Manchester United Talk banner

Liverpool 'v' Feyenoord

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  carlyluvsunited 
#1 ·
I watch the game Liverpool 'v' Feyenoord in The Rotterdam Tournament today.

What sticks in my mind most of all ?

Well Royston Drenthe seem to me to be a very, very good player - he runs and runs, shows very nice ball control and wow he is quick too......

Other things that stick in my memory about this game were the wreckless challenges by several Liverpool players, Arbeloa most of all.......several times the Liverpool player would crunch the opposition and this is not good in a friendly game.

Also - arguing with the ref time after time after time.......

Feyenoord got award of a penalty ok......it should not be penalty fair enough.......but once the penalty is given thats it - tough luck and you get on with it. But no - they argue and argue till one of them is booked......then Torres runs slowly all the way across the box - the ref books him for this too - then the Liverpool players start to clap the ref sarcastic way.

Next - Arbeloa gets mad with Drenthe and shoves him in the chest - Drenthe is mad but walks off as his team mates try to protect him - Gerrard runs over and with his left hand punched a guy in the side of his head !!!!

There are plenty more things in this game I dont like but this tells you what the game was like.

Many children watch these guys - when I have children I feel I need to protect them, from teams like this Liverpool one !!!!

The fans in Athens show their attitude too with all the mugging and fighting with each other never mind other fans !!!!!

So.........

What will be done about this behaviour in the future I ask you.......

There is no place in this game for people like this but no one seems to care - no one ever does anything.......!!!!!

See less See more
#15 ·
SolskjaertheLegend said:
meh......Barca beat Real 3-1 the season before

Real Madrid will finish 2nd this year imo, around 10 points behind
It will be close but I got this feeling for Barca too - they are the best team on paper and last year they seem to go wrong all of a sudden......at one time they were favourites to win the Champs Leaugue too !!!

#17 ·
Returning to subject, Gerrard proved again in that match that he will allways be a scummy scouse t**t that is protected by this countries media because he's an important player in the awful England team. Wayne Rooney will swear once at the ref and he will be crucified on the front pages, Gerrard whacks some defensless guy in the head and i bet you the story is gone in 2 days time. He'd be hanging from a noose now if he was a United player.

#18 ·
redtilldead said:
Returning to subject, Gerrard proved again in that match that he will allways be a scummy scouse t**t that is protected by this countries media because he's an important player in the awful England team. Wayne Rooney will swear once at the ref and he will be crucified on the front pages, Gerrard whacks some defensless guy in the head and i bet you the story is gone in 2 days time. He'd be hanging from a noose now if he was a United player.
Absolutely......

There is a really funny vid on you tube which shows Gerrard in interview saying CR7 is a cheat for diving etc etc it then shows a whole sequence of dives by Gerrard himself.

He likes to talk like a true professional and then do everything he accuses everyone else of doing !!!

#19 ·
i saw drenthe playing in the u21 world cup he is a world class talent amazing chealse and madrid are linked depends whos got the most money in the end isnt it but if madrid are getting robben then chealsea are open to drenthe just hope that chealsea keep robben and madrid get drenthe

#20 ·
redtilldead said:
agree.....fu*king stupid it is!

#25 ·
Red but not Dead said:
The game has lost its way a bit. Yes you can get stuck in & play hard. Sometimes people lose there cool as you know in you last game. the worst problem is the divers & the cheats.
Dont take the comments about Liverpool personal on here ok......its a United forum so there is going to be stuff you wont like, lol....actually you seem nice man because you always polite despite these criticising......

I also know Ronaldo is a idiot for his actions and he receive the correct treatment from the ref - not like Gerrard........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.