Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think anyone who scores deserves a medal no..? He did score what 5 this season? What about that winner vs Sunderland when he scored with his head comming off the bench to get the winner and played with an injury...that gave us 3 points and hey look we won the league by 2 points! I really don't like the critisism of him because we all know injuries are not his fault and its apart of football and it happens to everyone and even other great players. Instead we should show him support and try to get him fully fit asap because as we all know a fully fit Saha is as much as deadly as a Torres on ful form. A goal a game ensured imo...mind you he did only start 6 EPL games and did score more than Kuyt (the worlds best striker lmao) who only got 3 goals - 2 from the penalty spot in one game vs 9 men!!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
sparkic said:
I think anyone who scores deserves a medal no..? He did score what 5 this season? What about that winner vs Sunderland when he scored with his head comming off the bench to get the winner and played with an injury...that gave us 3 points and hey look we won the league by 2 points! I really don't like the critisism of him because we all know injuries are not his fault and its apart of football and it happens to everyone and even other great players. Instead we should show him support and try to get him fully fit asap because as we all know a fully fit Saha is as much as deadly as a Torres on ful form. A goal a game ensured imo...mind you he did only start 6 EPL games and did score more than Kuyt (the worlds best striker lmao) who only got 3 goals - 2 from the penalty spot in one game vs 9 men!!!
Thats exactly how I feel.

The Saha haters are talking about how he never contributed. But yet he made more PL appearances than a couple of other players.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
ha ha like david may in CL in 1999.....

actually stood on the back of the podium above everyone....

David who...lol??
Ha hA!! ya I always laugh when I see that photo!!

Louis had a tough year not his fault... he got us two points against Sunderland at a time we were quite poor, we went on from strength to strength then so he deserves a little happiness after his terribly frustrating year!

Has any1 noticed they dont even bother with saha injury updates anymore!! god help him!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Drew9 said:
im not saying he means to get injured nor he likes getting injured, but if i had barely contributed all season i let the lads take the applause way before i did, do you not get my point? he came over to us dancing about and we were like no louis dont give it the big i am when you've stuggled to warm up properly all season. dont get me wrong i think his talent is un-questionable and hey he's a united player and if he was playing i'd back him all the way, it just annoyed me having seen all our players slog their guts out this season and at wigan in particular and he decided to snatch the trophy away from giggsy ... only a view of mine that i didnt really like :) but hey i can barley even remeber it ! brilliant day CHAMPIONS !
I doubt very much if Fergie would allow someone who wasn't desperate to play in his squad , therefore he must be genuinely injured or Fergie has lost his judgement of character. Fergie has always stressed the team and squad , I reckon he'd have the cleaners up there with Giggsy if they let him. Also , I really hope this isn't an issue about race. Saha is obviously prone to injuries and that's not his fault but you seem to be suggesting some "laziness" on his part which is a common stereotype thrown at the black community. I wonder if he was a white Manc you would feel the same about him? You might hate me for saying this but I think you need to look at yourself before you have a go at Saha. He always seems to give 100% to me and Fergie has no time for freeloaders so he wouldn't be around the place would he?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
race :| whata re you on about mate, thats quite a statement? and why on earth should i look at myself? do you by any chance ever go to united cos you sound like a crap politician mate awful suggestions your comming up with - as i've said many a time when he's fit he's on par with any centre foward in the league but as im saying and as the point of the thread, he simply isn't fit and does not contribute and yes 'desmondo' comapred to rooney or tevez he is extremely lazy,

and yes crooney i would agree but for someone whos being payed vast amounts of money is 12 games a ratio to be proud of then ? i think not, guys this is not a dig at saha it's a valid point he simply does not contribute

simply does not contribute enough

·
23,699 Posts
Shadow man Saha fears painful parting from United

Guardian

Louis Saha, the luckless Manchester United striker, admitted last night that his injury problems could force Sir Alex Ferguson to replace him after the Champions League final. Saha, who is attracting tentative interest from several French clubs, spoke of another "hard, hard season" after being restricted to only six starts in the Premier League.

Saha qualifies for a Premier League winner's medal, having also appeared 11 times as a substitute, but the Frenchman acknowledged that his contribution had been minimal and that it had become a familiar story during his four-and-a-half years at the club. In that time the £12.8m signing has started only 52 league games, going down to a succession of knee and hamstring problems, and his was a notably downbeat tone as he contemplated an uncertain future.

"I know it [the final] could be my last game, and I would understand if the manager went for another striker," said Saha. "It would be painful if he did and it's painful even to talk about it because I love the club so much. But it's been very hard for me this season.

"This is the best and biggest club in the world and the fact is that I've had very few chances. I do get miserable when I am injured and it's very tense for my family because I want to play and I want to win things, so when that chance is taken away from me I can't help but be in a bad mood. I'm 29 now and I wanted to improve again this year because that's what you have to do at a club like this. But it's difficult when you get injured. You are staying in the same place all the time."

Although Ferguson's priority is to sign another full-back, with Mikaël Silvestre likely to leave for Bordeaux and misgivings about whether Gary Neville will ever be the same player after his own injury problems, it is an open secret that United are looking for another striker. That would mean Saha either leaving or being relegated to the role of fifth-choice forward, and the former Fulham striker believes he has paid the price for trying to rush himself back to fitness. "United is like an express train and sometimes you try to catch it but it can be very risky," he said. "That's what I've tried to do this season."

Saha went on to express his concerns that he would almost certainly be overlooked by France for next month's European Championship. "I doubt I will go. I take playing for my country very seriously but I cannot expect to be picked when I've been out of the United side for so long."

He is, however, expected to be on the bench in Wednesday's final and he said he would take his inspiration from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's heroic contribution, as a late substitute, in the 1999 final against Bayern Munich. "It would be a great way to end the season. To be talking now of a Champions League final is great and it makes it a lot easier for me personally. I see it as a big chance for me to prove I can help the team. I will try to get my head right, that's the main thing. I have been training for a week and, right now, I feel very good. It's the job of the management to pick the team and I accept that I won't start the game. But it's great just to be part of it and it would be unbelievable if I could do what Ole did."

United have announced they will wait until August to hold their official homecoming if they win the Champions League final. It had been anticipated a victory parade would take place on Thursday but, mindful of the violence that accompanied Wednesday's Uefa Cup final in Manchester, city councillors and the police were in no mood to allow more football fans to pour on to the streets as Rangers' did. Although no precise date has been set, United officials have earmarked Solskjaer's testimonial against Espanyol on August 2 as the most appropriate occasion.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
Guardian

Louis Saha, the luckless Manchester United striker, admitted last night that his injury problems could force Sir Alex Ferguson to replace him after the Champions League final. Saha, who is attracting tentative interest from several French clubs, spoke of another "hard, hard season" after being restricted to only six starts in the Premier League.

He is, however, expected to be on the bench in Wednesday's final and he said he would take his inspiration from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's heroic contribution, as a late substitute, in the 1999 final against Bayern Munich. "It would be a great way to end the season. To be talking now of a Champions League final is great and it makes it a lot easier for me personally. I see it as a big chance for me to prove I can help the team. I will try to get my head right, that's the main thing. I have been training for a week and, right now, I feel very good. It's the job of the management to pick the team and I accept that I won't start the game. But it's great just to be part of it and it would be unbelievable if I could do what Ole did."
Thats a very sad interview.

You can see from that interview he wants to play, and wants to do well.

It must be awful for him. I hope he gets fit over the summer, and is able to come out of his injury troubles. But everyone seems to say this everytime he gets fit again.

But if he does score in the CL final like Ole I bet all the Saha haters magically come and talk about how much the supported him through his injuries etc :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
concentrate to put all the injuries behind him, and he stands a chance to keep his place in the squad. have a good pre-season, try to impress as much as possible. but i still think it could be a very interesting summer, he will be monitored closely

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
5 goals in 12 apparances i believe - quite a solid goal per game ratio....

yeah - sadly about 12 appearances in 18 months and he did not win us the league he almost cost us it.
a fully fit saha is a good striker but when are saha's fan club gonna realise he is very rarely fit , any decent striker at utd should score that ratio of goals due to utds attacking play and the amount of chances they get per game.:confused:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
sweet fa said:
yeah - sadly about 12 appearances in 18 months and he did not win us the league he almost cost us it.
a fully fit saha is a good striker but when are saha's fan club gonna realise he is very rarely fit , any decent striker at utd should score that ratio of goals due to utds attacking play and the amount of chances they get per game.:confused:
And when are the Saha haters club going to realise its not his fault hes injured, and that he did contribute this season.

Remember his winning goal against Sunderland at Old Trafford, that if we didn't win that game we would be in a much worse position than we were at the time? :rolleyes:

Obviously not because the Saha haters club have selective memories :rolleyes:

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Saha nearing the end

Louis Saha accepts that his Manchester United career could come to an end after the Champions League final against Chelsea.

The injury-plagued striker has started only five Premier League games this season and expects Sir Alex Ferguson to be in the market for a replacement in the summer.

Saha arrived at Old Trafford in a £12million move from Fulham in January 2004 but has suffered a series of injury problems.

As United prepare for the Champions League final in Moscow, the France international concedes it may mark his final involvement with the Barclays Premier League champions.

Saha said: "The future isn't in my hands, but I'll try to make it happen for me.

"I know this could be my last game, and I would understand if the manager went for another striker. It would be painful if he did because I love the club so much.

"I can't speak about my future too much really now, though. It's about the club. The main thing is to win the Champions League and maybe that will change things."

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
it's a ruthless business, who knows thugh if he proves himself in the final given the oppotunity ? but ys i believe even if he doesn leave there will certainly be another striker :D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
manutd004, what if he were fit more often, then this championship would have been tied up probably a month ago, i dont think anyone hates him at all but people have lost faith and when that happens it's difficault to stay positive about him, the ratio of goals he's got this season isn't exactly great is it .. i bet dean windass would of bagged more than 5 for us this season with the amount of chances we create :)

21 - 40 of 68 Posts