Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when they will announce the official date and time for the Liverpool match in March?

I am heading to Old Trafford for my first game and was trying to finalize my plans.

·
Registered
364 Posts
They normally announce them at the end of January when the broadcasters have submitted their picks for games. I'd say it's about 85-90% likely that itll end up being 13:30 kick-off, Sunday March 15, on Sky Sports 1 and HD1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the info. I figured it would be on Sky but maybe the 16:00 time slot instead of the early time slot. I think the first match was on Setanta (at least here in the US). I have tried to erase that one for my memory though.

Revenge will be sweet!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
it'll def be on the Sunday for TV... v small chance it would be the early kick off on the Sat... if your booking flights plan to be there both days in case!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
Sulli01 said:
Cool, thanks for the info. I figured it would be on Sky but maybe the 16:00 time slot instead of the early time slot. I think the first match was on Setanta (at least here in the US). I have tried to erase that one for my memory though.

Revenge will be sweet!
i think it's an unwritten law, in fact it might even be official. united play liverpool early to give people less time in the pubs to get rowdy and angry pre-kick off. i believe it's the same with massive citeh, but not with arsenal or chelsea, which is why we usually play them later.

and yes revenge will be sweet. last year it was the best league game i went to by far. standing on the concourse at half time in the family stand with michael shields belting out. :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get there on Friday so I will be there all weekend for the game. Any recommendations of what to do with an extra day in Manchester? Will there be a big scene in the area the day before?

Sorry for all of the questions, I am just very excited to finally make the trip to Old Trafford!

·
Registered
364 Posts
RedAdam said:
i think it's an unwritten law, in fact it might even be official. united play liverpool early to give people less time in the pubs to get rowdy and angry pre-kick off. i believe it's the same with massive citeh, but not with arsenal or chelsea, which is why we usually play them later.

and yes revenge will be sweet. last year it was the best league game i went to by far. standing on the concourse at half time in the family stand with michael shields belting out. :p
I'm pretty sure it's an official thing with Liverpool that the games have to be pre-2pm, not sure about City though, I'm sure we've played them later?

Let's face it though, Having the game earlier is just forcing people to get up earlier to get ready, i.e. to start drinking earlier, so I'm not sure it really works. ;)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Sulli01 said:
I get there on Friday so I will be there all weekend for the game. Any recommendations of what to do with an extra day in Manchester? Will there be a big scene in the area the day before?

Sorry for all of the questions, I am just very excited to finally make the trip to Old Trafford!
do the stadium tour and museum tour. they can easily take up a full day and for what they cost, are amazing value for money. You may be able to get your pic took with the Prem League trophy and Champions League trophy although they may be in the middle of being sent back by then.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
So does anyone actually know when we will find out for sure?
I need to book flights and dont want to get ripped off, the later I leave it.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
jazz, the premier league website has fixture changes up until 01 march. this game is scheduled for the 14th i think and so will be sorted in the next round of arrangements. should be next 2 weeks at a guess

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedAdam said:
jazz, the premier league website has fixture changes up until 01 march. this game is scheduled for the 14th i think and so will be sorted in the next round of arrangements. should be next 2 weeks at a guess
cheers. if you hear anything concrete can you send me a pm?

·
Registered
366 Posts
The manchester met has the last say in all games believe it or not . If they consider a game to be at risk from crowd trouble etc they can request an early kick off to try keep people out of the pubs and thus avoid the usual drink related stuff kicking off. I am nearly sure it will be on Sat the 14 at 12.45pm . That way Sky can still show it and its fairly early . I think the Bishops opens at 11am on these sort of early kick offs . So dont panic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts