Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
There are many Modric fans on this forum. Crooney and a few of the lads have been bigging him up and he has been deserving of such praise.

Modric is a great player and would do well in most European teams but I feel we are well stacked in midfield. Young Anderson looks a fantastic prospect to take over Scholesy's place in a few years time if not before.

Carrick and Hargreaves mat not be technically gifted as Modric but they can add steel, diversity and steady performances. We have plenty of options in midfield and cant see a player of Modric' standing to get a look in at OT. We have the players and he is not needed imo.

And anyway heres hoping the Ginger Prince reigns supreme for many years to come :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This thread has gone a bit looney. For those who have seen Modric play know he is a quality player with huge potential. He would make most first 11's in European teams.....but not at United.
We are well stacked in MF as people have pointed out so this thread is a bit hypothetical. Good luck to Modric wherever he goes but it wont be OT.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Justice said:
You, my friend, are an idiot. Cesc-Flamini situation??? Flamini is shit!!! Cesc is about 5 times better than him, no exaggeration. Flamini knows he is a bench warmer who occasionaly gets games, like Carrick and Fletcher. Modric is physically weak and would be slaughtered in the English game.
Flamini has been a revelation this season. He does all the donkey work in the team to allow the likes of Cesc, Hleb, Rosicky etc to motor forward and get in on the action. Flamini has kept Gilberto out of the team ALL season. Gilberto is the cm for Brazil, was the captain of Arsenal and a great performer over the last few seasons. Flamini has been quality this season and has probably been Arsenal's MOST consistent performer this season and a big reason why they are level on points with us at the top of the Prem.

Cesc wouldnt be half as effective if he didnt have Flamini mopping up behind him.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Sorry Justice but Im with Crooney on this one. You have the right to your opinion but you will find that most people will think you are wrong (about the Flamini debate)..........

The whole Modric debate is a bit pointless in my eyes, but each to their own i guess. Anderson is new on the scene and to be making comparisons this early is a bit naive. Give him a chance to flourish and play a few games.

At present you could quite easily argue for and against Modric being better or not.
He probably is tbh, but Id rather have Anderson in my squad as he is younger and has much more potential at this point in his career. What Anderson has done so far in his United career has been remarkable but lets see how he gets on after a season or two before we start making comparisons.

he was the new Ronaldihno when he came, which is a joke 'cos he plays nothing like him.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Justice said:
An odd mixture of Roy Keane's defensive work and Paul Scholes attacking brilliance. Read 'em and weep Europe.
I have to say i loved your last 2 lines :)
I agree with everything you have to say about Anderson. He WILL be world class but in a few years.
I think this debate has now run its course.
We all know Crooney is in love with Modric anyway:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts