Manchester United Talk banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh come on! You lot only prefer milner because he's english. Christ! This Modric rumour doesn't seem to be a rumour though..Its rare that i see rumours spreading like wildfire at this rate. Fergie doesn't normally go for these type of players its true but that's because he's always had Scholes and now that Carrick hasn't fulfilled himself i think he realises that he needs a replacement first and foremost and there's nobody better to do that than Modric (he's still 24!).

Plus we have young Tom Cleverley coming through and he's english so forget about Carrick (yes i'm assuming that Cleverley will get some first team action next season).

I'm so excited! I have a good feeling we'll be signing Modric soon...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Oh come on! You lot only prefer milner because he's english. Christ! This Modric rumour doesn't seem to be a rumour though..Its rare that i see rumours spreading like wildfire at this rate. Fergie doesn't normally go for these type of players its true but that's because he's always had Scholes and now that Carrick hasn't fulfilled himself i think he realises that he needs a replacement first and foremost and there's nobody better to do that than Modric (he's still 24!).

Plus we have young Tom Cleverley coming through and he's english so forget about Carrick (yes i'm assuming that Cleverley will get some first team action next season).

I'm so excited! I have a good feeling we'll be signing Modric soon...
Manchester United linked with summer move for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric - Telegraph

i don't that fergie doesn't like his type of player because luke is not a typical trequartistta, he's a deep lying playmaker....in fact he's a box to box playmaker

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
I would love see Fergie make a move for Modric he is a class act he could really bring something till our midfield he is the same type of player Scholes am not comparing Scholes with Modric but i think he would fit in nicely till our side and the way we play. If we had Fletcher and Modric in the middle of park Fletcher could get about tackling like he always does while Modric can setup attacks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The fact he's moved to the middle for Spurs in games against Arsenal and Chelsea and done well has raised the bar for me. Before he was always on the left and playing well, but now he's proved he can hold his own in central midfield i can see him being a contender.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
but is he injury prone? I would take both modric and milner and get rid of carrick and gibson ( + u cant rely on hargo)
he's not injury prone..to me, injury prone means that he's constatly carrying those annoying little injuries ( robben ) that make him unavailable for every other match...he had his leg broken by bowyer and that was pretty much it this season...

The fact he's moved to the middle for Spurs in games against Arsenal and Chelsea and done well has raised the bar for me. Before he was always on the left and playing well, but now he's proved he can hold his own in central midfield i can see him being a contender.
and he played only with huddlestone as his partner and those teams have 3 players in the middle

i still think that him a nani are similar'ish... so 25m for me could be spent, maybe, on a slightly different role.

id be very happy if we signed him tho...

they are completely different...nani's filled with strenght, speed , tricks and thunderbolt whereas luka plays a la xavi...slowly starting attacks with great vision,great passing, not too much risk and doesn't have a good shot on him because after every match his anckle is a bit swollen...he needs to sort that out now that we're not on the WC

nani's constantly on the verge of sprinting and doing something great, has some amazing skills while luka is a bit easy going...a schemer

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Hey boys! seems like the rumor mill has been going with United picking up two mids. and a striker this summer transfer window. Who knows if it evaporates or comes to pin to paper, the chances are Modric is our man to replace The ginger ninja! But only SAF knows!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
what if we swap carrick + 10mfor modric and 22m for milner...and sell tosic for around 5-7m...like this we will only spend around 28m and look at this wonderful midfield:

----------feltcher-----milner----------

valencia--------modric--------nani

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
what if we swap carrick + 10mfor modric and 22m for milner...and sell tosic for around 5-7m...like this we will only spend around 28m and look at this wonderful midfield:

----------feltcher-----milner----------

valencia--------modric--------nani
why a 5 man midfield? if we get modric, we could probably play 4-4-2 with modric and fletcher in the middle!

·
Registered
505 Posts
we need a player like modric perfect replacement for scholes who can not go on forever - regarding giggs we are starting to pick up a few good wingers (valencia nani obertan) so don't think its worth spending our money here - but remember he has been filling the central mid role too so its an area we will be short in when these two class acts actually can not play anymore.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i would much rather milner myself because he has lots of talent plus he is very tough and durable , i find modric a little bit delicate and he would get his fair share of injuries , however buying modric and selling carrick would be a big improvment to the team i cannot disagree with that at all .

81 - 100 of 106 Posts