Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with chelsea's weak form to say the least

liverpool faulting hopefully with the loss of gerrard and torres

it looks astonishingly like villa could be gunning for a championship but may not have the pedigree to challenge for major honers yet

this all screams to me that our game in hand will be the most important game of the season.

when you look at it we will atleast have 4 maybe 5 points clear of the whatever team is in second place and for me with the way this season is 5 points might be all we need to bring this tittle home (not speaking to soon of corse)

but not ignoring united vs liverpool if we win this match in hand it gives us a rather strong chance of winning the title so for me its more important than the liverpool game as far as the title is concerned

anyone agree with my statement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you ask me, the game in hand against Fulham is basically just as important as any other game we've got left in the league.

Chelsea are out of the title race in my opinion which leaves us battling with Liverpool for the title which again makes the United vs Liverpool game the most important game of the season. It's a 6 pointer, it's the game where title dreams are more or less ended.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
This game against West Ham is extremely important. If we can go back on top tomorrow it would be huge, as Liverpool will struggle without Gerrard as evident today.

West Ham, Liverpool, and Fulham are the three games to watch to see if we are going to win the league.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
tbh there all important now pool are playing better than a few weeks ago so we need good points from all of our games, starting with a nice 3 points at upton park

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
bit of a cliche but at this point every game and point is important, just have to take things one game at a time and get the most out of each game we can- the hammers are gonna be a tough proposition, as long as we dont lose today we'll be well on track. with the defence playing as they have been think we'll nick this one which should set us up well for fulham next week

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Cappy said:
This game against West Ham is extremely important. If we can go back on top tomorrow it would be huge, as Liverpool will struggle without Gerrard as evident today.

West Ham, Liverpool, and Fulham are the three games to watch to see if we are going to win the league.
I absolutely agree.

Of course, every game is important but these three are the most important.

West Ham will be a difficult game today, and I'm quite nervous about it. If we drop points, it won't be a disaster with having the chance to put it right with the game in hand but the victory is important and will be a big victory if we get it.

As for Liverpool, depending on the results between now and then I think this will be the game that eithers ends the title race or blows it wide open again. It will have even more importance than it usually does, which will make an even better game hopefully.

And the Fulham game means that we can increase or get a lead at the top. Hopefully together with a victory over West Ham today it means we can go into the Liverpool game in a strong position and will hopefully mean we can close off the title race.

Whatever the situation though, it will mean for a great run-in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If we continue to play as we have been doing then the game v. the scousers at old Trafford will be irrelevant.

We're so much better than them it's embarrassing, and if they're to be our biggest challengers this season then we have no challengers. Let's get the League won, we can take a huge stride to that with a win at the Boleyn this afternoon.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Have we played Villa twice? or just the once and if we haven't played them a second time where are we playing them next?

EDIT: PS - 200 posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
hdcantona said:
Have we played Villa twice? or just the once and if we haven't played them a second time where are we playing them next?

EDIT: PS - 200 posts
We have them at home on the 4th of April in theory, but no doubt it wll be moved for TV .:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts