Jazz 16 said:
Well thats not entirely true.....
We won the League by 2 points. If he hadnt scored that goal we might have still
won the league.

Im a big Saha fan and felt the treatment he has gotten off fans is pretty
disgraceful. It hurts any footballer to not play and to be in the treatment
room for long periods at a time. Saha on form and fit is a lethal player, as we
saw at the start of the 06/07 season. The goal against Chelsea and about
10 others in the first half of the season. He was a big player for us during that
time, which a lot of people tend to overlook.

His time does appear to be up. It's sad to say but he is just too injury prone
and we cant rely on him when we really need him.
Saying that, Id be delighted if he came off the bench against Chelsea and did the business.
True, I was just trying to illustrate that every contribution adds up, no matter how small. He played 11 times in total, 6 of them as a substitute and scored five goals. What was he supposed to do, not celebrate? If he'd moped around there would be a thread on 'Mardy Louis Refuses to Celebrate With Team Mates'.. He can't win. If Ben Foster had been there, he would have rightly held the trophy aloft too. He only played against Derby, but what a telling contribution that was.

That said he's about as useful as a cement mixer in a desert, and will rightly leave the club in the summer. I don't care how good he is on his day, because his days are too few and far between.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dlan4327 said:
It's not his fault. :p I say let him have the trophy. He genuinely talented, tries so hard and can't help that's he's made of glass.

Poor fella. I mean shouldn't we all be feeling sorry for him? Football's his life and at the age of 29 he's going to have to retire.

I'm turning 21 and I'm trying to picture myself working for 8 years and then having to retire and find a way to support myself for the next 50 years.

Please tell me you are joking. Feel sorry for him??

The man is on at least £50,000 a week... A WEEK..!! That is more than most people earn in a year. Now consider that the average person will work for about 45 years in their lifetime, and compare that with the 50 weeks that make up a year, and your sympathy for Louis should disipate.

In one year alone he earns more, much more than the avreage person does in a lifetime. He's been at United 3 and a half years, and re-negotiated his contract once. So that's 2 signing on fees, a cut of his transfer fee, and 170 odd weeks pay. That's before you factor in what he earned at Newcastle/Metz and Fulham.

Oh, and according to reports he's injured for Wednesday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts