Frazier Campbell - Spurs
Sam Hewson - Hereford United
Tom Cleverly - Leicester City
James Chester - Peteroborugh
David Gray - Plymouth.
Manucho - Hull City.
Zieler - Northampton Town.
Fabien Brandy - Hereford.

These are the players out on loan this season.
If you hear about their performances or goals scored etc.... write them up in this thread. Thanks

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Simpson and Brandy were unused subs.
Cathcart did not play.
Heaton played and his team drew 2-2.
Martin scored an beautiful 25 yard curler to the top corner as his Forest side won 3-2.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Brandy and Simpson on me
i will watch some their matches and follow their news
Brandy is one of my dad favourites and he keeps asking me about his form with Swansea

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm also enjoy looking out for our young players.

Hopefully, they get regular football, perform to a high standard and show the potential they have.

I was going to say about Martin scoring, but Jazz beat me to it :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forest extend Martin loan
United winger to stay at City Ground until 31st December

Nottingham Forest have extended the loan of Manchester United winger Lee
Martin until the end of December.

Martin originally joined Forest on a month's loan earlier in August and made his
debut in the Carling Cup win over Morecambe.

He has made three appearances for Forest to date and scored in last week's 3-2
win over Watford at the City Ground.

The 21-year-old sat out the midweek defeat by Sunderland, but is set to return
for Saturday's Championship clash at Wolves.

Martin has made two League Cup appearances for United and has previously had
loan spells at Rangers, Stoke, Plymouth and Sheffield United.

Z

·
0 Posts
Fraizer Campbell

Fraizer Campbell looks to have struck up a decent partnership with Darren bent, bagging an assist tonight in the UEFA Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7615242.stm

Darren Bent's second-half header gave Tottenham their first victory of the season over Polish team Wisla Krakow in the Uefa Cup at White Hart Lane.

Spurs took the lead when Aaron Lennon's cross was finished by David Bentley on 33 minutes, only for Tomas Jirsak to hit back 67 seconds later with a chip.

Substitute Fraizer Campbell gave Spurs fresh attacking impetus on 56 minutes.

And the former Hull striker's cross found Bent, who hit the net from six yards for a confidence-boosting win.

But the home side were made to work hard for their victory against a disciplined Wisla side, who created a number of problems for Juande Ramos' side.

Still searching for his best starting 11, the Spaniard could have done without the enforced absence of new signings Luka Modric, out with a knee injury, Vedran Corluka and Roman Pavlyuchenko, both cup-tied.

However, he recalled captain Ledley King, rested for the 2-1 defeat to Aston Villa, while restoring David Bentley, Giovani Dos Santos, Chris Gunter and Jermaine Jenas to form a side with a clear offensive intent.

Spurs sought to stamp their authority on the game from the off, harassing the visitors at every opportunity and adding some weight to their tag as second favourites for the tournament.

But despite dominating possession, Spurs failed to create the final delivery for strikers Darren Bent and Giovani.

It was not until a Jonathan Woodgate header from a corner in the 23rd minute, saved comfortably by Krakow keeper Mariusz Pawelek, that either side offered an attempt on target.

But the game sprang into life in the space of 67 seconds just after the half hour mark. First Aaron Lennon ran at the Krakow defence from the left before placing the game's first decent cross back for Bentley to slot left-footed into the far post.

But Spurs' season to date was typified when, in their next foray forward, Krakow equalised. Brozek neatly fed the unmarked Jirsak, who calmly chipped over the advancing Heurelho Gomes.

The visitors took advantage of Spurs' fragility at the back and could have had a second but for Gomes saving a 25-yard Roberto Cantoro drive.

Spurs began the second half as they did the first, their endeavour almost rewarded when Bentley forced Pawelek to tip over his rasping 20-yard drive before Giovani poked wide when through on goal.

Jenas and Lennon combined brilliantly before feeding Bent, who slotted home, but the striker had strayed into an offside position and the goal was ruled out.

This prompted changes from Ramos, with debutant on-loan striker Campbell and Jamie O'Hara replacing Lennon and Chris Gunter.

After a 20-minute period of graft with little end product, it was the fresh Campbell-Bent partnership which provided the breakthrough for Spurs.

The former Hull striker worked himself into space on the right before serving up a hanging cross to the back post, where Bent was waiting to head home.

Confidence now flowing, Spurs crafted two good chances in succession three minutes later, Pawelek firstly diving low to save from Gareth Bale and King heading just wide from the resulting corner.

Spurs almost sacrificed their lead with four minutes to go, a King mistake gifting Andrzej Niedzielan an opening, but the substitute was denied by a last-ditch tackle by Woodgate.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that Blade. Looks like he did well.
If anyone else hears about one of our loanee's playing then write it up in here.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
To see Frazier Campbell set up a goal for Darren Bent click here

Basically, Campbell turns a defender a delivers a better cross than anything we saw on Wednesday or Saturday :rolleyes:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Danny Simpson (Blackburn Rovers) - Simmo initially found starts hard to come by at Ewood Park, but has started Rovers' last four games - including three straight victories, having dislodged Andre Ooijer from Paul Ince's first team. Danny will not face United this weekend, as Premier League rules prohibit players from facing their parent clubs.

Fraizer Campbell (Tottenham Hotspur) - Since his deadline-day move to White Hart Lane, Fraizer has struggled to make a telling impact. The lightning-quick forward has caught the eye in three substitute appearances, but has yet to start for the struggling north Londoners.

Tom Heaton (Cardiff City) - The Reds' promising England youth keeper has been an ever-present in Cardiff's Championship campaign to date. The Bluebirds are in a mid-table cluster of clubs chasing the playoff slots, way behind early pace-setters Wolves and Birmingham, and Tom has kept three clean sheets.

Craig Cathcart (Plymouth Argyle) - The Northern Ireland youth international has started the last three games for the Pilgrims, with great success. Plymouth won at Watford and Crystal Palace, before registering a first clean sheet of the season against Nottingham Forest last Saturday, with Craig starting each time in the centre of defence.

Febian Brandy (Swansea City) - The diminutive striker is yet to make his first start, but has made five substitute appearances in the Swans' steady start to life in the Championship. Roberto Martinez's side are moored in the bottom half of the table, but have reached the last 16 of the League Cup.

Lee Martin (Nottingham Forest) - Forest have made a nightmare start to life in the Championship, and currently prop up the rest of the division, but Lee has been a regular starter since his temporary switch to the City Ground. He found the net in Forest's 3-2 win over Watford, but that has been their only victory of the season so far.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts

Form of Fraizer Campbell gives Spurs rare optimism

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article4877525.ece

Fraizer Campbell's arrival at White Hart Lane, on the back of two high-profile departures, supported the belief of some Tottenham Hotspur fans that they have become a feeder club for the high and mighty. The better the forward performs, the higher his valuation when he returns to Manchester United from his loan spell at the end of the season.

Tottenham have not explained why the deal did not include the option of a permanent move, but it appears to be a bigger mistake after Campbell's contribution against Wisla Krakow in the Uefa Cup first round. His pace and goal assist changed the direction of the first leg two weeks ago and his aggression led to a crucial own goal during the return match on Thursday as Tottenham stuttered through to the group stage of the competition.

Juande Ramos, the Tottenham head coach, must decide how to accommodate him against Hull City tomorrow, when Roman Pavlyuchenko is available again. But on what will be an afternoon of reacquaintances — Michael Dawson will meet Andy, his older brother, and Anthony Gardner swapped clubs in the summer — only one homecoming will really matter. Campbell's 15 league goals last season helped to lift Hull into the top flight.

“I'll see a couple of old friends, but there will definitely be no friends during the game,†he said. “I couldn't have predicted what has happened to Hull. Certainly, a lot of people wrote them off at the start of the season. But they're having a great start and hopefully they can continue that — after Sunday. Hopefully I can pick their brains better than they can pick mine.â€

United turned down Hull's £7 million offer to sign the forward, 21, in the summer. He made two appearances for Sir Alex Ferguson's side at the start of the season and played a crucial role in ensuring that Dimitar Berbatov could move to Old Trafford on transfer deadline day. Tottenham failed to sign several strikers to replace Berbatov and Robbie Keane, who joined Liverpool, and asked to take Campbell at the eleventh hour, which forced United to cancel a previous agreement to loan the striker to Wigan Athletic.

He scored 21 goals in 33 games on loan at Royal Antwerp, in Belgium, where he was nicknamed “Souper Campbellâ€. The forward, who gained nine GCSEs at Huddersfield Grammar School, is surprised that Tottenham are without a league win this season, their worst start to a campaign in 53 years. “We need to get a couple of wins under our belt and hopefully that can stop all the criticism,†he said. “I have been happy with my own performances, but I need to do a bit more work on my fitness. I enjoy playing next to Darren Bent, he wrks well for me and I try to do the same for him.â€

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Forest extend Martin loan
United winger to stay at City Ground until 31st December

Nottingham Forest have extended the loan of Manchester United winger Lee
Martin until the end of December.

Martin has made two League Cup appearances for United and has previously had
loan spells at Rangers, Stoke, Plymouth and Sheffield United.

I wonder what is going to happen to this lad. He has had a lot of loan spells.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
-Craig Cathcart scored a consolation goal for Plymouth today.

-Heaton kept a clean sheet for Cardiff away from home.

-Simpson played for Blackburn today. It finished 1-1.

-Brandy played 15 mins as a sub for Swansea.

-Martin did not play.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Cathcart to stay at Plymouth

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4695816,00.html

United youngster to finish season at Home Park

Manchester United defender Craig Cathcart will spend the rest of the season on loan at Plymouth Argyle.

Cathcart linked up with the Championship club in August and has become a key figure in Paul Sturrock's side.

The teenager has made 17 appearances for the Pilgrims in all competitions, scoring once against Ipswich Town.

Sturrock had been keen to hang on to Cathcart and the club have confirmed United have agreed to an extension.

The paperwork is set to be completed after Christmas and Cathcart is in line to start Boxing Day's game against Southampton.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I hope we don't sell Cathcart, and if we do hopefully we put a buy-back clause in there. He's one of the best talents we have imo.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
I hope we don't sell Cathcart, and if we do hopefully we put a buy-back clause in there. He's one of the best talents we have imo.

Fergie is a massive fan of craig cathcart so I dont think he will be going without getting his chance with the club .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Better add David Gray to that Jazz ;);

Gray makes Pilgrims move
Scotland Under 21 international completes loan move

Sturrock: Wants a striker

Manchester United youngster David Gray has joined Plymouth on loan until the end of the season.

The Premier League champions agreed to let the Scotland Under 21 international team up with fellow Red Devils starlet Craig Cathcart at Home Park.

Gray, 20, will finalised personal terms on Thursday and United's reserve team captain will be eligible for Plymouth's FA Cup third-round tie with Arsenal at Emirates Stadium.

Manager Paul Sturrock is also on the look-out for a striker during the transfer window and told the club's official website: "Scoring goals will be an area I am trying to do something about.

"We will attempt to strengthen that area of the team because, if you look at stats and figures, we haven't scored enough goals."

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
League One loans for young Reds

While Sir Alex Ferguson is continuing to blood some of his young players in the Reds' cup competitions this term, others are furthering their education with loan deals.

Reserves midfielder Sam Hewson is the latest burgeoning United talent to temporarily join another club, moving to League One strugglers Hereford United until early April.

Goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler, meanwhile, has extended his stay at Northampton Town until the end of January.

The German youth international has pushed himself into the first team picture at Sixfields, having been an unused substitute in the Cobblers' last four matches.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6624663

1 - 20 of 54 Posts