Biggest Threat to United in 08/09?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a huge game and its great knowing that at least one of these teams will drop points.:D

Obviously a draw would be the best result for us, but if one of them had to win, which would you rather?

Our lead at the top is sure to increase. happy days.

(This can be the matchday thread also)

edit: Final Score 2-0 to Liverpool.
Poll added: Who will be the biggest threat to United this season?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Well this time last season it was us and Arsenal at the top, with Chelsea a bit behind and they ended up finishing strongly (won more points than us in the 2nd half of last season) so I'd much rather Liverpool win tbh as I think they will end up dropping a lot of points towards the end of the season.

1st choice: Draw
2nd choice: Liverpool win

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its funny cos the last time they played I was happy enough that they beat Chelsea
cos it was at SB. Its always weird watching gams between 2 evils. Id rather they
both lost but we know thats not possible:D

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Its like asking if you want a punch in the face or a kick in the nutbag , a draw is the only acceptable result unless sir alex can rig it so they both lose.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
On the surface, I think I'd want the dippers to win (sacriledge, I know). They still have to come to OT and I believe chelski will end up being our closest challengers.

However, a win over chelski might give the scum renewed hope and a loss might end their chances completely.

In other words, I have no flippin idea....

A draw, yes a draw would be good. :p

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 4-4 draw would be nice, with about 6 sendings off, 8 long term injuries and Rafa sent to the stands for punching the ref :D

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The annoying this I know I won't be able to support Liverpool.

Last time I wanted them to win (like others) but when it came down to the last 20 minutes and I heard the scousers singing I was begging for a Chelsea goal to shut them up...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
TheManc said:
The annoying this I know I won't be able to support Liverpool.

Last time I wanted them to win (like others) but when it came down to the last 20 minutes and I heard the scousers singing I was begging for a Chelsea goal to shut them up...
You should be supporting Chel$ki in this one :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
this is an easy one,for us a draw would be perfect and with Liverpoo being at home there is a good chance of that,
but if someone has to win,i sorry but ....... lol

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
We're at the top of the table now so if we mess it up we only have ourselves to blame but if we do mess up then the last team I want to overtake us is Liverpool. They are still very much in the title hunt so I definitely don't want them to win. A defeat against Chelsea could be the start of their downward spiral into another trophyless season...which would be great. :D

A draw is obviously the ideal result though.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With Pool dropping points at Wigan hehee :D
this game has just gotten a hell of a lot more interesting.
If we beat Everton we will be 5 points ahead of Pool and Chelsea before this game kicks off.
If its a draw we could be 4 whole points ahead with a game in hand come Sunday :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, obviously a draw would be a great result.

As for which one I would prefer to win, I can't decide so I'll say I don't mind too much. After all, as long as we do our job we have nothing to worry about.

(Though hopefully Liverpool still have a slight chance of winning the title when they come to Old Trafford so we can officially knock them out of it ;) :D)

1 - 20 of 217 Posts