• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say instinctive, you can tell from his body movement that
he anticipated the ball.
That was my conclusion but Im still a bit undecided tbh. Ive seen it so many times and its hard to tell. A few times it even looked like an og.:blink:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
instinctive most defiantly! ive watched the goal again and its so obvious he changes his body shape! he is a born goal scorer IMO and was just born with those instincts like all the best strikers are!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Couldn`t care less. That`s what i voted.
He`s a natural striker, you could see that
both type of goals are important, good strikers score both.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I remember a player scoring in his first two games for
the club, albeit in friendlies against Far Eastern teams.

His name was Nani.:blink:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'd like to think it was instinctive although only Macheda will know. He definitely turned his foot to angle it in though

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I don't think it was a fluke, he turned his foot to tuck it into the bottom right corner, i don't think the ball just luckily came off his foot and went in, he had great reflexes and it was a great goal.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Frankly, I don't care if it was instinctive or not, it's the fact he's putting himself into good positions that is what I'm happy about. That he's scoring these game winners, well that's just the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake!

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I think the fact that he anticipates the ball proves it was not a fluke, still could not care less to be honest, a goal is a goal no matter what.

·
23,699 Posts
"As soon as the ball came to him, he puts his foot on it and that's the instinct of a striker.

We're very hopeful for the boy - he's got a great eye for goal and a tremendous physique."

- Sir Alex Ferguson

S

·
0 Posts
Macheda v Sunderland
There it is again..... I still kinda think its instinctive but Im not 100% sure.
Not just going by that clip, watched it from lots of different angles.
On play or even slow play it looks instinctive, freeze it and run frame by frame it looks
like a fluke, he doesn't seem to turn his foot to it but he does see the ball coming and
deflects it.

My vote.....Who gives a monkeys ? It's a goal and a very important one at that. :specool:
Will be debated for a long time to come.

UNITED top of the league !!!

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
I couldn't care less. That was an important goal and I'm happy we got the vital 3 points.

On a side note, Macheda is showing our other strikers that good things do happen when you stick around the penalty box :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
at first it looks like a fluke, but i sincerely don't care. United won and Macheda scored another impotant goal . I'm realy glad for him , but i'm even more happy that we won. I was realy dissapointed when i saw what kind of goal we've received. Let's hope we can cut the mistakes short in the future games.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
“He has got something special about him, the boy,” Ferguson said. “I haven’t seen the goal, but one of

the players said he actually tried it. He side-footed it as it came to him. It’s that quick-thinking that

goalscorers have got. He has just got that instinct.”

- Sir Alex Ferguson

1 - 20 of 43 Posts