Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
united have in the main been able to keep many players here for the long term, but as we know things can change in an instant, so which of the current crop of players do you still see being at the club in say 3- 5 years time??

who are going to be the players that are here for the long haul and going to remain big stars over a long period of time....know a lot of things can happen and with fergie possibly going sometime during this period its hard to judge, but are any of the current squad players you rewackon will be here long into the future??

for me- certainly...rooney,evra, ferdinand may finish his career here depends on how long he keeps playing and form.

dont just think of players you'd like to see stick around, but ones you honestly think WILL 100% be here.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Evans - our best young player. There is no way fergie will sell this lad. Maybe the successor of ferdinand.
Fletch - great squad player. He proved that this season with his great performances when he was given the chance by SAF
Park - definitely staying. He has always played great games for us. He's pacey and always giving 110% on the pitch. He definitely possesses the needed quality to see him in the number 13 shirt for the next 3-5 years
Rafael - the best right back in the making. He just needs more experience and with teammates like nev, rio, vida, evra he can learn a lot from them. Same goes for his brother Fabio
O'shea - the most versatile player in our squad. He's a great cover for many positions (even as a GK :D)and I'm happy to see him play some matches in the first team recently
Hargreaves - His future will depend on his injuries. I hope his bad luck is over and if he can stay fit he'll definitely stay here for years to come

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
martinutd said:
Evans - our best young player. There is no way fergie will sell this lad. Maybe the successor of ferdinand.
Fletch - great squad player. He proved that this season with his great performances when he was given the chance by SAF
Park - definitely staying. He has always played great games for us. He's pacey and always giving 110% on the pitch. He definitely possesses the needed quality to see him in the number 13 shirt for the next 3-5 years
Rafael - the best right back in the making. He just needs more experience and with teammates like nev, rio, vida, evra he can learn a lot from a lot. Same goes for his brother.
O'shea - the most versatile player in our squad. He's a great cover for many positions (even as a GK :D)and I'm happy to see him play some matches in the first team recently
Hargreaves - His future will depend on his injuries. I hope his bad luck is over and if he can stay fit he'll definitely stay here for years to come
agree with your picks actually....some of the squad players or young players are probably more likely to be here than some of the more established stars. hargo is a 50/50 for me if he sorts his injuries could be a legend if not can only see him moving on

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I would say there are quite a lot actually. Brown, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, O'Shea, Fletcher, Park, Carrick, Rooney, Berbatov and Welbeck.

Hargreaves is also a possibility if he comes back in a good condition. Also, some of the other young players, like Possebon and Tosic, for example, may still be here depending on how they develop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm happy to see that Giggs will be around for at least another year. Giggs aside, I think we can anticipate the commitment of Van der Sar, Scholes, and Ferdinand. Easy picks, I know, but in the current market, it's hard to predict how long current players will stay.

I will say, however, that I'd love to see Rooney, Berba, and Vidic stay on.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I think in 2014....ill be looking at uniteds first 11 on a saturday and still be seeing

Carrick, Ferdy, Evra, Rooney, Anderson 100%

i could probs list a few more but these are dead certs in my eyes.

out of the youngsters the dead certs are

fabio rafael evans

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
You never know what will happen but Rooney, Berbatov, Giggs, Rio and Neville have all said they want to end their careers at United.

I think Scholes still wants to play for Oldham one day but the longer he stays at United the less likely that is to happen.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
rooney ,vidic ,evans i think these 3 will be around for a while 2 top players and a top prospect but in 5 years time a lot of this current squad will have retired or moved to new pastures .i get the feeling if real madrid came knocking a few of the current team would prefer to bail out thats just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its so hard to predict apart from the obvious like Rooney, Rio etc...
If someone isnt getting game time, then they will move on.
For example Fletch would have if Fergie didnt promise him games.....
Injuries to Hargo, Scholes etc.. have given him his chance. If not he would have left.
You cant begrudge a player wanting a move (Pique, Rossi etc..) if they want 1st team football.

having said that United have always been good at keeping players long term.
Lets hope the majority of the current crop stick around for many years to come.
and why wouldnt they if they are playing and successful?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hopefully its the success element that will keep players here like it has done before....player loyalty though generally is becoming more a thing of the past....sadly there are more than a few in the squad no matter how much we want them to stay wouldn't think twice if the right club with the right offer came in. some players no matter how great we were doing just have that thing in them that they want to move on after a while

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Ronaldo lol - but seriously Evans Rafael Fabio Ferdinand Vidic Evra Brown O'shea Park Giggs - if he retires he could get a coaching role possbly - same fo scholes and neville - Rooney will be a red devil for life Berba will be here for a while too, Tevez i'm not sure he might if we snap him up soonish, Welbeck, Carrick Tosic Hargo and possibly Tosic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts