Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remember Luke Chadwick "the next david beckham" ?
typical of the media hyping up utd so get more kids andd foriegners on the band wagon typical oh so typical.

was a good finish give him that but it is totally being blown out of proportian 20 minutes doesnt make a world class player ....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Macheda is 17 and is still developing. He has bags of talent already and can only get better.

Why use Chadwick though as an example Kippa?

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
He might be a WUM but I think he has a valid point.

Not all players are able to deal with media hype, and it can totally ruin their careers. I remember reading Keano's autobiography where he mentioned how media frenzies ruined his nephew or someone's career, and just couldn't bother to continue because of the media tagging him.

Not all players deal with fame as well as Beckham did. I'm not saying that Macheda's career will fail though. As long as Sir Alex or someone experienced is there to guide him, the Chadwick effect won't happen.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
macheda really reminded me of a young NORMAN WHITESIDE the way he came on and was not in the slightest bit intimidated by seasoned professionals ,in fact he looks like he will be pushing them about just like stormin norman used to do at a young age.i sure hope he follows whitesides example because utd need a little fire up front to annoy our opponents.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
remember Luke Chadwick "the next david beckham" ?
typical of the media hyping up utd so get more kids andd foriegners on the band wagon typical oh so typical.

was a good finish give him that but it is totally being blown out of proportian 20 minutes doesnt make a world class player ....
Whooooohhh we have a city fan here !! oh hello! :wave1:

First and foremost, no one called him a world class player..dont know where you get that unless thats what you think..
Secondly, you do realise that when things concerning the media, they hype up a lot of things not only united..remember Kaka?? Yeah that was overly hype up too was it not??:D

I for once doesnt mind the hype this kid is getting cause i know he is in a good hand. No one knows the future, yes luke chadwick is no david beckham but who is?? I certainly dont expect this kid to be as well. But know this, if he can do as well as that on his debut and scoring goal with that caliber..he deserved to have all the limelight atleast for now. Dont you think this kid is special? In his 20 minutes of playing, he can make a rival fan like yourself register in a rival forum and post about him?? I smell jelousy somewhere...:whistling:

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
If I die in the Kippax Street, woah-oh woah-oh,
If I die in the Kippax Street, woah-oh woah-oh,
If I die in the Kippax Street, there'll be ten blue b*stards at my feet,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

Use your head and use your feet, woah-oh woah-oh,
Use your head and use your feet, woah-oh woah-oh,
Use your head and use your feet, ten blue b*stards at my feet,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

If my bones do not mend, woah-oh woah-oh,
If my bones do not mend, woah-oh woah-oh,
If my bones do not mend, then carry me back to the Stretford End
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

When we go down to Maine Road, woah-oh, woah-oh,
When we go down to Maine Road, woah-oh, woah-oh,
When we go down to Maine Road the City fans they s*it their load,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

Walking down the Grafton Street, woah-oh, woah-oh,
Walking down the Grafton Street, woah-oh, woah-oh,
Walking down the Grafton Street, there'll be ten blue b*stards at my feet,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

Burn, destroy, wreck and kill, woah-oh, woah-oh,
Burn, destroy, wreck and kill, woah-oh, woah-oh,
Burn, destroy, wreck and kill, United fans f*cking will,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

On my grave it will say, woah-oh, woah-oh,
On my grave it will say, woah-oh, woah-oh,
On my grave it will say, ten blue b*stards went the same way,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

When I die and go to hell, woah-oh, woah-oh,
Me and the Devil will get on well, woah-oh, woah-oh,
'Cos he hates Summerbee and I hate Bell, me and the Devil will get on well,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

If I die in the Stretford End, woah-oh, woah-oh,
If I die in the Stretford End, woah-oh, woah-oh,
If I die in the Stretford End, I'll defend my faith right to the end,
Woah-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I know this is someone winding us all up, but tbh no one should be making an real assessments of Macheda yet as he's played 1 game for the first XI, people are talking as though he's a seasoned pro.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
didnt say he's the same type of player as luke the eliphant man chadwick. i just remember when he had all this hype and the media and some utd fans saying he was gunna be the next beckham ect... i just see this going the same way...n if he does prove me wrong and becomes a good consistent player and is reg in ur team u will need him in the future when we will eventually be challenging u.

and berbatov08 u must be one of those irish kids out side old trafford singing **** off home city? lol made me chuckle cus last year this is no lie gods honest truth after was was locked in ur ground we got up to the traffic lights near warick road and a group of 3 utd fans must of been spanish or scandenavien with they utd tracksuits and scarves n wooley hats and mega store bags asked us for directions to manchester city centre but then again had the same thing happen at liverpool what idiots lol

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
didnt say he's the same type of player as luke the eliphant man chadwick. i just remember when he had all this hype and the media and some utd fans saying he was gunna be the next beckham ect... i just see this going the same way...n if he does prove me wrong and becomes a good consistent player and is reg in ur team u will need him in the future when we will eventually be challenging u.

and berbatov08 u must be one of those irish kids out side old trafford singing **** off home city? lol made me chuckle cus last year this is no lie gods honest truth after was was locked in ur ground we got up to the traffic lights near warick road and a group of 3 utd fans must of been spanish or scandenavien with they utd tracksuits and scarves n wooley hats and mega store bags asked us for directions to manchester city centre but then again had the same thing happen at liverpool what idiots lol
So, you calling us idiots now?:fyou:

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts

Were your parents brother and sister?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Fair enough...but its has always been the case to every youngsters that find themselves in Macheda position. Not often do we see a youngster as young as him managed to score a goal on his debut what more an important one too. Im myself isnt so sure where his future lies cause aside from Luke Chadwick, we have Rossi and a few others who ended up leaving as well. But like i said no one knows the future. The press will definitely keep on doing what they did best and its beyond our control to stop them from all the limelight and exaggeration. Im sure come next game, everything will be back to normal, all these hype are only because we knew what a prospect we have and we are just happy for a boy his age to get his dream debut. Believe me, no one is counting our chicken yet cause we all know by now that in united, it needs more than one outstanding performance to make it big.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nope but they was english... how old r u bloody hell was making a valid point and get kids like berbatov08 posting some immature song. he's probly never been old trafford never mind kippax street come on.

some of u reds must know what i mean cus i know some of u actually know stuff about the real world and can talk some sense...

my point was btw this machenda is gettin extremely hyped up saying he came from utd youth acadmy ? u baught him 18 months ago.. fantastic..

and u say about the kaka thing being hyped yes it was but wat first thing we have had hyped in so many years u lot have the media up ur arse and u get it every week

1 - 20 of 40 Posts