Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's been a long time since a striker came through our ranks . however now we have 4 strikers who have potential to be quality . question is who'll make it through ?
personally i don't think campbell can cut it . that still leaves us with three strikers .if anyone's been watching the reserves they'll know about the amount of potential welback and macheda have . and even though manucho hasn't been too impressive for us he had a good african cup of nations and a good loan spell at panathikos (i haven't watched him play for hull ) . so the question remains who'll make it through ?

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
I actually rate Campbell, so il say give him another season or two, and maybe some actual United time rather than loan spells, his pace and finishing are top notch... 6/10 chance to make it

Welbeck looks good, but not amazing, and theres much better young strikers out there who stamp they're authority on games more, but he does have something about him... 9/10 chance to make it

Macheda has really staked a claim with the goal against Villa, and for his poor first touch, he does seem to be one hell of a finisher, and is the youngest of the bunch... 8/10 chance to make it

Manucho just isn't good enough, is far too old to improve significantly, and i fully expect him to be sold to a newly promoted / survived prem team come the summer... 0/10 chance to make it

On another note, Davide Petrucci is still really impressing me from the reserves, and seems to compliment Macheda well, he looks very Rooney-esque... 7/10 chance to make it

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Of the 4 you mentioned, I think Macheda and Welbeck are the ones with a chance of making it. As far as I'm concerned Manucho and Campbell have no chance at united unfortunately.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Petrucci isn't a striker.

haven't seen Macheda enough, but looks promising.

Welbeck seems decent, needs to get more strong though. quick as **** too though.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I probably rate Macheda slightly higher than all of them, as people will have noticed, by reading the reserve forum. Himself and Petrucci could really be stars of the future. However, Petrucci has been out injured for about 3 months now, so lets hope he overcomes his problems.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Wellbeck/Macheda SHOULD make it,Petrucci not sure,need to see more as with Macheda,Manucho should be ManuchNO......this guy is past his sell by date and is hardly a youngster!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Macheda will have a lot of pressure on him to perform now, it's unreal..!
He needs to keep his feet on the ground and there's no better Manager than SAF to do this..

IMO I think Macheda has massive potential having all the attributes to be a Top Striker..
Wellbeck has great potential aswell and i see no reason why he can't make it at United too..

Manucho doesn't look great to me and I think he might be sold on sooner rather than later..
I still think Campbell is a good player but I think he will be on Loan again next season..

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Campbell and Manucho will never make it at United.

Welbeck and Macheda have a good chance to make the 4th striker birth their own,
and as we saw in 99 with the 4 strikers they will get game time and a chance to shine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Macheda & Welbeck will hopefully have the opportunity to make it at United, they have the potential.

Campbell will make it in the premier League but not at Old Trafford.

Manucho... :whistling: no

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Campbell - Premier League standard striker. Just not with United, unless we don't sign tevez.
His chances of having a career at United would increase a lot, if he can play as a winger. With his pace and ball control he should. He's not a bad crosser of the ball either. Seen him set up a couple of goals at Spurs for Bent.

Welbeck - Yes! sunchaser will have a different take on him, but Welbeck has a good first touch, a sweet right foot, is a good finisher and has already played on the right wing, showing his versatility.

Macheda - Yes! And possibly has a better chance then Welbeck.
His first touch seems a bit heavier than Welbeck, but boy can he finish. Cool and composed, the boy took his form for the reserves into the first team without a glitch. Like it wasn't a big deal to play in front of 76,000 people. Very good prospect, but still a diamond in the rough.

Manucho - We were all looking forward to him, but I don't think he is the next Adebayor. Seems to be Championship material though.

Possebon can become a decent squad layer at the least and I think Petrucci has been looking good thus far.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
You're all getting ahead of yourselves with Macheda. He scored one goal on his debut, and while I'm grateful and I was pleased yesterday, it's by no means a foregone conclusion that he'll make it here. I believe Rossi scored on his debut too. Against Sunderland, correct me if I'm wrong. He looked impressive, and certainly, I'm optimistic though.

Welbeck has been hit and miss. I like the look of him, and it's good that he's English, and he's a product of our youth system. That alone won't bring success though. He needs to improve his ball control, and utilise his height well. He's tall, but I haven't really seen much of an aerial threat from him.

Campbell and Manucho don't have much chance, if any.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
You're all getting ahead of yourselves with Macheda. He scored one goal on his debut, and while I'm grateful and I was pleased yesterday, it's by no means a foregone conclusion that he'll make it here. I believe Rossi scored on his debut too. Against Sunderland, correct me if I'm wrong. He looked impressive, and certainly, I'm optimistic though.

Welbeck has been hit and miss. I like the look of him, and it's good that he's English, and he's a product of our youth system. That alone won't bring success though. He needs to improve his ball control, and utilise his height well. He's tall, but I haven't really seen much of an aerial threat from him.

Campbell and Manucho don't have much chance, if any.
Rossi's demure stature was going against him and he himself wanted first team football which Fergie couldn't guarentee. We don't necessarily if would have made it or not.

Looking at Macheda and Welbeck at the age of 17 & 18, you can see that they have quite a frame to fill and good height. Both of them are good finishers already, so I'm pretty confident the rest will come.

Of course, some are getting ahead of themselves by saying 'they are the future' or they are 'future regulars', but I would be very, very surprised if they do not have a career at United.

I haven't had this confidence in United youth players since Beckham and Scholes, so I think that's a good sign :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Slightly off topic, but if you watch the third of Macheda's goals against Newcastle reserves, the pass from James was brilliant, like something Beckham would have done. and then Machedas control, one touch on the outside of his boot and then BANG into the net, is very like an Ole goal. I can see Macheda becoming one of our main strikers in a few years (remember the way Ole got quickly promoted and became the baby faced assassin?).

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Welbeck should make it but i agree with whoever said he needs to get a little bit stronger he sometimes gets hustled off the ball quite easily. Macheda imo is young and obviously improving alot i hope he makes it. Campbell and manucho i think will be sold in the coming seasons :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Bit tough to say about some of them at the moment but I think we can definitely say Manucho won't make it, and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't leave this summer.

As for Campbell, he's a tough one to call but unfortunately I don't think he'll make it to be honest, he;s what 21/22 now? Nah no chance. Then again saying that I've been impressed each time I've seen him play for us. I think it was a waste of time him going to Spurs as they only ever seemed to play him in the League Cup.

As for Macheda and Welbeck I thinbk they both have a fairly good chance :p

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
history tells us that out of them maybe one will make the top top grade while the others won't...thats always been the way, its a miracle if you get a lot of young players coming through together who all make it as in the early 90's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts