Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
united must go for him,he is tremendous and would fill the void when scholes retires,he is a superb passer of a ball and has great vision...A MUST FOR UNITED

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
There are many Modric fans on this forum. Crooney and a few of the lads have been bigging him up and he has been deserving of such praise.

Modric is a great player and would do well in most European teams but I feel we are well stacked in midfield. Young Anderson looks a fantastic prospect to take over Scholesy's place in a few years time if not before.

Carrick and Hargreaves mat not be technically gifted as Modric but they can add steel, diversity and steady performances. We have plenty of options in midfield and cant see a player of Modric' standing to get a look in at OT. We have the players and he is not needed imo.

And anyway heres hoping the Ginger Prince reigns supreme for many years to come :)

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
Jesus Christ!!

Luka Modric is nothing special. Anderson wipes the floor with him. Sure Modric is good going foward, goot footwork and good passing, but Anderson has all that, infact he is better, and Anderson is also a beast when it comes to defending.

If I see another Luka ****ing Modric thread on this forum Im actually going to punch a hole through my computer. We've got a serious case of the fanboy syndrome.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
mikeybhoy71 said:
united must go for him,he is tremendous and would fill the void when scholes retires,he is a superb passer of a ball and has great vision...A MUST FOR UNITED
COME ON, WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE! Now who do we have apart from Scholes that can do that, please tell me you know!? Thats an insult to Anderson! He has played fantastic, played Scholes roll superb except for the lack of goals, but we can't have it all are own way!

Yet all you can think about is getting Modric!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
guys - don't be mad at this new member of our forum - i know it pisses you off when someone talks about a player you 've never seen , but then again - he's probably Croat and we are a bit biased when it comes to our players, and he's probably young too... So let him be... but as Jazz said - we don't need him at the moment despite for the fact that he did outplay both of players that were considered to be better than him in head to head matches ( diego and van der vaart ). However if we decided to seel Carrick and Fletcher, and brought Modric we would have a fantastic crop of midfield players. Plus - anyone who says anderson would wipe the floor with him has never seen him play or is as biased as the person who says Modric is amoung the top 5 midfielders in the world...but with talking about luka non-stop we make a counter effect , because people would have either great expectations or would get sick hearing about him

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anderson's God said:
COME ON, WAKE UP, SMELL THE COFFEE! Now who do we have apart from Scholes that can do that, please tell me you know!? Thats an insult to Anderson! He has played fantastic, played Scholes roll superb except for the lack of goals, but we can't have it all are own way!

Yet all you can think about is getting Modric!
why didnt you read the thread first...when scholes RETIRES!,modric can play on the right,left or in the centre,a very adaptable midfielder,scholes is and always will be a legend,its all about opinions:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
mikeybhoy71 said:
why didnt you read the thread first...when scholes RETIRES!,modric can play on the right,left or in the centre,a very adaptable midfielder,scholes is and always will be a legend,its all about opinions:rolleyes:

Yes we have Anderson when Scholes retires !!! The lad is only 19! :rolleyes:

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
STOP TALKING ABOUT LUKA ****ING MODRIC OK?
He is not as good as anderson! I'm tired of everyone saying he is god like. 22 years old? Anderson has 3 years on him and is better. Modric CANNOT play on wing, he is not fast enough. He can only play centre mid, not defensively though mind you as he is practically a dwarf. Manchester United have a wealth of attacking options who are better than Modric so please stop this useless talk.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Justice said:
He is not as good as anderson! I'm tired of everyone saying he is god like. 22 years old? Anderson has 3 years on him and is better. Modric CANNOT play on wing, he is not fast enough. He can only play centre mid, not defensively though mind you as he is practically a dwarf. Manchester United have a wealth of attacking options who are better than Modric so please stop this useless talk.
so are scholes,rooney and tevez...your point ? you're so aggresive in your attitude .:eek: stop talking people to stop debating. Anderson has played , what 12 good matches and you're saying that he's already better than Luka who's been playing for the last 2 years on the same level . And he wiped the floor ( to use your expression ) with the likes of Riquelme, VDV and Diego when he met them ! As I said - we don't need him at the moment but believe me - he is better than any of our centre midfielders except Scholes and he's not far away of him too. He is definitely scholes' type of player and imo we should sell Carrick and Fletcher ( who I admire for his attitude) and buy Modric. If Carrick's worth 18 mil pounds then Modric is at least 25 ¨! i mean if Skele, for instance can say that ivanovic is better than vididc and the others accept that just because he's signed for chelsea, why should modric be any different only because his club rejected offers from chelsea, spurs, newcastle and co. plus he is the top priority by arsenal fans, then it means, justice, that many people think he's great

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
so are scholes,rooney and tevez...your point ? you're so aggresive in your attitude .:eek: stop talking people to stop debating. Anderson has played , what 12 good matches and you're saying that he's already better than Luka who's been playing for the last 2 years on the same level . And he wiped the floor ( to use your expression ) with the likes of Riquelme, VDV and Diego when he met them ! As I said - we don't need him at the moment but believe me - he is better than any of our centre midfielders except Scholes and he's not far away of him too. He is definitely scholes' type of player and imo we should sell Carrick and Fletcher ( who I admire for his attitude) and buy Modric. If Carrick's worth 18 mil pounds then Modric is at least 25 ¨! i mean if Skele, for instance can say that ivanovic is better than vididc and the others accept that just because he's signed for chelsea, why should modric be any different only because his club rejected offers from chelsea, spurs, newcastle and co. plus he is the top priority by arsenal fans, then it means, justice, that many people think he's great
How has he been playing at a higher level porto are a much bigger club than the one modric plays for :confused: Also he is a very weak player and althougth he has alot of skill i don't think he would be a good player for united he would suit arsenal or a club in italy.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Justice said:
Now, Now....

No need to be nasty is there ?

If people choose to talk about Modric there is not much you or I can do about it....

It's a forum after all so they can choose their own subjects as long as it is within the rules.

You say Anderson is better - thats fine - that's your opinion - others may think
differently :)

If you see something you don't like - ignore it - easy .....

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
I've already said this before that is why I'm annoyed. Yes I am saying Anderson is better. I could play as good as Modric in the Croatian league tbh. Anderson is one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment, just watch him when we played Arsenal, he took Cesc out of the game, and Cesc is one of the best in Europe. Modric is 22 years old. Very little development left. In a few years no one will remember Modric, but Anderson is truly one of the midfielding greats.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts