Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm not sure tbh.

I was disappointed when there wasn't an LMA 2008, so I'm still playing 2007 :p

Its the best manager game on console (of course, barring Football Manager as its quite poor on console) and I hope there is a 2009.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I've played all of the LMA Manager games since 2003 onwards. I was similarly disappointed when one wasn't released for 2008.

They totally messed up the transfer system for 2007 (e.g. the big 4 would buy 2-3 players from each other) so had to go back to the drawing board.

I've been on a few LMA forums including Codemasters' and there was a will they/won't they debate. The last rumour I heard was that they are planning to release a game next season around October - hope it's true!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
reddwarf said:
I've played all of the LMA Manager games since 2003 onwards. I was similarly disappointed when one wasn't released for 2008.

They totally messed up the transfer system for 2007 (e.g. the big 4 would buy 2-3 players from each other) so had to go back to the drawing board.

I've been on a few LMA forums including Codemasters' and there was a will they/won't they debate. The last rumour I heard was that they are planning to release a game next season around October - hope it's true!
Yeah.

On one of my games, Barcelona signed 2 players from Real Madrid, and the defence of most of the top 4 (In England, of course) included at least 2 players from one of the other 3.

I also though that the prices were quite inflated, and it always seemed like the other clubs had A LOT more money that you.

But its great to hear that they've went back to the drawing board. Two disappointing aspects of 2007 were that it looked exactly like 2006, and the squads weren't fully up-to-date.

Hopefully they will release a new version.

jerrakos said:
ive never played it, any good on PC?

i love cm its one of the best of PC, FM is a bit too slow for me.
I don't think you can get it for PC, but I may be completely wrong! :p

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
The big problem with the transfer system was the number of transfers. After 2/3 seasons most of the other teams had completely different squads to when they started.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm not sure whether to look into this too much but,

When I was on Play, I was searching for the new games to see when their released (PES, FIFA, FM etc) and it told me about them. But when I searched for LMA 2009, there wasn't one advertised.

Hopefully they are bringing one out, but atm, it doesn't look likely.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm bumping this, as I was talking to someone about LMA Manager today, so I decided to have a search. And I found this, on Wiki;

The series is currently on hold, after Codemasters decided not to create anymore games until further notice. The reason for doing so, was to focus on other projects. There is a speculation that Codemasters will start to work on LMA Manager 2011 in 2010.

However, at the end of the article it says;

Future LMA Manager Titles

Codemasters have announced that they have no plans to release another LMA Manager edition, much to the disappointment of many loyal LMA Manager fans. The announcement was made on the official LMA Manager forums. Although, the initial announcement reported that there would be no new LMA Managers in the next two years (2008 and 2009) it has become clear that there probably will not be another LMA Manager released in the future. Some LMA Players are calling for the Codemasters team to release new transfer updates if they do not plan to make any new editions of the game.

Many people are petitioning for Codemasters to make a new LMA Manager, which so far have been ignored by Codemasters.

No more LMA Managers is quite disappointing if true. It's not like they have any major competition on console either. :confused: Even if they did release new transfer updates though, that would be good and I'd be very happy with that :thumbsup:

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I always thought this was decent alternative to Football Manger. It was alot simpler and more easy to play.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Yeah, I'd heard that they had decided to not make any more LMA Manager games.

I'm very disappointed because there has been no Championship Manager on console since 2007 and no Football Manager this season. I can't remember the last time FIFA Manager came out on console.

In short, there is now no football management sims for console. :bye2: Since I don't have a PC at home I've been gutted about this for a while. :frown:

·
Registered
155 Posts
LMA was a top top game and i sincerly wish they would bring out another, i have had the LMA's since they first came out and they were brilliant, and i would possibly say that if LMA Manager 2009 was released then it would probably be a better game than Football Manager 2009, but i don't know it may be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts