Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Hi
7,245 Posts
We can't get modric. Spurs will inflate the price too much. SAF may have to look elsewhere. I'm personally not an admirer of his, but too many people express his qualities for me to discount him as a potential buy, hence I wouldn't mind if he came. Hopefully Man Utd and Spurs can negotiate a realistic amount. Anything over £30m I believe is a no-no.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Just watched Harry Redknapp's interview on SSN and he said that Modric is not for sale, he's trying to build a squad for the future and that won't happen if he sells his best players.. But you never know if the price is right then we could snatch him, they have enough midfielders as it is.. Modric, Jenas, Bentley Lennon, Huddleston, Krancjar, Palacios and they've just signed Sandro too theats another midfielder so really they should let Modric go for the right price.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp insists midfielder Luka Modric will not be leaving White Hart Lane during the summer transfer window.

The versatile midfielder has been an integral part of Spurs' push for Champions League football this season.

Reports have recently linked the Croatian with a move to Manchester United after Red Devils' boss Sir Alex Ferguson declared his admiration for the Croatian playmaker.

Redknapp, whose side are in fourth position with three games remaining, insists he will fend off any approaches for the 24-year-old this summer, however.

"He's not a player we should even be thinking about selling or want to sell," said Redknapp ahead of his side's Premier League clash with Bolton tomorrow.

Modric is thought to have signed a six-year deal when he arrived from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008 for a reported £16million transfer fee.

Redknapp insists he has received no suggestions from the player that he wants to leave the north London club.

"I don't think that will be a problem keeping him here," said Redknapp of Modric, who has scored twice for Spurs this season.

"I don't know what his contract situation is at the club but I'm sure he's happy here.

"He's a fantastic player and I want to keep my best players."
TEAMtalk | Football | Latest Football News, Results and Fixtures - Redknapp won't let Luka leave Lane

·
Succumbing to Ennui under Moyes
8,440 Posts
We shouldn't do business with Spurs we're actually doing them a favour by overpaying for their players. Berbatov and Carrick. Not slating Berb...i'm actually one of the few Berb supporters out there but we overpaid for his services. They'll ask for 25 mills for Modric..imo that's too much. We'll offer 20...Man Shitty will put in a bid at the last minute and we will be foced to be pay 30 million. Spurs are the only winners in their business dealings with us so far

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
I'd love to see him at United. But after paying way over the odds for both Carrick and Berbatov I reckon Spurs would try to get at least £25-30m. I think that we've missed the boat on Modric.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts