Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Justice said:
I've already said this before that is why I'm annoyed. Yes I am saying Anderson is better. I could play as good as Modric in the Croatian league tbh. Anderson is one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment, just watch him when we played Arsenal, he took Cesc out of the game, and Cesc is one of the best in Europe. Modric is 22 years old. Very little development left. In a few years no one will remember Modric, but Anderson is truly one of the midfielding greats.
very little development left at 22?????,what kind of statement is that,the croatian league is of a decent standard and modric would flourish in a united midfield,i agree that anderson is a superb player...but modric is as well and fergie would make him better

·
Registered
29 Posts
No need. Anderson is surely the new Rivaldo and we can't lose him. He is our future. Just 7 months after his arrival he has adapted quickly which is really hard for Brazilians so i think we're better off with Anderson.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Moussa said:
No need. Anderson is surely the new Rivaldo and we can't lose him. He is our future. Just 7 months after his arrival he has adapted quickly which is really hard for Brazilians so i think we're better off with Anderson.
NOBODY IS SAYING MODRIC SHOULD REPLACE ANDERSON...BUT PLAY WITH HIM:D

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
I've already said this before that is why I'm annoyed. Yes I am saying Anderson is better. I could play as good as Modric in the Croatian league tbh. Anderson is one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment, just watch him when we played Arsenal, he took Cesc out of the game, and Cesc is one of the best in Europe. Modric is 22 years old. Very little development left. In a few years no one will remember Modric, but Anderson is truly one of the midfielding greats.
lol you're a funny bloke. did you even see the thing i wrote... i said modric has been doing great for both national team and this season in uefa cup he outplayed every midfielder that faced him... not some poor croatian league. and where was anderson when cesc was scoring against us if you wont to play that game, and to everyone who think modric is weak i can say that they clearly didn't see how he wrestled out jaap stam or how he wiped lampard and gerrard of the park at wembley:p
oh and if you really want to rate our league - you just need to take a look how eduardo and corluka have been doing at their clubs - and he is on the different level to them

rydersonthestorm said:
How has he been playing at a higher level porto are a much bigger club than the one modric plays for :confused: Also he is a very weak player and althougth he has alot of skill i don't think he would be a good player for united he would suit arsenal or a club in italy.
what do you mean he's weak ? - so he can play for arsenal and not for us ? well playing alongside cesc is quite a recognition:p

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think we actually have a great team, we must buy him, him and him. The team is great and we dont really need a new player, and definitely not on the midfield.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Andreas_svan said:
I think we actually have a great team, we must buy him, him and him. The team is great and we dont really need a new player, and definitely not on the midfield.
agree, but myself, being a croat would like to see such a good croat playing for my favourite team... i know that's not a possibility though

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yea idon't mean it's wrong with some new young blood, just that idon't wanna see these players sitting on the bench and not playing, as Nani does now from time to time, idont really know if he had some injury, who hadn't let go or so.

·
Registered
133 Posts
since I've seen Luka Modric playing many times I can also post few words about that boy.In this moment he's one giant giant step ahead of every other player from Croatia(like Corluka, Kranjcar, Eduardo from english PL).You'll see him definetely at coming European Championship. He's tremendous player,who really outplayed many great mid superstar player.Names like Diego,Lampard...should tell you everything.It would be fantastic deal for Man U to grab him and dismiss Carrick or Fletcher one day.Check his videos on Youtube and all Modric doubters bite yourself

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
what do you mean he's weak ? - so he can play for arsenal and not for us ? well playing alongside cesc is quite a recognition:p[/QUOTE said:
I mean in regards to physical strength i don't think he would suit united's quick dynamic style of pace and power, were as his skill level and the way he plays would suit an arsenal or an italian side more.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I mean in regards to physical strength i don't think he would suit united's quick dynamic style of pace and power, were as his skill level and the way he plays would suit an arsenal or an italian side more.
oh , i understand... but arsenal play if not the quickest football in the world .... i remember once bilic saying that the key of arsenal's game is that they have 9 players who can run under 11 seconds per 100 meters ( I think those were the numbers, I don't know for sure, but it was smething surprisinlgy fast. the other team usually have 4-5 those players). as for modric - my personal opinion is that he is capable of playing everywhere especially in EPL, but Spain would be ideal for him

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This thread has gone a bit looney. For those who have seen Modric play know he is a quality player with huge potential. He would make most first 11's in European teams.....but not at United.
We are well stacked in MF as people have pointed out so this thread is a bit hypothetical. Good luck to Modric wherever he goes but it wont be OT.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
it would be great having them both in midfield fighting for their places ;)
No. No it wouldnt. One would succeed and the other would have his career ruined. Thats horrible. Seeing as Anderson is better that would mean your hero turning into a colossal failure.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Justice said:
No. No it wouldnt. One would succeed and the other would have his career ruined. Thats horrible. Seeing as Anderson is better that would mean your hero turning into a colossal failure.
nah - i'd take the other was around it would be something similar to cesc - flamini situation - flamini has been given a chance sooner than cesc - then cesc came in and completely outshadowed him with making him the DMF - and that is excactly what Luka would do to Anderson :p :p ;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Justice said:

Exactly even if Anderson doesn't have the career experience in years, he has always played at a higher level for Fc Porto and Manchester United and then the CL. Some might even say Gremio is higher! I can see Modric not getting his chance at least while Scholes is around still!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
nah - i'd take the other was around it would be something similar to cesc - flamini situation - flamini has been given a chance sooner than cesc - then cesc came in and completely outshadowed him with making him the DMF - and that is excactly what Luka would do to Anderson :p :p ;)
You could be right.....

You could be wrong.....

Nobody will EVER know.....

Unless it happens.........;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
anderson is the best midfielder in the premiership next season most people will agree, he's learning the english game all the time and gettin better with every game, look at ronaldo he's gettin better every year, ronaldo's my fav player but even i would admit, anderson has impressed me more is in first few months than ronaldo, and i always said from he 1st arrived that ronaldo would be the best player in the world by the time he's 23!!! can't wait to see what anderson is like in a few more years, no need for someone like modric when we've got him!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
i dont think anderson can be outshadowed easily.....

21 - 40 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.