Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
i did make me laugh on sunday after the likes of tevez rooney rio and vida, to giggsy scholesy carrick and ronaldo bloody sweat and tears went into that season to get their hands on the trophy, and who was one of the first players to get thir hands on the most coverted legue title in the world ? ... yeah you guessed it king louis (the injured one) bowled it straight to the front and grabbed it off ryan giggs ? i was sat in the stand at wigan stunned really, such a jubulant day but where does this lad get the balls to lift the trophy when all he's done all season is (to put it politely) Bottle it ! disgraceful funny how he was suddenly fit enough to play in a game when theres glory to be bathed in at the final whistle, me and the vast majority of the fans at wigan shared the same views, he's a fair weather fairy and i dont like him one bit !
I think this shows that you have an unfair hatred of the man.

Yes he is injured most of the time.

But are you trying to say he does it on purpose? Or that he fakes his injuries and comes out when theirs glory to be found?

If thats what your saying, I find your attitude disgraceful.

Its not his fault when he gets injured, and its not his fault when he re-gains fitness.

And do you think he really likes being injured most of the time? It must be really upsetting, and just as frustrating, even more frustrating, for him than it is for us.

And I mean, playing 17 League games and scoring 5 league goals this season doesn't merit being allowed to celebrate the Title win does it? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
i was sat in the stand at wigan stunned really, such a jubulant day but where does this lad get the balls to lift the trophy when all he's done all season is (to put it politely) Bottle it !
Drew9 said:
disgraceful funny how he was suddenly fit enough to play in a game when theres glory to be bathed in at the final whistle!
If your not saying its his fault, then what are those comments about? :rolleyes:

And he has played 17 matches and scored 5 league goals.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
sparkic said:
I think anyone who scores deserves a medal no..? He did score what 5 this season? What about that winner vs Sunderland when he scored with his head comming off the bench to get the winner and played with an injury...that gave us 3 points and hey look we won the league by 2 points! I really don't like the critisism of him because we all know injuries are not his fault and its apart of football and it happens to everyone and even other great players. Instead we should show him support and try to get him fully fit asap because as we all know a fully fit Saha is as much as deadly as a Torres on ful form. A goal a game ensured imo...mind you he did only start 6 EPL games and did score more than Kuyt (the worlds best striker lmao) who only got 3 goals - 2 from the penalty spot in one game vs 9 men!!!
Thats exactly how I feel.

The Saha haters are talking about how he never contributed. But yet he made more PL appearances than a couple of other players.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
Guardian

Louis Saha, the luckless Manchester United striker, admitted last night that his injury problems could force Sir Alex Ferguson to replace him after the Champions League final. Saha, who is attracting tentative interest from several French clubs, spoke of another "hard, hard season" after being restricted to only six starts in the Premier League.

He is, however, expected to be on the bench in Wednesday's final and he said he would take his inspiration from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's heroic contribution, as a late substitute, in the 1999 final against Bayern Munich. "It would be a great way to end the season. To be talking now of a Champions League final is great and it makes it a lot easier for me personally. I see it as a big chance for me to prove I can help the team. I will try to get my head right, that's the main thing. I have been training for a week and, right now, I feel very good. It's the job of the management to pick the team and I accept that I won't start the game. But it's great just to be part of it and it would be unbelievable if I could do what Ole did."
Thats a very sad interview.

You can see from that interview he wants to play, and wants to do well.

It must be awful for him. I hope he gets fit over the summer, and is able to come out of his injury troubles. But everyone seems to say this everytime he gets fit again.

But if he does score in the CL final like Ole I bet all the Saha haters magically come and talk about how much the supported him through his injuries etc :rolleyes:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
sweet fa said:
yeah - sadly about 12 appearances in 18 months and he did not win us the league he almost cost us it.
a fully fit saha is a good striker but when are saha's fan club gonna realise he is very rarely fit , any decent striker at utd should score that ratio of goals due to utds attacking play and the amount of chances they get per game.:confused:
And when are the Saha haters club going to realise its not his fault hes injured, and that he did contribute this season.

Remember his winning goal against Sunderland at Old Trafford, that if we didn't win that game we would be in a much worse position than we were at the time? :rolleyes:

Obviously not because the Saha haters club have selective memories :rolleyes:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I've already made my views on Saha clear in another thread, so I'm not going to repeat myself.

Go to the other thread and stop being so lazy :p

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
manutd004, what if he were fit more often, then this championship would have been tied up probably a month ago, i dont think anyone hates him at all but people have lost faith and when that happens it's difficault to stay positive about him, the ratio of goals he's got this season isn't exactly great is it .. i bet dean windass would of bagged more than 5 for us this season with the amount of chances we create :)
There is no way you can say whether it would have been or not.

Maybe if Rooney had scored more of his chances, as he has missed A LOT this season, the Championship would have been tied up quicker.

Maybe if the central-midfield had contributed more goals, we would have the title wrapped up earlier.

Maybe if the central-defence had contributed more goals, we would have the title wrapped up earlier.

Maybe if someone other than Ronaldo had got 20+ goals we would have the title wrapped up early.

Maybe if we had gotten more penalty decisions that we should have, we would have the title wrapped up earlier.

The list could go on, but it is all ifs, buts, and maybes. You or your crystal ball must be pretty magic if you can GUARANTEE that the title would have been wrapped up earlier had he been fit :rolleyes:

The ratio of goals hes scored this season isn't great. 5 league goals in 12 league games? Thats is a good ration imo.

And yes, people do hate Saha. That I can guarantee.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
manutd004 are you louis saha in disguise lol, yes that list of your could go on but fact is he's payed to score more than 5 goals a year i can tell you that for free, i certainly dont hate him as i've said he's decent but rarely fit, you can let rooney off because of the work he puts in and how many goals he helps create :)
The point I was making is that you are throwing all the blame on Louis Saha and you can't do that.

Lets all blame Saha. Its all his fault we went to the last game of the season. It had nothing to do with our poor performances in certain games, or some dodgy refereeing decisions.

It was all Louis Sahas fault :rolleyes:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
no but what im saying is we need someone that can get through the warm up's so we dont have to throw john o'shea on as a centre foward in games mate, the way the transfer markets panning out it looks as if the only striker we'v ot a chance of getting is berbatov and im not sure he's what we need ? but one things for certain we need someone especially if fraizer is going to hull again for on more season, manutd004 we know u obviously are in favour of louis but it does look likely that he's had enough chances now, however i'd love to be proved wrong and for him to score and help the side win the champions league :D
I'm not saying I love the fact that hes always injured.

But I think the abuse he takes is uncalled for and unfair. Its not his fault he gets injured. Hes just unlucky, as many other players have been.

I hope he comes out of his injury situation but we seem to say that everytime he's fit again.

And the signs don't look promising regarding his future. Even he says he thinks he's going. But if he does go, he'll certainly have my thanks and best wishes.

But I suppose you've forgotten about Manucho ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
i certainly haven mate, i've watched manucho a few times and he looks a real handful, really good technically aswell, i still feel we need another body in there though incase manucho is taking time to settle and with tevez likely to be called up for the olympic squad then we certainly will need somebody, also it would be just our luck for saha to move on and stay fit for the season and bang in about 20 goals, you just have to look at roque santa cruz i bet bayern are kicking them selves lol
tbh, I'm more excited about seeing Manucho play for us than any potential new signing.

I think he'll be incredible for us, although we probably do need another striker.

Eto'o or Santa Cruz imo

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Well thats not entirely true.....
We won the League by 2 points. If he hadnt scored that goal we might have still
won the league.

Im a big Saha fan and felt the treatment he has gotten off fans is pretty
disgraceful. It hurts any footballer to not play and to be in the treatment
room for long periods at a time. Saha on form and fit is a lethal player, as we
saw at the start of the 06/07 season. The goal against Chelsea and about
10 others in the first half of the season. He was a big player for us during that
time, which a lot of people tend to overlook.

His time does appear to be up. It's sad to say but he is just too injury prone
and we cant rely on him when we really need him.
Saying that, Id be delighted if he came off the bench against Chelsea and did the business.
Thats exactly how I feel Jazz.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts