Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrote this for the blog...but its not published yet. Thoughht it would raise a few talking points too, saying as we haven't talked much about this lad.

Also, his name is pronounced, "yai-ich"

______________________________________________________________________________________

As the January window passed with little or no media reports on the English, European and World Champions around the transfer market, many non-United fans won't have been aware of Fergie's activity in signing Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic from Partizan Belgrade. Tosic who has signed immediately has been playing regularly in the reserves and has also made an appearance for the first team. Ljajic has opted to stay in Serbia for one year and will join United in the January transfer window of 2010, as he prepares to take in a whole new world at Old Trafford.

Ljajic (17), maybe of a young age but he's already stated his intentions which will please Ferguson. Regarding his future club, the Serb said he fancies his chances of making it into the United first team within 12 months of signing for them. Great to see such ambition and a strong character, lets hope he can pull off what his mind believes. Speaking to The Times, the attacking midfielder/striker had this to say;

"The quality in England is very high because you are training with such great players but the main difference is it's much quicker. I really enjoyed it and training with such top players can only help me improve. Coming over to England allowed me to see how things worked so I know what to expect when I come here permanently, and I hope that when I join in January I will be involved with the first team from the start."

He maybe waiting a year to complete the move, but travels are being made back and fourth as he takes part in the odd training session with the United team, getting to know his future team-mates. No doubt about it, but Serbia's brightest prospect will be eagerly anticipated around the Old Trafford stadium and across the United fans all around the world.

You can see Zoran Tosic in action tonight on MUTV as the Reserves take on Middlesbrough. Coverage starts at 18:30 with kickoff at 19:00.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I thought his name was pronounced LIE-CHIC... But anyways, the clips I've seen of him have provided some encouragement that our 8 million will have been well spent.

However, I have not been a single bit impressed with Tosic.. His performances for the reserves have been absolutely brutal. And I am fairly confident in saying that I don't think he will make it in the premiership. He reminds me a bit of Kieran Richardson, except worse... Hopefully he proves me wrong but I have a gut feeling that I will be proved 100% correct.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought his name was pronounced LIE-CHIC... But anyways, the clips I've seen of him have provided some encouragement that our 8 million will have been well spent.

However, I have not been a single bit impressed with Tosic.. His performances for the reserves have been absolutely brutal. And I am fairly confident in saying that I don't think he will make it in the premiership. He reminds me a bit of Kieran Richardson, except worse... Hopefully he proves me wrong but I have a gut feeling that I will be proved 100% correct.

Plenty of threads have gone completly off topic lately....lets not go again....its a thread on Ljajic

;)

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...I just don't want a thread going way off topic. I know I had Tosic in the thread post,... :laugh: Carry on so...

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I know nothing of the guy apart from reading on here that there was something about him being labelled as mini kaka in the region he is from. Thats quite the name but moreso is the fact that we payed alot of money for him. He must have major potential.

I have some concerns though. With him knowing he will be at united within 12 months, will the team and coaches work with him as hard as they should because they know he will be gone soon or will they look ahead and try and promote/develop the guy who will replace the kid. Also will moving to united spur him on to work even harder on his game before he comes or will waiting and being young make him complacent!

If fergie spent alot of money on the guy and with him being the bigger prospect of the two, i would expect him to be involved in uniteds first team squad pretty as he arrives! :cool:

Possibly similar to ramsey of arsenal maybe,

pz! :cool:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know nothing of the guy apart from reading on here that there was something about him being labelled as mini kaka in the region he is from. Thats quite the name but moreso is the fact that we payed alot of money for him. He must have major potential.

I have some concerns though. With him knowing he will be at united within 12 months, will the team and coaches work with him as hard as they should because they know he will be gone soon or will they look ahead and try and promote/develop the guy who will replace the kid. Also will moving to united spur him on to work even harder on his game before he comes or will waiting and being young make him complacent!

If fergie spent alot of money on the guy and with him being the bigger prospect of the two, i would expect him to be involved in uniteds first team squad pretty as he arrives! :cool:

Possibly similar to ramsey of arsenal maybe,

pz! :cool:

he is known as Serbia's brightest up and coming player

1 - 9 of 9 Posts