Manchester United Talk banner

Lukas Podolski

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RedForceRising 
#1 ·
Bayern Munich striker Podolski demands transfer and puts Premier League on red alert

Germany striker Lukas Podolski has put a host of Barclays Premier League clubs on alert after demanding a transfer from Bayern Munich.

The 23-year-old was a star for his country at Euro 2008, where he scored three goals to propel them to the final, but has struggled for regular football at the Allianz Arena.

Tottenham were strongly linked with a move for Podolski after his heroics in Austria and Switzerland, along with Manchester City, but Bayern decided not to cash in.

However, after finding himself down the pecking order in Bavaria, and with David Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan to arrive in January to provide further competition, Podolski is now determined to clinch a move away.

'I have made my mind up that I would like to leave the club in the winter,' he told today's Bild newspaper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1088884/Podolski-puts-Premier-League-red-alert-demanding-transfer.html

I know he's not linked with United in this article...so no one have to waste their time to make that comment....

Still...could Lukas be what we crave at the moment? Before you start to post about how many strikers we got and naming them I have to say that I think Podolski better then Manucho, Welbeck, Campbell and the other strikers we got. The only one better then the Polish born German Int.

In the german Wiki page they say he got 60 caps for Germany and scored 31 goals. And for all of you who want to know the world best player have 60 caps too and scored 'only' 21 goals.;)

See less See more
#7 ·
He seems to be a player who plays very well with the national team and small teams but fails with the big ones

i don't mind getting him for 15M so we can send Wellbeck and Manucho on loans plus he can be a good sub if we don't perm Carlito

but overall hes a decent strikers and i don't think he would join us to be a sub as its the reason why hes leaving bayern

i think he will join citteh but i think he should join an average team like Fulham were he can do well

#9 ·
Bayern to give Lukas aid with exit
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,7555_4575239,00.html

Bayern Munich general manager Uli Hoeness has admitted for the first time that striker Lukas Podolski could be on his way out of the club.

Podolski, who is currently sidelined with a back injury, has been unable to get regular first-team football this season with Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni leading Bayern's attack.

And Hoeness told ARD television on Sunday night that "even I can well imagine him leaving at the end of the season".

"If we can find a replacement for him, I imagine we will be able to grant his wish of going to Cologne," added Hoeness. "We have six months."

In the meantime, Bayern have been busy negotiating with another transfer target.

Bild newspaper has revealed talks were held with Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk in a Munich hotel on Sunday.

"We had a very informative chat," said club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge upon leaving the hotel. "It is not about fetching the player this winter. We are talking about next summer.

"There are still a few things to clear up and the player would like a bit of time to think."

Tymoshchuk is being lined up to replace captain Mark van Bommel, whose contract expires in the summer and is not expected to be extended.

#12 ·
red dave said:
Not a fan of podolski but there is no doubt he can score at international level but have'nt we seen this before david healy ring a bell . Scores for fun for N Ireland but club level bit of a joke really .

F
You could have a point there but NI vs Germany...hmm...

Lukas Podolski have scored in major championships as WC and EC. So its a bit higher level then our old young David Healy.

Still....there's similarities to them....

but also...the player who havent made it in Bundesliga have similar stats in Bundesliga to the God on OT who have scored 6 goals in 14 games now and cost us 30 mill...:rolleyes:

#14 ·
RedForceRising said:
Just want to make the point that he doesn' start that often with Bayern.
When he did recently he repaid Klinsmann by scoring and then was on the bench again the following weekend.

Klose and / or Toni are infront of him and in Klose's case, I don't think it's fair.
klose is a brilliant player who is in my eyes better than podolski but everyone is allowed there own view on players .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.