only [major domestic] medal I haven't got, so it would be nice to finish the collection off.

"It's not about me, though, it's about the club and the fans. The fans have waited so long for this title, so it's time it was delivered.

"We need to give everything we've got to make those fans happy."

Liverpool are one point clear of Chelsea atop the table, but it should be three, considering the great chances they spurned during Monday's goalless draw with West Ham United. Thus, Stevie G has urged his team-mates to take no prisoners.

"I think it's about being slightly more ruthless in front of goal," he admitted. "I think the team is defending well and we are creating opportunities, so it's now down to me and the other players to take the chances."

Hitman Fernando Torres is enduring an injury-plagued season and Gerrard clearly understands that goals will have to be chipped in from throughout the side.

Greg Ptolomey, Goal.com

·
Registered
125 Posts
Armagh Red Sean said:
good to see it bout time they relised they were **** shower of b######s any way

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
wel they def aint benifiting their chances by how they were on monday. its just gonna make things more awkward for the players.

was reading in the sun that liverpool fans are the most knowledgable when it comes to football. How can you have the most knowledgable fans, silly scousers

hope the flop at christmas like every year

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Maybe because they have a pretty average squad and they've never been able to last the distance.

I've thought this season that they'll drop off again this season. Benitez may be a a good manager when it comes to European competitions, but in the Premiership hes completely and utterly out of his depth imo.

And really, he should leave if he doesn't win the League. When he took over, he said he had a 5 year plan to win the League, and this is the 5th. Hopefully he'll stay though ;) :p

·
Registered
601 Posts
they have two world class performers who play consistantly and thats gerrard an torres, players that can make a difference, but not in every game. They simply need more players that can make a difference when gerard or torres cant find the net. Liverpool have been like this for years, they bring in new faces at end of season instead of having faith and improving players attributes for the next season keeping 90% of there squad. You cant expect a team to play together every season when have the squad have been transfer listed and sold and brought in a new squad.

·
Registered
601 Posts
this is another worry for me, Liverpool produced many young talent of British footballers and now they have only Gerrard as being a true red oh and of course carragher. I really do find this topic of to many foriegn players being a big risk to our england team. It is places like liverpool, arsenal man utd and chelsea where the best young talent are grown to be world class players and i cant see a shining light where i can say i cant wait for englands team next european cup

1 - 19 of 19 Posts