Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think they will have alot of spending power now!!

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher believes the American takeover at Anfield will put the Reds on a financial par with Manchester United.Local hero Carragher says talks with new owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks left him convinced the club is in the right hands for the future.

Carragher met both men the night before they were officially unveiled as the club's new co-chairmen, and he believes the Reds are now well placed to move to the next level.

"All the players have been talking to each other for the last few days and we're all excited this is going to move the club forward," he told the club's official website.

"We're hoping it's going to help us get to the level of Manchester United. It would be nice to think we'll have as much money as Chelsea, but I think that's unrealistic.

"Being able to compete in the transfer market with United would be good enough, and being able to sign players of the calibre they've managed in the last 10 years would make a big difference.

"I look at it as a supporter as much as a player, and the main thing is to have a great team competing for honours every year in a brilliant new stadium. That's a legacy which will serve the club for the next 100 years and our children and grandchildren will enjoy.

"We only spoke for 10 to 15 minutes on Monday night. They just told me and Stevie the same things as were mentioned in the press conference, telling us they had the interests of the club at heart and want to bring success to the club. That's all you want to hear."

·
Registered
6 Posts
well gerrard is the only liverpool player i would have in our team, but carragher is like gary neville, strong and dependable but gary is far better. I alwys tell it how it is but both do good jobs

·
Banned
836 Posts
****ing hell, why do they want to be like Chelsea, another team will try and buy the league, what a bunch of tossers. If I was assosiated with a club that had new billionaire owners, and their plans only consisted of buying top quality players just so that they can dominate the leagues for success and not focus on the long term plans for the club (the stadium etc), I would try and make them see what they are doing, they are only interested in short term success and their ever increasing fat pockets.

That's why Manchester United will always be the true premiership champions, because we've won 8 premiership titles, and didn't require a billionaire to buy success for us, we got to be a huge club through winning games, then getting more and more gate reciepts and therefore more money through that then sponsorships, that's how a football club should be ran. People complain that we have bought success through big buys like Ferdinand, Rooney and Stam etc but we got that money from league success, gate reciepts, merchandise and sponsorships.

These foreign owners are destroying the Premiership, even Glazer has put us into crippling debt. Now it's about buying success just so they can make more money, god damn I hate Chelsea because of what they have done the past few years but now I hate Liverpool for lowering themselves to Chelsea's level of idiocy.

It's a fact that Chelsea are the most hated team in the league for what they have done through Abramovich, why the hell are Liverpool following their example and be hated just as much as them? Beats me.

No matter how many trophies Chelsea or Liverpool win, none of them can win the Premiership, FA Cup and the Champions League in one season, so we have yet to be beaten on that front. That's the standard we've set and it can never be repeated.

·
Banned
2 Posts
mightymanc10 said:
Liverpool will always be shite!!!!!!!!!!!
18 Leagues
5 European Cups (6 Tomorrow?)
3 Uefa Cups
3 Super Cups
7 FA Cups

Now saying that Liverpool will always be shite... Liverpool have a far better history then Manchester United, so does that mean Manchester United will always be shite?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When did liverpool last win the league? So long i cant even remember, you may have a slightly better history, but if you look at the recent history over the last 15 years its not so great

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
77-78-81-84-05 said:
18 Leagues
5 European Cups (6 Tomorrow?)
3 Uefa Cups
3 Super Cups
7 FA Cups

Now saying that Liverpool will always be shite... Liverpool have a far better history then Manchester United, so does that mean Manchester United will always be shite?

Now I wouldn't say Liverpool have a far better history than Man U. Domestically we have 16 leagues and we will catch you guys in a couple of seasons. There is no way Liverpool will win the Prem. You just don't have the consistency to do it over an entire season. Sure you haven't won it since 1990, which is brutal by the way. We have more FA cups than you so domestically I wouldn't say there is much in the history at all. If the Munich disaster hadn't have happened we would be ahead of you in most fields. Most experts would agree.
And by the way why I think you clicked on the wrong site unless you are a closet Man U fan. I'm sure you were a fan in the nineties and then switched back to the Pool when they got ridiculously lucky in 2005. We know your type mate. Why do Liverpool fans have to come on Man U sites. That just grates me so why don't you leave us all alone and if you like you can come back on Wednesday night for a chat after Milan give you the stuffing you deserve. I'll gladly talk to you then. So till then I wish you all the worst. :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
Of course the old cliche of "anything can happen in football" comes to mind. However I really don't think Liverpool can win the league any time soon. If you look at the Liverpool squad they are so shockingly short of creativity and flair. Liverpool is a big name with average players and that is exactly the problem for them isn't it. Out of the top 4 teams in the Premiership any neutral fan would say that Liverpool are the worst of the lot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1luv1utd said:
Of course the old cliche of "anything can happen in football" comes to mind. However I really don't think Liverpool can win the league any time soon. If you look at the Liverpool squad they are so shockingly short of creativity and flair. Liverpool is a big name with average players and that is exactly the problem for them isn't it. Out of the top 4 teams in the Premiership any neutral fan would say that Liverpool are the worst of the lot.
Well, with Torres lining up with Liverpool, I really think they could be one of the strongest contender for the title IF Torres could adapt well and cope with LFC and Premiership as well.
I also heard that Liverpool going to sign another winger (probably to replace Kewell ?) in shape of Simao Sabrosa or Ricardo Quaresma and I think it is wise decision from Rafa.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts