Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dirk Kuyt has again been omitted from the latest Holland squad, but coach Marco van Basten says he has not given up on the Liverpool striker.

Van Basten has unveiled a 21-man Dutch squad for the friendly away to Euro 2008 co-hosts Austria next Wednesday.

And Kuyt has again been overlooked after missing last month's meeting with Croatia, although Van Basten insists the door has not completely closed on the Liverpool striker for this summer's European Championships.

"Can he do something to return to the squad? Absolutely: play good football," the coach said. "He must make such an impression at his club that we cannot ignore him.

"We must make choices and at the moment our choices are different. Other players are doing better.
"But if Dirk can make himself an important player for Liverpool, it could be that he returns to the national squad."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=84302

Isn't this the "best striker in the world" Dirk Kuyt according to liverpool fans hahah the best part is in the press conference: "Can he do something to return to the squad? Absolutely: play good football," the coach said.

PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL haha :D And my mate who was a liverpool fan was telling me at midseason how Kuyt is > Rooney!! haha and this joke Kuyt cannot even make his national squad where as Rooney is the first person on the list for is. This is just another delusional comparision made by Scousers just like how they were saying Pennant > Ronaldo lmao

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Van Basten is a stubborn, I would say fool but I respect what he's done in football.

In the last world cup, he put on Kuyt instead of RVN who he had warming up!!!

Kuyt isn't good enough. Running non-stop can only get you so far at the highest level. If you can't back up the determination with the class, especialy as a striker, then you're finished.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keano4taoiseach said:
Van Basten is a stubborn, I would say fool but I respect what he's done in football.

In the last world cup, he put on Kuyt instead of RVN who he had warming up!!!

Kuyt isn't good enough. Running non-stop can only get you so far at the highest level. If you can't back up the determination with the class, especialy as a striker, then you're finished.
Yeah tell me about the World Cup! He did jack in the world cup but all liverpool fans are like OMG OMG KUYT WAS EXCELLENT IN WORLD CUP lmao yeah right :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
sparkic said:
Yeah tell me about the World Cup! He did jack in the world cup but all liverpool fans are like OMG OMG KUYT WAS EXCELLENT IN WORLD CUP lmao yeah right :rolleyes:
Mate you could fill the joke thread with the amount of crap that comes out of their mouths :rolleyes:

Every time United win I go into school and the first thing my mate says is......"fluky" "fluky" and oh yes, "Kuyt is way better than Tevez"......lol

I have learned from experience that it's best not to listen to what they're saying.

Try and day-dream (like JD from Scrubs) when they're telling you about Kuyt being world class etc. ;)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keano4taoiseach said:
Mate you could fill the joke thread with the amount of crap that comes out of their mouths :rolleyes:

Every time United win I go into school and the first thing my mate says is......"fluky" "fluky" and oh yes, "Kuyt is way better than Tevez"......lol

I have learned from experience that it's best not to listen to what they're saying.

Try and day-dream (like JD from Scrubs) when they're telling you about Kuyt being world class etc. ;)
haha! I cop the same when I go to school. The one I tend to laugh at most is that Carragher is worlds best defender and Rio is nothing compared to him lmao and then there is that one where Riena is worlds best keeper but he can't even break into his national side :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Not suprised hes poor, cant score but when L'Pool play him down the right channel he doesnt get a chance.
Then again the Holland squad isnt great so i dont understand how he doesnt get in it !

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
True, he's a player who puts 100% in every game he plays in, regardless of the opposition. But work-rate without class is simply useless. If ue know how to combine determination with class well enough, ue will go on to become one of the very best in the whole world, that is a certain Wayne Rooney.

Tbh, Kuyt only noes how to run non-stop around the whole pitch like a headless chicken!! :D :p

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
dirk kuyt should be called dirk xxxxx because thats what he is a load of rubbish runs himself raggid but there aint nowt there that intrests me load of rubbish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts