Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Much as I have enjoyed and appreciated his contributions he has become very expensive for five premier league starts and I guess we would be better off paying somebody else that much who could be fit for more starts. I would be extremely surprised if he were still with us next season so I would say thanks very much for your contribution and good luck wherever you go next!

·
Registered
566 Posts
he was excellent when he 1st arrived but now, i think the injuries slowed him down and affected his game alot in other aspects. during matches which he was involved, i often see him losing the ball cheaply. he should be the targetman holding up the ball for the others to attk but i cant see him doing that nowadays.i believe united should not keep him as he is clearly past his prime. a talented player though

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
manutd004, what if he were fit more often, then this championship would have been tied up probably a month ago, i dont think anyone hates him at all but people have lost faith and when that happens it's difficault to stay positive about him, the ratio of goals he's got this season isn't exactly great is it .. i bet dean windass would of bagged more than 5 for us this season with the amount of chances we create :)
There is no way you can say whether it would have been or not.

Maybe if Rooney had scored more of his chances, as he has missed A LOT this season, the Championship would have been tied up quicker.

Maybe if the central-midfield had contributed more goals, we would have the title wrapped up earlier.

Maybe if the central-defence had contributed more goals, we would have the title wrapped up earlier.

Maybe if someone other than Ronaldo had got 20+ goals we would have the title wrapped up early.

Maybe if we had gotten more penalty decisions that we should have, we would have the title wrapped up earlier.

The list could go on, but it is all ifs, buts, and maybes. You or your crystal ball must be pretty magic if you can GUARANTEE that the title would have been wrapped up earlier had he been fit :rolleyes:

The ratio of goals hes scored this season isn't great. 5 league goals in 12 league games? Thats is a good ration imo.

And yes, people do hate Saha. That I can guarantee.

·
Registered
736 Posts

SAHA: UNITED TIME MAY BE OVER

Striker Louis Saha admits his career at Manchester United could almost be at end.

The 29-year-old arrived at Old Trafford from Fulham in a £12million move in January 2004 but his time with the Red Devils has been beset by injury.

As United prepare for the Champions League final against Chelsea next week, the France international concedes it may mark his final involvement with the Barclays Premier League champions.

Saha said: "The future isn't in my hands, but I'll try to make it happen for me.

"I know this could be my last game, and I would understand if the manager went for another striker. It would be painful if he did because I love the club so much.

"I can't speak about my future too much really now, though. It's about the club. The main thing is to win the Champions League and maybe that will change things."-SportingLife

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
manutd004 are you louis saha in disguise lol, yes that list of your could go on but fact is he's payed to score more than 5 goals a year i can tell you that for free, i certainly dont hate him as i've said he's decent but rarely fit, you can let rooney off because of the work he puts in and how many goals he helps create :)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
manutd004 said:
And when are the Saha haters club going to realise its not his fault hes injured, and that he did contribute this season.

Remember his winning goal against Sunderland at Old Trafford, that if we didn't win that game we would be in a much worse position than we were at the time? :rolleyes:

Obviously not because the Saha haters club have selective memories :rolleyes:

its irrelevant who's fault it his he's injured {but i don't think it can be anybody else's}but he is just not playing the football to make any impact , and thats over the last 18 months.
i don't hate saha but when he is sat in the injury room for such a long time he is absolutley worthless to utd ,and his absence's has put a lot of strain on rooney in particular , how many times has saha got injured in the warm up :mad: .
saha has played an average of 15 games per season over 4 seasons thats about 30% of the games played that is not good enough from this world superstar that some of you reckon he is.get rid of him and replace him with some guy that is willing to put his body on the line for the club ,then you will see a massive improvment in utds attacking options !wait and see .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
manutd004 are you louis saha in disguise lol, yes that list of your could go on but fact is he's payed to score more than 5 goals a year i can tell you that for free, i certainly dont hate him as i've said he's decent but rarely fit, you can let rooney off because of the work he puts in and how many goals he helps create :)
The point I was making is that you are throwing all the blame on Louis Saha and you can't do that.

Lets all blame Saha. Its all his fault we went to the last game of the season. It had nothing to do with our poor performances in certain games, or some dodgy refereeing decisions.

It was all Louis Sahas fault :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
no but what im saying is we need someone that can get through the warm up's so we dont have to throw john o'shea on as a centre foward in games mate, the way the transfer markets panning out it looks as if the only striker we'v ot a chance of getting is berbatov and im not sure he's what we need ? but one things for certain we need someone especially if fraizer is going to hull again for on more season, manutd004 we know u obviously are in favour of louis but it does look likely that he's had enough chances now, however i'd love to be proved wrong and for him to score and help the side win the champions league :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
no but what im saying is we need someone that can get through the warm up's so we dont have to throw john o'shea on as a centre foward in games mate, the way the transfer markets panning out it looks as if the only striker we'v ot a chance of getting is berbatov and im not sure he's what we need ? but one things for certain we need someone especially if fraizer is going to hull again for on more season, manutd004 we know u obviously are in favour of louis but it does look likely that he's had enough chances now, however i'd love to be proved wrong and for him to score and help the side win the champions league :D
I'm not saying I love the fact that hes always injured.

But I think the abuse he takes is uncalled for and unfair. Its not his fault he gets injured. Hes just unlucky, as many other players have been.

I hope he comes out of his injury situation but we seem to say that everytime he's fit again.

And the signs don't look promising regarding his future. Even he says he thinks he's going. But if he does go, he'll certainly have my thanks and best wishes.

But I suppose you've forgotten about Manucho ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
i certainly haven mate, i've watched manucho a few times and he looks a real handful, really good technically aswell, i still feel we need another body in there though incase manucho is taking time to settle and with tevez likely to be called up for the olympic squad then we certainly will need somebody, also it would be just our luck for saha to move on and stay fit for the season and bang in about 20 goals, you just have to look at roque santa cruz i bet bayern are kicking them selves lol

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Drew9 said:
i certainly haven mate, i've watched manucho a few times and he looks a real handful, really good technically aswell, i still feel we need another body in there though incase manucho is taking time to settle and with tevez likely to be called up for the olympic squad then we certainly will need somebody, also it would be just our luck for saha to move on and stay fit for the season and bang in about 20 goals, you just have to look at roque santa cruz i bet bayern are kicking them selves lol
tbh, I'm more excited about seeing Manucho play for us than any potential new signing.

I think he'll be incredible for us, although we probably do need another striker.

Eto'o or Santa Cruz imo

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
The Galway Red said:
Without his goal late on against Sunderland at OT, nobody would have been picking up the trophy.
Well thats not entirely true.....
We won the League by 2 points. If he hadnt scored that goal we might have still
won the league.

Im a big Saha fan and felt the treatment he has gotten off fans is pretty
disgraceful. It hurts any footballer to not play and to be in the treatment
room for long periods at a time. Saha on form and fit is a lethal player, as we
saw at the start of the 06/07 season. The goal against Chelsea and about
10 others in the first half of the season. He was a big player for us during that
time, which a lot of people tend to overlook.

His time does appear to be up. It's sad to say but he is just too injury prone
and we cant rely on him when we really need him.
Saying that, Id be delighted if he came off the bench against Chelsea and did the business.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
won the league.

10 others in the first half of the season. He was a big player for us during that

Saying that, Id be delighted if he came off the bench against Chelsea and did the business.
Thats exactly how I feel Jazz.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
won the league.

True, I was just trying to illustrate that every contribution adds up, no matter how small. He played 11 times in total, 6 of them as a substitute and scored five goals. What was he supposed to do, not celebrate? If he'd moped around there would be a thread on 'Mardy Louis Refuses to Celebrate With Team Mates'.. He can't win. If Ben Foster had been there, he would have rightly held the trophy aloft too. He only played against Derby, but what a telling contribution that was.

That said he's about as useful as a cement mixer in a desert, and will rightly leave the club in the summer. I don't care how good he is on his day, because his days are too few and far between.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
It's not his fault. :p I say let him have the trophy. He genuinely talented, tries so hard and can't help that's he's made of glass.

Poor fella. I mean shouldn't we all be feeling sorry for him? Football's his life and at the age of 29 he's going to have to retire.

I'm turning 21 and I'm trying to picture myself working for 8 years and then having to retire and find a way to support myself for the next 50 years.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts