Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
guys - don't be mad at this new member of our forum - i know it pisses you off when someone talks about a player you 've never seen , but then again - he's probably Croat and we are a bit biased when it comes to our players, and he's probably young too... So let him be... but as Jazz said - we don't need him at the moment despite for the fact that he did outplay both of players that were considered to be better than him in head to head matches ( diego and van der vaart ). However if we decided to seel Carrick and Fletcher, and brought Modric we would have a fantastic crop of midfield players. Plus - anyone who says anderson would wipe the floor with him has never seen him play or is as biased as the person who says Modric is amoung the top 5 midfielders in the world...but with talking about luka non-stop we make a counter effect , because people would have either great expectations or would get sick hearing about him

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
STOP TALKING ABOUT LUKA ****ING MODRIC OK?
He is not as good as anderson! I'm tired of everyone saying he is god like. 22 years old? Anderson has 3 years on him and is better. Modric CANNOT play on wing, he is not fast enough. He can only play centre mid, not defensively though mind you as he is practically a dwarf. Manchester United have a wealth of attacking options who are better than Modric so please stop this useless talk.
so are scholes,rooney and tevez...your point ? you're so aggresive in your attitude .:eek: stop talking people to stop debating. Anderson has played , what 12 good matches and you're saying that he's already better than Luka who's been playing for the last 2 years on the same level . And he wiped the floor ( to use your expression ) with the likes of Riquelme, VDV and Diego when he met them ! As I said - we don't need him at the moment but believe me - he is better than any of our centre midfielders except Scholes and he's not far away of him too. He is definitely scholes' type of player and imo we should sell Carrick and Fletcher ( who I admire for his attitude) and buy Modric. If Carrick's worth 18 mil pounds then Modric is at least 25 ¨! i mean if Skele, for instance can say that ivanovic is better than vididc and the others accept that just because he's signed for chelsea, why should modric be any different only because his club rejected offers from chelsea, spurs, newcastle and co. plus he is the top priority by arsenal fans, then it means, justice, that many people think he's great

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
I've already said this before that is why I'm annoyed. Yes I am saying Anderson is better. I could play as good as Modric in the Croatian league tbh. Anderson is one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment, just watch him when we played Arsenal, he took Cesc out of the game, and Cesc is one of the best in Europe. Modric is 22 years old. Very little development left. In a few years no one will remember Modric, but Anderson is truly one of the midfielding greats.
lol you're a funny bloke. did you even see the thing i wrote... i said modric has been doing great for both national team and this season in uefa cup he outplayed every midfielder that faced him... not some poor croatian league. and where was anderson when cesc was scoring against us if you wont to play that game, and to everyone who think modric is weak i can say that they clearly didn't see how he wrestled out jaap stam or how he wiped lampard and gerrard of the park at wembley:p
oh and if you really want to rate our league - you just need to take a look how eduardo and corluka have been doing at their clubs - and he is on the different level to them

rydersonthestorm said:
How has he been playing at a higher level porto are a much bigger club than the one modric plays for :confused: Also he is a very weak player and althougth he has alot of skill i don't think he would be a good player for united he would suit arsenal or a club in italy.
what do you mean he's weak ? - so he can play for arsenal and not for us ? well playing alongside cesc is quite a recognition:p

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Andreas_svan said:
I think we actually have a great team, we must buy him, him and him. The team is great and we dont really need a new player, and definitely not on the midfield.
agree, but myself, being a croat would like to see such a good croat playing for my favourite team... i know that's not a possibility though

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I mean in regards to physical strength i don't think he would suit united's quick dynamic style of pace and power, were as his skill level and the way he plays would suit an arsenal or an italian side more.
oh , i understand... but arsenal play if not the quickest football in the world .... i remember once bilic saying that the key of arsenal's game is that they have 9 players who can run under 11 seconds per 100 meters ( I think those were the numbers, I don't know for sure, but it was smething surprisinlgy fast. the other team usually have 4-5 those players). as for modric - my personal opinion is that he is capable of playing everywhere especially in EPL, but Spain would be ideal for him

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
No. No it wouldnt. One would succeed and the other would have his career ruined. Thats horrible. Seeing as Anderson is better that would mean your hero turning into a colossal failure.
nah - i'd take the other was around it would be something similar to cesc - flamini situation - flamini has been given a chance sooner than cesc - then cesc came in and completely outshadowed him with making him the DMF - and that is excactly what Luka would do to Anderson :p :p ;)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
You, my friend, are an idiot. Cesc-Flamini situation??? Flamini is shit!!! Cesc is about 5 times better than him, no exaggeration. Flamini knows he is a bench warmer who occasionaly gets games, like Carrick and Fletcher. Modric is physically weak and would be slaughtered in the English game.
lol, how old are you - 12 ?! grow up lad and learn reading well

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
lol

Yeah Red I know, got a warning from Red Master, my bad.

and I disagree Jazz. Thats his job, the donkey work. He cant do anything else. Cesc playing poorly is still better than him. Was just pointing out the differences between Cesc-Flamini relationship and the potential Anderson-Modric relationship
well it seems that "only the donkey work" was enough to neutralise our entire firepower against milan. you're underestimating the most important position in world football nowadays. Around that position team is built on. Look at the fact when Real's decline and Chelsea's rise begun - with Makeleleswaping clubs . The same problem happened to us when we lost Keano.And milan's gattuso is one of their main players. you can laugh all you want but that's a fact

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
Your misunderstanding a central midfielders and a defensive midfielders duty. Gattuso, Makelele and Keane were defensive, where as Flamini and Cesc share duties. Cesc is the creative half and Flamini does the running when Diaby and Rosicky are injured or playing elsewhere. I cant believe im replying to a post comparing Mathieu Flamini to Roy Keane.
I can't believe I'm replying to a person that called me "an idiot". Well, if you read it properly ( i warned you before about that, right ?) you'd see that I compared only their duties, not abilities... And by being cmf ( dmf is still cmf with more defensive duties) their duties can be compared. Everyone here agree's that Flamini is one of the reasons of Arsenal's revival exept you and you're still pushing your head through the wall. Learn to accept facts. Now this Modric thing went to far only because of your aggressive attitude towards the lad, i'm not getting dragged into some useless debate because I don't see a reason for it. For me - Modric is better than Anderson , for you it's vice versa - end off

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
Alrite alrite whatever my opinion that Modric is not worth all the hype seems to be disbounded by the mass so its automatically wrong. Rather alot like all of my statements in this thread. Anderson is 19 and playing AND succeeding at the highest level where Modric is 22 and playing tbh in a sunday league. Modric didnt impress me at the England game and I cant say I've seen more of him, but I will refuse to accept the comment that he is better than Anderson. Modric can play AMF. Anderson can and has played everything from the holding role to upfront and he's done this all in style. In 2 years (maybe less) no one will remember Modric, maybe he will get a move to a "big" club, but its more likely going to be a UEFA cup team rather than a Champ League team, but until then he's just going to fade away into the category "wasted potential". Anderson WILL be one of the best players in Europe, if not the World if he continues playing with this amount of skill. His development will sky rocket and we will have a beast of a midfielder on our hands. An odd mixture of Roy Keane's defensive work and Paul Scholes attacking brilliance. Read 'em and weep Europe.
now you're just being funny... You said that you hadn't seen luka before that match at wembley ( which was his worst match I have ever seen ) , but then you said that he can only play as an AMF... and you know that by.... ?and your ability to predict a future is unbelievable ( you should cash in on that with ).The way you predictedModric's career path is unique.And let me play a bit of your game - "I can't believe I'm responding to a person who compared Anderson to Scholes and Keane - the guy hasn't played a single whole season for us yet. Sheasy 's first season was remarkable too but he became "only" a utility man. listen - I really like Modric, and i like Anderson too - Anderson CAN become better than Cesc and CAN become one of the best cmf's in the world - somehow this thing became ridiculous Modric vs Anderson debate what makes no sense at all.

Jazz 16 said:
I have to say i loved your last 2 lines :)
I agree with everything you have to say about Anderson. He WILL be world class but in a few years.
I think this debate has now run its course.
We all know Crooney is in love with Modric anyway:D
No Jazz - why I'm still responding on this silly thread is because we all know Justice hates Modric to guts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Twas a mere joke Mr CROo.......
i know...sorry if you thoguht i didn't get it:p ;)

Justice said:
Oh fs shut up PLEASE. Stop licking Modric's arsehole and accept that we have no need for him. I accept your train of thought that Modric is better than Anderson, whatever, but how can you possibly suggest we need him. He is not better than Scholes and Scholes already has a deputy in Anderson. Can a mod just lock this thread or something, I think this arguement has petered out into a discussion of how hard I can slate him and how highly CRO can think of him.

From here on in I REFUSE to post in this thread again. I hope it dies and is forgotten.
:eek: FFS ! Did you even bother to read ANYTHING I SAID !!!! ?You are one strange lad, you know that !? I've said a couple of times that WE DON'T NEED HIM ! And you instead of just saying that we don't need him too, you started slating him for no reason making silly comparisions to Anderson ! What's wrong with you ?! L E A R N T O R E A D F O R O N C E I N Y O U R L I F E !And start paying attention ! IT WILL HELP YOU ONE DAY. To finish school for starters

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
I would love to have Modric, he is a great passer and very creative we need that, but Levy will force us to break a bank on him. Spurs bought Berbatov for £10m and sold him for £31m. Spurs signed Modric for £17m so i don't want to the think about the price we'll have to pay for him.
not unless carrick gets involved as a part of the deal...but it ain't gonna happen

can't blame the guy for dreaming right ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Oh come on! You lot only prefer milner because he's english. Christ! This Modric rumour doesn't seem to be a rumour though..Its rare that i see rumours spreading like wildfire at this rate. Fergie doesn't normally go for these type of players its true but that's because he's always had Scholes and now that Carrick hasn't fulfilled himself i think he realises that he needs a replacement first and foremost and there's nobody better to do that than Modric (he's still 24!).

Plus we have young Tom Cleverley coming through and he's english so forget about Carrick (yes i'm assuming that Cleverley will get some first team action next season).

I'm so excited! I have a good feeling we'll be signing Modric soon...
Manchester United linked with summer move for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric - Telegraph

i don't that fergie doesn't like his type of player because luke is not a typical trequartistta, he's a deep lying playmaker....in fact he's a box to box playmaker

1 - 20 of 23 Posts