Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louis Saha plans to remain a RedDespite speculation linking Louis Saha with an Old Trafford exit, his advisors claim the Frenchman remains focussed on United's 2008/09 campaign.

The most recent press reports claim the 29-year-old could be used as a bargaining tool in an effort to bring Dimitar Berbatov, Karim Benzema or Roque Santa Cruz to United.

It's news to Saha's advisors, however, who told the Manchester Evening News their man will be reporting for pre-season training at Carrington, alongside his fellow United stars.

"There is nothing on the agenda until the club says otherwise,†one of Saha's advisors said. “At the end of the season, the club told Louis to report back for pre-season training and he is now on holiday."

Saha is not involved in France's Euro 2008 campaign.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i suppose, but who says we need to get rid of him anyway? i know we need another centre forward weather louis stays or goes, but if he stayed and stayed healthy for a full season he would give us a another good option all im saing is it's not a deffinate that he will be leaving :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
There's no harm in keeping him I suppose. If he's ever fit he'll chip in with a few goals and, let's face it, we were never going to get much for an injury-prone 30 yr old anyway.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i kind of agree dwarfy, one thing to think about though, he's an exspensive reserve team player isn't he, 60k a week aint it ? it's a bit steep for about 10 appearences a season

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I really like Saha, so i wouldn't be happy to see him go. But the question remains, how will he fit into the squad, with the new striker + Mancuho & Rooney-Tevez all up there..

My bet is he will probably be sold with the first acceptable offer we get for him.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Drew9 said:
ihe's an exspensive reserve team player isn't he, 60k a week aint it ? it's a bit steep for about 10 appearences a season
Exactly! Who'd buy him?!

There aren't many clubs that can afford £60k per week and I don't think those that can will be tempted to buy him.

Even if he was offered as part of a deal for another player e.g. Benzema, Berbatov etc how much would he knock off the transfer fee? I can't see him being valued at more than a few million.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Woohoo, Cmon Louis.....
He gets a last chance from me too.
He is class, he just needs a bit of luck....

Saying that, if he were used in a swap for Berba or Benzema then Id
say Get on yer bike, and good luck.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
reddwarf said:
Nooooooooo!

He'll fall off, injure himself and ruin the deal! :eek:

:D
No its cool, dont worry Dwarfy....its a special bike with stabalisers,
6 wheels and covered in cotton wool.:)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol dwarfy the only way the boy will go is if we can conn someone like west ham, they pay ridiculous wages, hay either way i dont mind, wouldnt mind if he stayed and i wouldnt mind if he went :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Wow from the last thread everyone seem's to of changed there tune a bit!

I think he's a decent player and don't mind keeping him as long as we do invest in another out and out striker!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
If he can stay fit he can start every match as far as i'm concerned. Fantastic player. Anyone who knows football will agree a fit Saha is deadly as anyone. Saying that, that is if he can come back from all his injury set backs and get into his form from when we just signed him from Fulham

1 - 20 of 36 Posts