Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
united have in the main been able to keep many players here for the long term, but as we know things can change in an instant, so which of the current crop of players do you still see being at the club in say 3- 5 years time??

who are going to be the players that are here for the long haul and going to remain big stars over a long period of time....know a lot of things can happen and with fergie possibly going sometime during this period its hard to judge, but are any of the current squad players you rewackon will be here long into the future??

for me- certainly...rooney,evra, ferdinand may finish his career here depends on how long he keeps playing and form.

dont just think of players you'd like to see stick around, but ones you honestly think WILL 100% be here.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
martinutd said:
Evans - our best young player. There is no way fergie will sell this lad. Maybe the successor of ferdinand.
Fletch - great squad player. He proved that this season with his great performances when he was given the chance by SAF
Park - definitely staying. He has always played great games for us. He's pacey and always giving 110% on the pitch. He definitely possesses the needed quality to see him in the number 13 shirt for the next 3-5 years
Rafael - the best right back in the making. He just needs more experience and with teammates like nev, rio, vida, evra he can learn a lot from a lot. Same goes for his brother.
O'shea - the most versatile player in our squad. He's a great cover for many positions (even as a GK :D)and I'm happy to see him play some matches in the first team recently
Hargreaves - His future will depend on his injuries. I hope his bad luck is over and if he can stay fit he'll definitely stay here for years to come
agree with your picks actually....some of the squad players or young players are probably more likely to be here than some of the more established stars. hargo is a 50/50 for me if he sorts his injuries could be a legend if not can only see him moving on

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hopefully its the success element that will keep players here like it has done before....player loyalty though generally is becoming more a thing of the past....sadly there are more than a few in the squad no matter how much we want them to stay wouldn't think twice if the right club with the right offer came in. some players no matter how great we were doing just have that thing in them that they want to move on after a while

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.