Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
now you're just being funny... You said that you hadn't seen luka before that match at wembley ( which was his worst match I have ever seen ) , but then you said that he can only play as an AMF... and you know that by.... ?and your ability to predict a future is unbelievable ( you should cash in on that with ).The way you predictedModric's career path is unique.And let me play a bit of your game - "I can't believe I'm responding to a person who compared Anderson to Scholes and Keane - the guy hasn't played a single whole season for us yet. Sheasy 's first season was remarkable too but he became "only" a utility man. listen - I really like Modric, and i like Anderson too - Anderson CAN become better than Cesc and CAN become one of the best cmf's in the world - somehow this thing became ridiculous Modric vs Anderson debate what makes no sense at all.

No Jazz - way I'm still responding on this silly thread is because we all know Justice hates Modric to guts
Oh fs shut up PLEASE. Stop licking Modric's arsehole and accept that we have no need for him. I accept your train of thought that Modric is better than Anderson, whatever, but how can you possibly suggest we need him. He is not better than Scholes and Scholes already has a deputy in Anderson. Can a mod just lock this thread or something, I think this arguement has petered out into a discussion of how hard I can slate him and how highly CRO can think of him.

From here on in I REFUSE to post in this thread again. I hope it dies and is forgotten.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Twas a mere joke Mr CROo.......
i know...sorry if you thoguht i didn't get it:p ;)

Justice said:
Oh fs shut up PLEASE. Stop licking Modric's arsehole and accept that we have no need for him. I accept your train of thought that Modric is better than Anderson, whatever, but how can you possibly suggest we need him. He is not better than Scholes and Scholes already has a deputy in Anderson. Can a mod just lock this thread or something, I think this arguement has petered out into a discussion of how hard I can slate him and how highly CRO can think of him.

From here on in I REFUSE to post in this thread again. I hope it dies and is forgotten.
:eek: FFS ! Did you even bother to read ANYTHING I SAID !!!! ?You are one strange lad, you know that !? I've said a couple of times that WE DON'T NEED HIM ! And you instead of just saying that we don't need him too, you started slating him for no reason making silly comparisions to Anderson ! What's wrong with you ?! L E A R N T O R E A D F O R O N C E I N Y O U R L I F E !And start paying attention ! IT WILL HELP YOU ONE DAY. To finish school for starters

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm a huge modric fan I must say. Before he came to Tottenham I always said he was one of the top midfielders in Europe, but after his first few months I thought maybe I had got him wrong. But in the second half of the season he showed his true colours as one of the most gifted playmakers about.

The problem with him is that he doesn't offer much in terms of hard work in midfield so you always need a tackler along side him. So for instance, Carrick and Modric and a partnerhsip would not work, but if we had Fletcher AND Hargreaves in the team so there would always be a working partner for him I would definitely have him at United.

We obviously won't sign him this summer, but if Anderson fails to step up this season and Scholes and Gill be past it this time next year, I could see him being lined up as a possible target.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I'm a huge modric fan I must say. Before he came to Tottenham I always said he was one of the top midfielders in Europe, but after his first few months I thought maybe I had got him wrong. But in the second half of the season he showed his true colours as one of the most gifted playmakers about.

The problem with him is that he doesn't offer much in terms of hard work in midfield so you always need a tackler along side him. So for instance, Carrick and Modric and a partnerhsip would not work, but if we had Fletcher AND Hargreaves in the team so there would always be a working partner for him I would definitely have him at United.

We obviously won't sign him this summer, but if Anderson fails to step up this season and Scholes and Gill be past it this time next year, I could see him being lined up as a possible target.
:DNogometni-magazin.com: United ovog ljeta želi dovesti Modrića

according to "our" press, he is the main summer target:D

it's on croatian, and it says that carrick is a part of the deal

he just doesn't strike me as the type of player Fergie would sign, but you never know.
Looking around the team, I think we need more assertive players in the middle of the park.
that's why I rate Milner.
No doubt, Modric's passing, vision and touch are better than Milner, but on the other hand Milner will run, challenge, tackle and can still cross, pick a pass and score the occasional goal. Plus of course he's physically stronger and more robust.

Modric is a fine player and is hitting form/adapting, but if I had to choose I'd go for Milner.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
I would love to have Modric, he is a great passer and very creative we need that, but Levy will force us to break a bank on him. Spurs bought Berbatov for £10m and sold him for £31m. Spurs signed Modric for £17m so i don't want to the think about the price we'll have to pay for him.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
I would love to have Modric, he is a great passer and very creative we need that, but Levy will force us to break a bank on him. Spurs bought Berbatov for £10m and sold him for £31m. Spurs signed Modric for £17m so i don't want to the think about the price we'll have to pay for him.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
not unless carrick gets involved as a part of the deal...but it ain't gonna happen

can't blame the guy for dreaming right ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
nope goal.com in the works for this too:
Manchester United plot £25m bid for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric - report - Goal.com

Personally I'd love to have Modric in the team . Him and Berba would be devastating! Spurs can take Carrick back. I feel a bit queasy about this though; i mean we haven't exactly gotten the best form from our spurs players and I have slight doubts about whether Modric can hack it with that physique of his. Still he's worth a punt if Carrick is part of the deal. GO Fergie Go

61 - 80 of 106 Posts