Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EXCLUSIVE: Macheda rewarded for his heroics with new £10,000 a week deal at United | Mail Online

Federico Macheda's stunning start to his Manchester United career is to be rewarded with a new £10,000-a-week contract this summer.

The 17-year-old, known as ‘Kiko’, currently earns £400-a-week but is on the first-team appearance bonus of £2,000 a game in the Premier League.

He scored United’s winner at Sunderland on Saturday just 46 seconds after coming on as a substitute.

The Italian, who hit a stunning injury-time winner against Aston Villa on his debut, signed a three-year deal when he joined from Lazio in September 2007, but his elevation to the first team squad has set the wheels in motion for an improved deal.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has recognised his remarkable contribution to their title challenge.

He said: ‘The lad has something special. I’ve had a chat with his family and I’m sure they will keep his feet on the ground.

‘He has that quick thinking, that instinct, which good goalscorers have. He wasn’t fazed by anything when he came on.’

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Well, if we're giving him a £10,000/week contract now, then I suppose that means we're going to use him more and more in the first team. That's good to hear.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Federico Macheda could be offered a five-year contract by Manchester United as soon as he turns 18, according to his agent.

The Italian youngster came off the bench to score a dramatic winning goal in stoppage time against Aston Villa just over a week ago.

On Saturday he did it again, snatching the decisive goal at the Stadium of Light to ensure that his side remain on top of the Premier League.

Macheda's agent Giovanni Bia believes that Sir Alex Ferguson will do everything he can to keep the 17-year-old at Old Trafford for a number of years.

"When he's 18 we'll talk again," Bia told Sky Italia.

"I think Manchester will ask us to sign a five-year deal and I think that would be logical because it makes no sense to lose a lad at 21. We haven't talked about figures."

Macheda will celebrate his 18th birthday in August.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Macheda set for new contract

·
Registered
293 Posts
ye i hope he doesn't get carried away aswell. he looks like the kind of person who would have a massive ego. i hope to be proven wrong.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
400 quid a week is still pretty good tbf its probably more than i earn lol. Fully deserved though well done kiko if true.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts