Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm v confident we will win the league after what we saw yday! Though there is still a lot of work left to do...

Liverpool have proved to themselves and every1 else that they are capable of winning the league. I remember 05/06 season we went on a terrific run toward the end of the season and really pushed Chelseas to the wire when it looked as though they had it sealed!

That gave us great belief and the next season we carried that and won the title!!!

Next year will be one of the toughest league titles to win I strongly believe that! Liverpool will carry this belief forward, Chelsea will improve over the summer... we need to answer this, and it will be a very tough season... arsenal may also have a say!

I dont want to lose the run of myself yet but I am very confident we will lift the title in May,..

what do you think for next season? 4 in a row? not going to be easy!!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Calm down, we need to win this one first :D

Chelsea will be closer, if they get a manager sorted and stick by him.
Still think Arsenal need improvements.

·
Banned
875 Posts
Calm down, we need to win this one first :D

Chelsea will be closer, if they get a manager sorted and stick by him.
Still think Arsenal need improvements.
Arsenal got no chance unless they change manager or dig deep to buy good players :D their youth just not working

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Four in a row is nigh on unheard of but if anyone can we can. Chelsea will be making some big signings in the summer, Liverpool will begin the season with a squad that has enough class to not be quite as reliant on Gerrard and Torres, and Arsenal will make a signing or two while the rest of their team will grow and mature.

However, we have a young and ever-improving team as well and I'm pretty confident we will make a couple of big name signing this summer too. So I still think we will go into the season with the best team, the best squad, and the best manager.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well we will see come May:thumbsup:

Next season is going to be same as the present one, title race will more than likely be run with 'the big 4'.

Liverpool just need to find another few pieces of their squad to be complete in my opinion. Going into next season, whatever the outcome of this, the current players will have the experience of a title run in. If they sign another winger for the right flank, another striker who wont be sold 6 months later and an attacking mid, I think they would be pretty set for a title fight. :eek:

And as Stephen said Chelsea will be back next season more determined to gain back the title. They need a big overhaul of their squad though during the summer, and a manger:D

As for Arsenal, if they go out and spend on a decent CB and a battling CM, plus get better luck on the injury front, then they should also be set for a fight.

·
Banned
151 Posts
I'm v confident we will win the league after what we saw yday! Though there is still a lot of work left to do...

Liverpool have proved to themselves and every1 else that they are capable of winning the league. I remember 05/06 season we went on a terrific run toward the end of the season and really pushed Chelseas to the wire when it looked as though they had it sealed!

That gave us great belief and the next season we carried that and won the title!!!

Next year will be one of the toughest league titles to win I strongly believe that! Liverpool will carry this belief forward, Chelsea will improve over the summer... we need to answer this, and it will be a very tough season... arsenal may also have a say!

I dont want to lose the run of myself yet but I am very confident we will lift the title in May,..

what do you think for next season? 4 in a row? not going to be easy!!
Glad you realise the danger.
However you're living on hope if you think we'll win the title on yesterday's performance.
We'll carry on playing like that, and Liverpool keep playing the way they are.
Who's your money on?
As for next season, 2/3 quality signings, Gerrard and Torres stay fit and not having to rely on v.poor fringe players for much of the season. They're making us sweat now after a season on their squad, so next year I'd have to say no, we wont go ahead if we do manage to survive and win it this time.
Look at our squad properly and look where we need to strengthen.
More work to do than Liverpool this summer, Ribery for starters.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
We need a backup left back, goalscoring midfielder, decent target man and a winger...

I'd say the ball is more in Chelsea's court than the dippers...

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I'm not thinking about next season yet..
I just hope we are top of the table at the end of this season..!:first:

But next season will be as competitive as ever..!
The summer transfer record spending is going to be smashed this year with all the Top Clubs adding to their squads..

CITEH PL CHAMPIONS 09/10:D:rofl:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its hard to win any year, but as most have said, we need to win this season's title first lol before we look too far ahead. Chelsea will be the biggest threat next season. Arsenal will be much stronger next season. They are unbeaten this year and look much better. If they could get a decent midfielder they will take some beating. A lot will depend on the summer buys from the top 4 teams, but United will start as favourites next season, no matter who wins the league this season.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Glad you realise the danger.
However you're living on hope if you think we'll win the title on yesterday's performance.
We'll carry on playing like that, and Liverpool keep playing the way they are.
Who's your money on?
As for next season, 2/3 quality signings, Gerrard and Torres stay fit and not having to rely on v.poor fringe players for much of the season. They're making us sweat now after a season on their squad, so next year I'd have to say no, we wont go ahead if we do manage to survive and win it this time.
Look at our squad properly and look where we need to strengthen.
More work to do than Liverpool this summer, Ribery for starters.
Have you really got nothing better to do than go on forums of clubs you don't support to try and talk up your own club?

And in answer to the points you make I think yesterday's game will prove to be vital in the title race. No, we didn't play well particularly but that's because we were low of confidence after the Fulham game and getting beat by you scousers, but that last minute euphoria will give them the confidence and belief to come out fighting and play as brilliantly as they did for the rest of the season up to now and I think that will prove to be important for us to win trophies this season.

As for Liverpool, I think you may have took a slight blow yesterday but you will keep winning games and push us to the end and come second. Liverpool will come back stronger next season too no doubt. But we have a squad of players that are constantly improving, with the exception of Scholes, who is still class, and Neville who is probably past it now to be fair. So the current bunch we have will be better than ever next season and we will make a couple of big signings too, possibly Ribery like you mention. So United will still go into the season with the best squad, the best team, and the best manager - but I know that doesn't guaruantee any success as football doesn't work like that.

But to suggest we have more work than Liverpool to do this summer? Thats ridiculous, we have a squad with world class players in every position (except left wing) and all we will need to do, is maybe bringin in someone to just give us a little extra boost. You at Liverpool need to Sign at least one defender, at least one winger, probably a striker because N'Gog is hardly the kind of backup we have here, an maybe other players too.

Chelsea have the most work to do in the summer, but they have the money to do it and I think they'll have a but of an overhaul by replacing old players with young exciting players.

Arsenal as somebody else said, could just do with a fighting midfielder and probably a defender too and they should have a decent challenge in them, as their squad will all improve with age, and they probably won't be so unlucky with injuries again.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Have you really got nothing better to do than go on forums of clubs you don't support to try and talk up your own club?

And in answer to the points you make I think yesterday's game will prove to be vital in the title race. No, we didn't play well particularly but that's because we were low of confidence after the Fulham game and getting beat by you scousers, but that last minute euphoria will give them the confidence and belief to come out fighting and play as brilliantly as they did for the rest of the season up to now and I think that will prove to be important for us to win trophies this season.

As for Liverpool, I think you may have took a slight blow yesterday but you will keep winning games and push us to the end and come second. Liverpool will come back stronger next season too no doubt. But we have a squad of players that are constantly improving, with the exception of Scholes, who is still class, and Neville who is probably past it now to be fair. So the current bunch we have will be better than ever next season and we will make a couple of big signings too, possibly Ribery like you mention. So United will still go into the season with the best squad, the best team, and the best manager - but I know that doesn't guaruantee any success as football doesn't work like that.

But to suggest we have more work than Liverpool to do this summer? Thats ridiculous, we have a squad with world class players in every position (except left wing) and all we will need to do, is maybe bringin in someone to just give us a little extra boost. You at Liverpool need to Sign at least one defender, at least one winger, probably a striker because N'Gog is hardly the kind of backup we have here, an maybe other players too.

Chelsea have the most work to do in the summer, but they have the money to do it and I think they'll have a but of an overhaul by replacing old players with young exciting players.

Arsenal as somebody else said, could just do with a fighting midfielder and probably a defender too and they should have a decent challenge in them, as their squad will all improve with age, and they probably won't be so unlucky with injuries again.
(third attempt at post so shorter)
We need 7 signings, CR out for Ribery, Tevez out too expensive, fletcher should be at blackburn/portsmouth,
Anderson, squad fringe player, need someone like mascherano/alonso seeing as i'm a scouse now,
then giggs, scholes and neville, giants at the end of careers, need 3 signings for them to stay in the squad.

Chelsea's money: Roman more interested in replacing players these days, did you know he lost 12 billion on the stock market?
Liverpool's money: LFC in advanced stages of £450million Kuwaiti buy-out, leaving Hicks with 25% of the club. That happens and they could be back in for Silva and Villa. Those two along with Barry and a RB to compete with Arbeloa and that's job done.

People say we'll win the title because of yesterday. I say we'll lose if we carry on playing like that.
If that win gives us the confidence to play like champions again then we'll win, its ours to lose.
Liverpool have been dominating recent games completely and is the most convincing form of any team all season, that's what i'm worried about and if i'm a scouse for saying that out loud then throw your rotting veg all you want, hung drawn and quartered for speaking the truth. :specool:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
(third attempt at post so shorter)
We need 7 signings, CR out for Ribery, Tevez out too expensive, fletcher should be at blackburn/portsmouth,
Anderson, squad fringe player, need someone like mascherano/alonso seeing as i'm a scouse now,
then giggs, scholes and neville, giants at the end of careers, need 3 signings for them to stay in the squad.

Chelsea's money: Roman more interested in replacing players these days, did you know he lost 12 billion on the stock market?
Liverpool's money: LFC in advanced stages of £450million Kuwaiti buy-out, leaving Hicks with 25% of the club. That happens and they could be back in for Silva and Villa. Those two along with Barry and a RB to compete with Arbeloa and that's job done.

People say we'll win the title because of yesterday. I say we'll lose if we carry on playing like that.
If that win gives us the confidence to play like champions again then we'll win, its ours to lose.
Liverpool have been dominating recent games completely and is the most convincing form of any team all season, that's what i'm worried about and if i'm a scouse for saying that out loud then throw your rotting veg all you want, hung drawn and quartered for speaking the truth. :specool:
Okay on the assumption you're not a soucser infact, I'll weigh up what you said.

IF Ronaldo goes, yes we will probably bring in somebody like Ribery, and probably a winger for the toher flank too. But thats only IF he goes. Yes Tevez is too expensive, so there is a chance of him leaving and we can either let young lads like Welbeck and Macheda who have potential get a chance, or bring in somebody else.

If you actually follow United you would see that Fletcher has been outstanding this season, bossed the Chelsea midfield completely, and was man of the match yesterday by a long way. Fletcher definitely deserves to be in the team, and importantly plays his best in the big games (was unlucky to miss out against Liverpool through injury). We also have Hargreaves coming back so that gives even further cover to the midfield area, so that stops the need for a 'Mascherano/Alonso' type of player. As for Giggs Neville and Scholes - Giggs and Scholes definitely have another year in them at the top level, and we have Rafael who is one of the most exciting players I've seen at United to replace him so we're fine there.

The reason people are saying that match could win us the title is because it will give us the boost of confidence and morale to go and beat people for the rest of the season. Nobody is saying we played brilliantly yesterday, but thats because we were low on confidence and the defeats at Fulham and Liverpool. Not like we haven't been playing well all season, for the whole season really up until those two games we have been out of this world, people even claiming we are 'untouchable' and bookies paying out on us winning the quintuple!

Liverpool, in case you forgot, were the ones playing poor all season, but have recently been on fire in fairness - and even though yesterday will have knocked them down a bit, will still have the drive to keep playing well for the rest of the season and will most likely push us to the end, but I think the boost United got from yesterday will bring us back to our dominant best and win the title again.

And just for the record, it wasn't yesterday's comments that made me think you're a scouser, I've read your posts from when first joined and from the start I thought you were then. Although in fairness you've joined in a pessimistic period so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Bit early yet. It all depends on Liverpool's transfers in the off season. If they get David Villa they'll be much better.

If they get Villa & David Silva then they could realistically go for the league.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
As my friends said, let`s work for this previous one. The other will be taken care of in the Summer. You can never predict a single score result, let alone a season which has not started yet. It will be the same contenders yet again, and maybe the likes of Everton, Aston Villa and Tottenham will step up a gear. We will see. My only focus is on this one, and its turning out to be one of the exciting seasons ever.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Okay on the assumption you're not a soucser infact, I'll weigh up what you said.

IF Ronaldo goes, yes we will probably bring in somebody like Ribery, and probably a winger for the toher flank too. But thats only IF he goes. Yes Tevez is too expensive, so there is a chance of him leaving and we can either let young lads like Welbeck and Macheda who have potential get a chance, or bring in somebody else.

If you actually follow United you would see that Fletcher has been outstanding this season, bossed the Chelsea midfield completely, and was man of the match yesterday by a long way. Fletcher definitely deserves to be in the team, and importantly plays his best in the big games (was unlucky to miss out against Liverpool through injury). We also have Hargreaves coming back so that gives even further cover to the midfield area, so that stops the need for a 'Mascherano/Alonso' type of player. As for Giggs Neville and Scholes - Giggs and Scholes definitely have another year in them at the top level, and we have Rafael who is one of the most exciting players I've seen at United to replace him so we're fine there.

The reason people are saying that match could win us the title is because it will give us the boost of confidence and morale to go and beat people for the rest of the season. Nobody is saying we played brilliantly yesterday, but thats because we were low on confidence and the defeats at Fulham and Liverpool. Not like we haven't been playing well all season, for the whole season really up until those two games we have been out of this world, people even claiming we are 'untouchable' and bookies paying out on us winning the quintuple!

Liverpool, in case you forgot, were the ones playing poor all season, but have recently been on fire in fairness - and even though yesterday will have knocked them down a bit, will still have the drive to keep playing well for the rest of the season and will most likely push us to the end, but I think the boost United got from yesterday will bring us back to our dominant best and win the title again.

And just for the record, it wasn't yesterday's comments that made me think you're a scouser, I've read your posts from when first joined and from the start I thought you were then. Although in fairness you've joined in a pessimistic period so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.
You're going to call me a scouse again for this...

We're nowhere near where we were last season, far too many 1 nils which could have ended up in draws the same way liverpool struggled. Only difference is we've got a bigger squad and more able to put out a team to break down stubborn defences than they do. However next season is going to be different.
This season they've been without the main engine which is Gerrard and Torres for large parts. But remember they beat us without them. If one was playing the other was out, or they were both out. Only now they're back in, match fit and regained confidence in themselves are we seeing their true potential. Add to tha Silva and Villa and Barry and maybe Glen Johnson and we've got big problems.
They are the biggest threat to us, and so you have to analyse and be critical of your own weaknesses.
We've been hard to beat and had record clean sheets because we have most of the possesion. Now Liverpool and Fulham have beaten us the other teams start to think they can as well. How evident was that yesterday? If we hadn't lost those games Villa would have been terrified coming to OT and would have been lucky to score because they wouldn't have gone for us so much. We live a lot on reputation, the minute we get exposed and our weakness is exposed we struggle.
All the players I want to replace is because we need to improve in that area to be truly dominant, fletcher might do well at times but so did spearing for liverpool, fletcher would be a top player at blackburn/portsmouth but I cant help but worry when he's on the field.
CR, was there some of his influence in Macheda yesterday? when he went down it wasnt a penalty but he started doing the CR slap the floor petulance/tantrum thing then started on Barry.
He had a Roy of the Rovers goal but dont start thinking you're Ronaldo or start acting like him.
I'm sorry if this upsets you all but I just dont like to see it, true champions dont behave like that.
Giggs, Scholes and Neville have a minimum one season left, but if we have to rely on them for a title then we're going to struggle, so we need to sign to stay top.

·
Banned
151 Posts
you lot have won plenty of games without Torress and Gaylord so dont be using that cockfest of an explanation....
Yeah, including a 2-1 win over us, as I already said :confused:
My point, having them 2 fit plus someone like Silva/Villa/Ribery (if they're 75% Kuwaiti) is all they need to compete with us on all fronts. At the moment, CL and PL are all they can manage with their squad and that's down to ££££.
Do you not think its important to know everything about your biggest enemy and to scrutinise your own weaknesses? Or shall we all pat each other on the backs for a fabulous claw-back that we quite rightly grinded out and had luck as well thanks to the linesman's offsides?
Say anything remotely unlike constant praise and you're a scouse is it? :specool:

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
why does having those 3 immediatly make them on par with us?Im not denying they are fantastic assests,but theres no certainity of them performing the same over here.Also whilst you lot are buying these players,WE will no doubt purchase another key player to add to the side,which will put us further a field to you dippers.Arsenal will be much stronger next term,and Chelski will always be in the mix

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Yeah, including a 2-1 win over us, as I already said :confused:
My point, having them 2 fit plus someone like Silva/Villa/Ribery (if they're 75% Kuwaiti) is all they need to compete with us on all fronts. At the moment, CL and PL are all they can manage with their squad and that's down to ££££.
Do you not think its important to know everything about your biggest enemy and to scrutinise your own weaknesses? Or shall we all pat each other on the backs for a fabulous claw-back that we quite rightly grinded out and had luck as well thanks to the linesman's offsides?
Say anything remotely unlike constant praise and you're a scouse is it? :specool:

they need to buy those players first to have ANY chance of even being close to us.
You fail to mention who WE (United) might also buy. What if we get Ribery or Villa?
If, and its a big IF, they do sign players of that quality, we can 'worry' about it when it happens.
Liverpool are a long way away from winning the league. This season they have punched above their weight while ourselves, Arse and Chelsea have ALL been below par. Yet we are still top of the league.....
Pool wont win the League for a very long time.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts